Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GO rill uhs

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    We aren't sandbagging. We have sucked for 5 straight years. If we were , though, we would just learn from the nw fans. It's the only postgrad degree they offer.
    Now that I think about it, every year some Pitt fans act as if they will go 4-7, or 5-6.

The last five years
    14 11-2
    15 6-5
    16 7-4
    17 8-4
    18 8-3

Sure your expectations might be higher than the results. But your historical record highly suggests that a 4-5 win season is unlikely. (Unless this team is just vastly under talented compared to previous ones.)
    Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
      Now that I think about it, every year some Pitt fans act as if they will go 4-7, or 5-6.

The last five years
      14 11-2
      15 6-5
      16 7-4
      17 8-4
      18 8-3

Sure your expectations might be higher than the results. But your historical record highly suggests that a 4-5 win season is unlikely. (Unless this team is just vastly under talented compared to previous ones.)
      I didn't say 4 to 5 wins. I said they have sucked. Teams, like pitt and uco, who miss the playoffs 4 years in a row suck.

I really, really hope Pitt doesn't suck this year. We will find out soon enough.

Comment

I would add that I was wrong. Pitt has sucked for 4 years in a row, not 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          We aren't sandbagging. We have sucked for 5 straight years. If we were , though, we would just learn from the nw fans. It's the only postgrad degree they offer.
          What!!!!!! I thought we had "Turkey Inseminating" or was that undergrad. :smile-big:

Comment

The last five years
            14 11-2
            15 6-5
            16 7-4
            17 8-4
            18 8-3

The Pitt State O/U ought to be 7.5. I'll take the over, but largely because of the possibilities of a bowl game. 7-4 regular season seems most likely to me. 8-3 wouldn't surprise me at all. 6-5 wouldn't shock me, but it would sting quite a bit. 9-2 would be a disappointing success. 10-1 or better seems out of the question with the current Pitt State regime.

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Championships shouldn't be a factor before 1973.
            If you want to say they should count as less than post-1973 championships, that's fine, but to say they shouldn't count at all seems silly, especially in an all-class ranking. It isn't a list to evaluate D2 football.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
              The Pitt State O/U ought to be 7.5. I'll take the over, but largely because of the possibilities of a bowl game. 7-4 regular season seems most likely to me. 8-3 wouldn't surprise me at all. 6-5 wouldn't shock me, but it would sting quite a bit. 9-2 would be a disappointing success. 10-1 or better seems out of the question with the current Pitt State regime.

If you want to say they should count as less than post-1973 championships, that's fine, but to say they shouldn't count at all seems silly, especially in an all-class ranking. It isn't a list to evaluate D2 football.
              Yeah. I have no problem counting the NAIA ones. Actually, they're more legit than some of the ones counted by Alabama. Really I was just thinking about counting claimed imaginary titles versus schools that had no opportunity to win one before 1973 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                What!!!!!! I thought we had "Turkey Inseminating" or was that undergrad. :smile-big:
                I forgot about the Undergrad/postgrad/secret society of turkey inseminating.

Comment

So last week, at my daughters daycare, the providers daughter (who goes to NW) was teaching my daughter some of the NW chants (Go Bearcats, and B E A R.. C A T S) at 2 she didn't quite get it. But one of the other older little girls was listening in and picked them up - unfortunately her parents are Pitt St alumni. I'm sure that made for some interesting conversations at home :smile-big:
                  Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I'll just be glad when Pitt fans don't have to wear a paper bag on their head at daycare.

Comment

The last five years
                      14 11-2
                      15 6-5
                      16 7-4
                      17 8-4
                      18 8-3

The standard at Pitt is making the playoffs, not winning 7 or 8 games.

At least it was until Tim Beck.

Comment

The last five years
                        14 11-2
                        15 6-5
                        16 7-4
                        17 8-4
                        18 8-3

Did you mean under talented or poorly coached?

Comment

Pitt State is loaded with talent... They just have questions at QB.

Hear all about it here: https://anchor.fm/miaa-weekly/episod...preview-e52ggk

Comment

Sweet gonna spotify that on my drive hometonight

Comment

I mentioned last year that I felt like Pitt was headed in a downhill direction. Got berated for the comment, but with Beck still at the helm Iā€™m interested to see what the trajectory looks like this year. Especially after week 1. šŸ˜
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                                I mentioned last year that I felt like Pitt was headed in a downhill direction. Got berated for the comment, but with Beck still at the helm Iā€™m interested to see what the trajectory looks like this year. Especially after week 1. šŸ˜
                                They have been downhill every year but 2 since Beck took over. I predict he pulls a Rasputin this year, makes the PO's and then starts sucking for the next 4-5 years again.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X