X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try II
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
    Everything outside of D1 FBS and D1 MBB March Madness is just static to the NCAA.
    NCAA doesn't make anything from FBS so it's all about protecting the men's tourney and the other money makers (CWS)

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
    Everything outside of D1 FBS and D1 MBB March Madness is just static to the NCAA.
    I would argue that they probably pay closer attention to money losers than money makers.

Leave a comment:

• GoCatsGo5
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The teams are either seeded 1,2,3, or 4 or considered unseeded.
    Only the NCAA can lack the intelligence to place a 2 seed v. a 5 and a 4 seed v. a 7 in the name of immaterial travel expenses over competitive integrity.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I wonder how they come up at .500 since you can't play yourself, leaving an odd number of teams?
    Add up the total wins of your opponents. Add up the total losses of your opponents. Now subtract your win total from the opponents total losses. Subtract your loss total from the opponents total wins. The wins and losses after the math will equal .500.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 11-06-2022, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Divisiontwo
    replied
    Originally posted by BartonHornet View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Well it looks like they have ESU at #9 and NWMSU at #10. Harding is the #8.

I just don’t see the winner of the ESU/NWMSU not getting the #7 spot if Ouachita wins out. SOS has to be over Harding. Truman/Indy are #6/#7 but one has to lose still.
    I have no clue what will happen. Nobody does. But you seem to be struggling with the idea that all 3 of those teams will have the exact same SOS when it's all over. Your bias seems to be showing.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Oh, yes, they exclude the specimen's results against the teams to calculate SOS.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    You said it yourself in another thread, for every game, there are two data generated, a win and a loss. An odd number times two is an even number.
    They must throw out all the wins for your team, and just figure it based on opponent's record vs. each other.

Otherwise, it would be less than 500.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    If Harding wins out they will be in before NW or ESU. Those two teams better hope they lose a game.

Don’t see a 2 loss team jumping another one with the same SOS. Plus the committee having them where they are and the other 2 where they are let’s you know what they are thinking.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

No. The most important thing after the ranking formula is who sits on the committee.
    Good point-who’s on the SR3 committee this year with teams in the running for a spot?

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Right now the AFCA & D2FB polls both have NW ranked ahead of 5 of the teams the NCAA ranked ahead of them in the Region. IF NW finishes 9-2 and still ranked Nationally above other 9-2 teams in SR3 would that subconsciously influence the NCAA committee?
    No. The most important thing after the ranking formula is who sits on the committee.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Right now the AFCA & D2FB polls both have NW ranked ahead of 5 of the teams the NCAA ranked ahead of them in the Region. IF NW finishes 9-2 and still ranked Nationally above other 9-2 teams in SR3 would that subconsciously influence the NCAA committee?

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I wonder how they come up at .500 since you can't play yourself, leaving an odd number of teams?
    You said it yourself in another thread, for every game, there are two data generated, a win and a loss. An odd number times two is an even number.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    No, but it will be right at .500 in the end. What seems to change more, which is why Pitt is #2 over OBU, imo, is our wins over .500 teams.

I guess Ouachita is pretty low on their SOS currently. But everyone knows it will be .500 in the end.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X