Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to TJ and Big Al

TJ Davis and Big Al McKeller finished second and third, respectively, for the Harlan Hill Trophy. Incredible seasons by both.

I also feel this is my annual obligatory complaint about the HH process and how Xavier Omon wasn’t even a finalist in 2007 when he should have won it (insert counter point about Woodhead and Scott who were also amazing). Still, it was a travesty. Woodhead was handed the career Heisman despite already winning the award the previous year (deservedly so) and Omon having video game numbers against a very strong schedule.

Anyway, very happy for these MIAA guys.

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
    TJ Davis and Big Al McKeller finished second and third, respectively, for the Harlan Hill Trophy. Incredible seasons by both.

I also feel this is my annual obligatory complaint about the HH process and how Xavier Omon wasn’t even a finalist in 2007 when he should have won it (insert counter point about Woodhead and Scott who were also amazing). Still, it was a travesty. Woodhead was handed the career Heisman despite already winning the award the previous year (deservedly so) and Omon having video game numbers against a very strong schedule.

That was a travesty... I was looking through the record book just to regain some perspective... as good of a season as McKeller had this year, Omon had 736 more yards on the ground and 18 more rushing touchdowns in '07. Just think about that! And he wasn't even a finalist?!?... it's crazy.

Comment

I am surprised Woodhead didn't win again

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        I am surprised Woodhead didn't win again
        I heard he was close to being a finalist, but there were already 2 from the super region in Davis and McKeller, so the rules wouldn’t permit it.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

the key is you have to come to terms with what the award is and not give it undue gravitas as a result

bc the truth is it doesn’t deserve it

u/s’g the process, which btw i get why it’s the way it is, 2007 isn’t the only year, it’s just the one you keenly know about

like honestly it doesn’t even deserve a thread
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

https://bearcatsports.com/news/2022/...alouettes.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X