Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MO West announcers were awful when I first logged in for the game trying to get their act together in the pre-game. They even booed the Bearcats as they entered the field and I'm not saying they don't need to like the Bearcats, but from an announcers point of view it was less than classy and not a way to further your career. I turned them off and of course listened to the Bearcat broadcast team. I really disliked the graphics MO West put up to advertise at the top of the screen and the huge game status setup at the bottom. It just took up to much of the screen in my opinion.

Comment

The audio thing has been addressed with the Pitt-UCO broadcast.
      Another issue was the camera work. I understand these are students, but we're still paying for this crap. At least teach your students how to use a viewfinder to ensure that the ball is in the frame.
      It seemed to get a little better as the game went on, but early on it was pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1986 View Post
        The MO West announcers were awful when I first logged in for the game trying to get their act together in the pre-game. They even booed the Bearcats as they entered the field and I'm not saying they don't need to like the Bearcats, but from an announcers point of view it was less than classy and not a way to further your career. I turned them off and of course listened to the Bearcat broadcast team. I really disliked the graphics MO West put up to advertise at the top of the screen and the huge game status setup at the bottom. It just took up to much of the screen in my opinion.
        I agree, plus the fact that they were constantly missing the 1st plays because they were filming some meth head dancing in stupid glasses even though it was completely dark out. Also, the announcers were trash talking at half on the bearcats, they forgot to cut the mic off. Was quite hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1986 View Post
          I remember watching one of their games last year and thinking the production was pretty good, Sundance was one of the announcers. But yeah, last night was somewhat annoying... I didn't necessarily mind the graphics, but it felt like they were late getting back to the action several times. The hot mic was funny... it happened a couple of different times during commercial breaks too. 1st game for them too I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
            I watched the end of Central/Fort Hays... Dave Armstrong and Rich Baldinger! Was kind of cool to hear familiar voices that sounded professional. Have they been doing Central games for a while?
            No they do games for the NCAA streaming stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
              The audio thing has been addressed with the Pitt-UCO broadcast.
              Another issue was the camera work. I understand these are students, but we're still paying for this crap. At least teach your students how to use a viewfinder to ensure that the ball is in the frame.
              It seemed to get a little better as the game went on, but early on it was pretty bad.
              I don't think they had any replays either. Poorly done broadcast by UCO.

Comment

Yeah UCO broadcast camera work sucked.

Comment

Suffered through the Central Oklahoma broadcast (no audio plus terrible camera work) last Thursday. Tried the Southern - Lincoln broadcast this Thursday. No audio for much of the first quarter; the camera must be 300 yards away from the field and the players look like ants. I could not tell what was going on. Switched to the Western- Hays broadcast at 7. Picture is freezing and it says "broadcaster has stopped streaming". It finally is working in the second quarter. Big mistake to buy a season pass. MIAA broadcasts are sub-standard.

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with the student broadcasts - it's how they learn. At the same time - they are paying to learn, the MIAA is paying stream, companies are paying to advertise - why exactly am I paying to get a sub-par product? There are a lot of other conferences that stream all of their games for free. Still haven't figured out why the MIAA isn't one of them.
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I emailed the lady at the MIAA who is in charge of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                        I have absolutely no problem with the student broadcasts - it's how they learn. At the same time - they are paying to learn, the MIAA is paying stream, companies are paying to advertise - why exactly am I paying to get a sub-par product? There are a lot of other conferences that stream all of their games for free. Still haven't figured out why the MIAA isn't one of them.
                        this is where i am pretty much. it is definitely not a 75 dollar a season product right now. i have seen free high school broadcasts that were equal to or better than some of these. it would be interesting to see a breakdown of where the money goes. there could be a legit reason, but it seems exorbitant compared to what is available for other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                          Source

Based on the published subsription rates that's like $200,000 generated by PPV. Granted if the streaming company takes half of it and the conference office takes a quarter that leaves an average of around $3,500 each for the 14 schools.The way it's set up viewers are able to designate which school gets the income when the viewer pays the fees so some schools get a lot more and I'm sure some get a lot less. Why would you give up that source of revenue? What is the tangible advantage to the school? Because the GLVC for example lets you watch their game for free do you support that conference or any of those schools? Do you think their fans support their teams more than MIAA fans support theirs?

Schools don't let fans in the stadium for free to watch, why should they let people watch online for free?

Now if the numbers start going down significantly then I could understand going to a free broadcast to try and bring out fans. It's why most of the sports other than football and basketball are free to view.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                            Source

Based on the published subsription rates that's like $200,000 generated by PPV. Granted if the streaming company takes half of it and the conference office takes a quarter that leaves an average of around $3,500 each for the 14 schools.The way it's set up viewers are able to designate which school gets the income when the viewer pays the fees so some schools get a lot more and I'm sure some get a lot less. Why would you give up that source of revenue? What is the tangible advantage to the school? Because the GLVC for example lets you watch their game for free do you support that conference or any of those schools? Do you think their fans support their teams more than MIAA fans support theirs?

Schools don't let fans in the stadium for free to watch, why should they let people watch online for free?

Now if the numbers start going down significantly then I could understand going to a free broadcast to try and bring out fans. It's why most of the sports other than football and basketball are free to view.
                            I'm fine with them charging, but it seems like they should realize that they could run it themselves (not through BlueFrame), have better quality, charge less and still make more money--all while the fans are happier and have a better experience. Right now, it's a perfect example of the quintessential problem with monopolized enterprises and that reflects poor leadership at the conference level. It's almost like the same people who came up with silo scheduling came up with this product.

Comment

I purchase a season pass for football. Actually my father in law and I split the cost. He watches the games live (I am at the games) while I go back and use the On Demand feature. It's worth the $38.50 to me - it's not worth $77.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                                Source

So for $3500 they are willing to to have their fans gripe and complain about them and a crappy product? Makes sense

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X