Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWMSU vs MWSU

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NWMSU vs MWSU

    Looks like a good chance of rain/thunderstorms during the game. NW needs another big game from Al, Mikey & Alex. This may be a ‘no lead is safe’ type of game.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 09-30-2021, 09:25 AM.

  • #2
    I agree Fanatic....MoWest is a team on the rise I think. Northwest will be put to the test in this one. With various injuries etc., this game the 'Cats will have very little margin for error. Need to play a penalty-free game, lock down on defense, and be opportunistic on offense.
    Northwest Missouri State University
    BEARCATS

    Comment


    • #3
      Also, don’t punt or kick to Vaval

      Comment


      • #4
        are you expecting rain to the excessive sandbagging or is it supposed to really rain?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wallst View Post
          are you expecting rain to the excessive sandbagging or is it supposed to really rain?
          Yes…

          Comment


          • #6
            It's the first game where we get to see how much better NW is than the 5 or 6 who seem to be pretty close in an any given Saturday kind of way.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              It's the first game where we get to see how much better NW is than the 5 or 6 who seem to be pretty close in an any given Saturday kind of way.
              What about Fort Hays?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Brandon View Post

                What about Fort Hays?
                Different qb for nw, plus I consider the first game sort of a throw away with everyone coming off of a year with no football. That game didn't tell us much, imo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  As an aside, this year drives home how hard it must be to judge talent as I watched the 2 historically best passing teams start the season with the wrong guy under center.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    As an aside, this year drives home how hard it must be to judge talent as I watched the 2 historically best passing teams start the season with the wrong guy under center.
                    UCO and ??? :)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wallst View Post

                      UCO and ??? :)
                      I was thinking UCM and NW. Forgot about UCO

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        From looking over the statistics:

                        1. NW has a strong run offense and defense. MW is middle of the pack on both. Advantage NW.
                        2. MW has strong pass offense and a second to last in the conference pass defense. NW is middle of the road in both pass offense and pass defense. This is a toss up to me as I could see MW potentially having a good passing game....but then also giving up a lot of pass offense to NW on RPO or play action.
                        3. NW is highly ranked in both kick and punt returns. MW may have a huge weapon in Vavel but he's been mostly contained so far. I rate this a toss up if Vavel can have break a few open.

                        Scenario 1- NW 38 MW 21
                        NW grounds and pounds all game with the occasional play action downfield. They both eat up the clock and score TD's. MW's run game will mostly be stopped (very young O line.) The pass game will put up a few touchdowns but it won't be enough.

                        Scenario 2 MW 35 NW 31
                        In this scenario we are able to somewhat contain the NW rushing game and score a couple of turnovers in the NW passing game. MW's run game is abandoned early and the rest will be up to Vespo and the O line giving him some time. Key here is MW O line giving Vespo some time. If there is constant pressure on him (typical NW defense) I don't see much of a chance. This scenario may see more play from our second string QB who really has some wheels.

                        I give scenario 1 a 75% probability and scenario 2 a 25% chance.

                        Hopefully, the rain holds off. It's fun to have a big crowd for games like this.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not to sound too homery, but I just don’t see MW scoring 21 on this defense with the weather projections. Sloppy weather could lead to some turnovers, so you never really know, but I would be surprised if MW gets 20+.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I like scenario 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The nw front 7 looks really good. Mowest is crazy fast on offense. I expect nw to Win pretty handily, but could definitely see the griffs putting up some points via big plays.

                              Will be interesting to see how the Griff qb does under that onslaught.

                              Griffs still undisciplined as heck, but this year when they get down they seem to get determined instead of trying to get into a fistfight after every play.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X