Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    That makes sense, if that's his mgmt style.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    This is exactly what appeared in the Maryville Daily Forum...

Nobody got thrown under anything.

Last edited by CatFan88; 10-23-2021, 06:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BearcatDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Pretty rare for a hc to throw a coordinator under the bus like that.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Pretty rare for a hc to throw a coordinator under the bus like that.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Yep-the 7-4 season and if memory serves me we held the lead in 4th in several of the losses

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Hohensee is so much better than Baker, that's not even funny. There is a direct correlation between a mobile Hohensee and a much more dynamic offense. When the QB can move, it opens up so much more of the play book, and the defense has to defend so many more possibilities. They tried to limit MH moving in the first half of the Pitt game, and NW offense was inept. They took the breaks off of him and that loosened up the Pitt defense to allow the offense to move the ball. In the WU game, I don't think MH was capable of being any more mobile than he was, and the offense was just as inept. That's what happens when the experienced WR corp isn't all that great. If you become one dimensional, you are screwed! Looking at the last two years recruiting classes - it appears that Sturdy recognized the problem at WR and is addressing it. My guess is that they don't want to burn those red shirts. Maybe pick up a WR from the portal if one becomes available. Remember, other than the super seniors, this is a super young team. They have already surpassed my expectations and the future looks bright.

If Schurig hadn't of gone out of the game, NW would have lost by a much bigger margin! If Hohensee can heal up, things will look good for NW, if he can't - it won't. Plain and simple.

Perfect example of this is UCM - when Bolles was in there, they looked great. He got hurt, they didn't look too great. He came back - looked great again. Just need Hohensee to be able to come back to what he was like prior to the injury! Or we can just look forward to next year :D
    I wasn't really suggesting a comparison between Baker and Hohensee as much as the situation. We all want Hohensee to be so much better than Wright, just like we wanted the same for Baker vs. Martin, but there might be a reason as to why he was unable to take the job even when there were "new" eyes in the program watching film, practices, and making those decisions. I also understand the importance of the mobility of the quarterback, which was what made Wright effective and exciting when he first got here. He kind of stopped doing it though and he's obviously not the kind of quarterback that can sit in the pocket and pick people apart. The playbook shouldn't have been any different for Wright vs. Hohensee as far mobility is concerned... I don't know if that was BW, or coaching or what, but he was pretty electric early in his career with his legs. We all want and hope that a healthy Hohensee takes the team to a new level offensively, but I don't know that we really seen enough yet to know that he does... we just hope he does. Again, the early returns looked good, granted everyone was open against Central, but he did look good until he got banged up against MoWest. He throws a nice ball with some touch, and it wouldn't be hard to be more accurate, but is it really going to amount to a big change? Especially given the limitations with the skill position players you mentioned. The bottom line is that we're still struggling to score points efficiently... getting blanked for entire halves is concerning. A reliable kicker would be nice too.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Hohensee is so much better than Baker, that's not even funny. There is a direct correlation between a mobile Hohensee and a much more dynamic offense. When the QB can move, it opens up so much more of the play book, and the defense has to defend so many more possibilities. They tried to limit MH moving in the first half of the Pitt game, and NW offense was inept. They took the breaks off of him and that loosened up the Pitt defense to allow the offense to move the ball. In the WU game, I don't think MH was capable of being any more mobile than he was, and the offense was just as inept. That's what happens when the experienced WR corp isn't all that great. If you become one dimensional, you are screwed! Looking at the last two years recruiting classes - it appears that Sturdy recognized the problem at WR and is addressing it. My guess is that they don't want to burn those red shirts. Maybe pick up a WR from the portal if one becomes available. Remember, other than the super seniors, this is a super young team. They have already surpassed my expectations and the future looks bright.

If Schurig hadn't of gone out of the game, NW would have lost by a much bigger margin! If Hohensee can heal up, things will look good for NW, if he can't - it won't. Plain and simple.

Perfect example of this is UCM - when Bolles was in there, they looked great. He got hurt, they didn't look too great. He came back - looked great again. Just need Hohensee to be able to come back to what he was like prior to the injury! Or we can just look forward to next year :D
    Pitt's inability to get pressureon anyone and unwillingness to play anything but a zone had more to do with NW 2nd half scoring than any elusiveness by the nw qb.

The fact that nw waited until they were desperate to try and exploit that tells me they have very little trust in those surrounding the passing game. That or Broyles is their double secret passing game coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• BearcatDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    This reminds me a little of 2017 when Jonathon Baker finally took over for Zach Martin and the early returns looked good. Many thought we were finally going to be able to throw the ball to open up the offense a little bit going into the playoffs. It turned out that he really wasn't that much better, if he was at all. Don't get me wrong, I think Hohensee has a much greater upside than Baker, and it could be that the injuries are hampering him to an extent. Obviously, his ability to run the ball is one of his better attributes (really should've been one of Wright's too, but he wasn't taking off much anymore). Could it just be that this is what he is and there was a reason he hadn't been able to beat out Wright? Of course it's the unit, not just the QB... guys have to get open, the line has to protect, etc., etc. To have an all world back like McKeller and be shut out in the first half of 2 straight games isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in our ability to become great offensive unit by the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    This reminds me a little of 2017 when Jonathon Baker finally took over for Zach Martin and the early returns looked good. Many thought we were finally going to be able to throw the ball to open up the offense a little bit going into the playoffs. It turned out that he really wasn't that much better, if he was at all. Don't get me wrong, I think Hohensee has a much greater upside than Baker, and it could be that the injuries are hampering him to an extent. Obviously, his ability to run the ball is one of his better attributes (really should've been one of Wright's too, but he wasn't taking off much anymore). Could it just be that this is what he is and there was a reason he hadn't been able to beat out Wright? Of course it's the unit, not just the QB... guys have to get open, the line has to protect, etc., etc. To have an all world back like McKeller and be shut out in the first half of 2 straight games isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in our ability to become great offensive unit by the end of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Hornetfan
    replied
    Originally posted by PSR View Post
    It's circa 2005. Just exchange Pitt for NW.

It's more of what nwms said. It's the kids. You don't have the difference makers you once had or as many of them.

I lived this and have seen this movie before only with a different actor.

Take this as smack if you want, NW fans probably will. But it ain't.
    Flash in the pan. ;)

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    It's circa 2005. Just exchange Pitt for NW.

It's more of what nwms said. It's the kids. You don't have the difference makers you once had or as many of them.

I lived this and have seen this movie before only with a different actor.

Take this as smack if you want, NW fans probably will. But it ain't.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X