Mules
        MoWest
        NWMFMO
        Pitt
        Bods

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
          Oct 29

Pittsburg State 28 @ Central Oklahoma 20 (I don't see Pitt letting their guard down, they know UCO has knocked of NW and ESU)
          very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

I’m saying NWMSU and ESU.

You gonna pick the chokes?
            you are right on all 3 counts. would you pick against pitt in ANY game?

Comment

Emporia State
              Central Missouri
              Missouri Southern
              NWMS
              Pittsburg State
              Washburn

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

you are right on all 3 counts. would you pick against pitt in ANY game?
                Should have put chos not chokes.

I have. The last many years of the Tim Beck era was bad.

This staff have seemed to turn things back around. Very happy with the 2.5 years Coach Wright has had. I’m excited what I see on the defensive side with the physical play and aggressive team tackling.

I think Pitt is just going to get better.

Comment

Emporia State
                  Central Missouri
                  Missouri Western
                  Nebraska Kearney
                  Pittsburg State
                  Washburn

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

Should have put chos not chokes.

I have. The last many years of the Tim Beck era was bad.

This staff have seemed to turn things back around. Very happy with the 2.5 years Coach Wright has had. I’m excited what I see on the defensive side with the physical play and aggressive team tackling.

I think Pitt is just going to get better.
                    quick beck story that may or may not shed some light.

my kid LOOOVVED pitt prior to his game day visit during the 2014 season. he had a high school team mate that played there and probably would have committed the day he was offered by beck after the 2014 season was over IF it wasn't for the Ft Hays game that year. if you recall, you lost the game 6-7. i was on the upper deck on the jungle tron side. that hays WR did NOT catch that ball....anyway, we walked down to the end of the end zone by the players locker room and after waiting about 10 minutes. beck kicks the door open and throws a pitt helmet into the trash can and loudly and aggressively exclaims to all of the recruits and parents "sorry guys im not in the mood to talk to anyone today. thanks for coming" and turns around and walks right back into the locker room. im looking around like what?? one dads talking to another and says something like "i just drove from Denver to meet this team and coach F this place" lol

anyway, i think he did some bad things to the PITT brand. at least the two times we were face to face with him. one of which was for the official visit. his "we'll win with you or we'll win without you."
                    speech had my wife like "my kid is not playing for this dude". mom has a little more power when you're talking about moving him 3 hours from home.

i get your excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

quick beck story that may or may not shed some light.

my kid LOOOVVED pitt prior to his game day visit during the 2014 season. he had a high school team mate that played there and probably would have committed the day he was offered by beck after the 2014 season was over IF it wasn't for the Ft Hays game that year. if you recall, you lost the game 6-7. i was on the upper deck on the jungle tron side. that hays WR did NOT catch that ball....anyway, we walked down to the end of the end zone by the players locker room and after waiting about 10 minutes. beck kicks the door open and throws a pitt helmet into the trash can and loudly and aggressively exclaims to all of the recruits and parents "sorry guys im not in the mood to talk to anyone today. thanks for coming" and turns around and walks right back into the locker room. im looking around like what?? one dads talking to another and says something like "i just drove from Denver to meet this team and coach F this place" lol

anyway, i think he did some bad things to the PITT brand. at least the two times we were face to face with him. one of which was for the official visit. his "we'll win with you or we'll win without you."
                      speech had my wife like "my kid is not playing for this dude". mom has a little more power when you're talking about moving him 3 hours from home.

i get your excitement.
                      Wow! I wasn’t enamored with him like most Pitt fans were. Personally I think he should have been cut loose after the 16 season, 17 at the latest. He and his staff was hurting Pitt football.

I think UCO has a coach now that will move you up in the league. You guys are in a good situation, I believe. I liked Dorel when he was a smelly Bearcat.

Comment

Oct 29
                        Fort Hays State @ Emporia State
                        Lincoln @ Central Missouri
                        Missouri Southern @ Missouri Western
                        Northwest Missouri @ Nebraska Kearney
                        Pittsburg State @ Central Oklahoma
                        Washburn @ Northeastern State

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I wouldn't call Lion Mane a cowardly Lion fan. He had the courage to come with a strong prediction right or wrong. Pitt did beat us by 30 or so. It depends on how the teams play that day. I don't think it will be 30 because I don't think Pitt will be as motivated to stomp UCO as they were to do to one of their rivals.

You're right. We don't have much experience in winning football games. But we have beat UCO two years in a row. We have only done that to one other team the last two years. Sad, but true.
                          Ya see, I don't think many Pitt fans or players consider MSSU a rival in football. Proximal foe with many players that used to be teammates or regular opponents. But you don't see Pitt selling "beat MOSO" shirts or "f*ck Pitt" shirts. NWMSU on the other hand...

Comment

Emporia State
                            Central Missouri
                            Missouri Western
                            Nebraska Kearney
                            Pittsburg State
                            Washburn

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Ya see, I don't think many Pitt fans or players consider MSSU a rival in football. Proximal foe with many players that used to be teammates or regular opponents. But you don't see Pitt selling "beat MOSO" shirts or "f*ck Pitt" shirts. NWMSU on the other hand...
                              I haven't seen any of the latter t-shirts. The most common is "Pittsburg is not a state". In fact, I have one of those. They were a free giveaway at a basketball game.

Comment

They may have thinned out, but that was the last time I went to a game at MOSO, a la 2014, decided to never go back. Not sure if they were home made shirts or not, but there were several groups that had them, in the bare crowd.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X