Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coaching Changes

    Now that the season is complete for most teams, the coaching carousel begins.

    Looks like Lincoln is making a change coaching wise.

    https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...oaching-change

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jayhawk Juco Guy View Post
    Now that the season is complete for most teams, the coaching carousel begins.

    Looks like Lincoln is making a change coaching wise.

    https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...oaching-change
    That’s an attractive job…

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

      That’s an attractive job…
      16 schollies? That explains a lot.

      Comment


      • #4
        They essential gave Coach Hoskins one playing year with him at the helm to turn around a 16-scholarship team in the MIAA. NGL, they didn't even seem as bad this year as they did in the past. Wouldn't blame anyone for saying no to Lincoln.

        Comment


        • #5
          https://bronchosports.com/news/2021/...tral-post.aspx

          I had been calling for this all season. Nick Bobeck is a good man and coach but it was time for a change. Should be interesting to see where we look next . . .
          Roll Chos!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RollChos View Post
            https://bronchosports.com/news/2021/...tral-post.aspx

            I had been calling for this all season. Nick Bobeck is a good man and coach but it was time for a change. Should be interesting to see where we look next . . .
            Should UCO be a good job???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

              16 schollies? That explains a lot.
              If that's all they give then they shouldn't be playing football in the MIAA (or any other conference for that matter).
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                https://bronchosports.com/news/2021/...tral-post.aspx

                I had been calling for this all season. Nick Bobeck is a good man and coach but it was time for a change. Should be interesting to see where we look next . . .
                i had a feeling this was coming. all that money has an ultimate price...there will be more money coming in. now they will be looking for the best available.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

                  Should UCO be a good job???
                  should it? why is that a question? not sure where you are coming from.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

                    Should UCO be a good job???
                    Yes. They are basically a sleeping giant.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Psycho View Post
                      They essential gave Coach Hoskins one playing year with him at the helm to turn around a 16-scholarship team in the MIAA. NGL, they didn't even seem as bad this year as they did in the past. Wouldn't blame anyone for saying no to Lincoln.
                      A coach would have to be incredibly full of themselves to think they could do anything with 16 schollies in a competitive conference like this one.

                      That or just incredibly keen to have that hc tag on your resume.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

                        Yes. They are basically a sleeping giant.
                        Haven’t we heard this for the past decade or longer, and here we are still losing to the likes of Emporia State and Washburn on an annual basis.
                        Roll Chos!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RollChos View Post

                          Haven’t we heard this for the past decade or longer, and here we are still losing to the likes of Emporia State and Washburn on an annual basis.
                          yes I have since ive been around here. its still very true though. we get good players from texas. we get some of the best from Oklahoma (after ou,osu and tulsa get done) were having problems with consistency and bad choices in players. ive seen 3 away games this year and all three of them were lost because of stupid football. not play calls but, execution and bad decisions as well as selfish play and show offs. more concerned with bling and making espn highlight hits instead of just making a tackle.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                            We get good players from texas. we get some of the best from Oklahoma (after ou,osu and tulsa get done) were having problems with consistency and bad choices in players. ive seen 3 away games this year and all three of them were lost because of stupid football. not play calls but, execution and bad decisions as well as selfish play and show offs. more concerned with bling and making espn highlight hits instead of just making a tackle.
                            I wouldn’t argue with selfish play, but a couple of points that I feel have hurt us in the Bobeck era.

                            1. Once OU, OSU, and Tulsa get done it is slim pickings in Ok HS football. To rub salt in the wound we’ve often lost some of the best OK recruits to Emporia and Pitt State, just ask reloadmvp and Predatory Primates.
                            2. The play calling did get stagnant at times. Also, Bobeck obviously didn’t know who needed to be starting QB, flipping between Brown and Calhoun all season. When Brown was in you knew the QB draw was coming 50-75% of the time. Spy the QB and you’ve completely stopped the offense.
                            3. Special teams has been abysmal under Bobeck. If I had a dollar for every kick return and punt return TD we’ve given up. Not to mention blocked FGs and XPs. It’s just asinine.
                            Roll Chos!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RollChos View Post

                              Haven’t we heard this for the past decade or longer, and here we are still losing to the likes of Emporia State and Washburn on an annual basis.
                              You have the facilities, schollies, and free booster money to do more than compete. Y'all just haven't figured out how yet.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X