X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I'm torn on the subject. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded for the silo crap, but I'm not sure the glvc teama would make the pyoffs if they were in any of the other 3 conferences.
    No argument from me on that. I suspect that's the issue the committee may be struggling with. Monday will shine some light on it.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm wondering even if Truman loses, they still get in? Even Indy can make it with another loss. Both have pretty high SOS's.. Much higher than .500. I don't see a case as to how more than one MIAA gets in.
    I'm torn on the subject. The MIAA shouldn't be rewarded for the silo crap, but I'm not sure the glvc teams would make the playoffs if they were in any of the other 3 conferences.
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 11-05-2022, 09:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    A ND to be real honest, I'm dont think NWMsU is as well rounded as Emporia is.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    I don't know if Truman gets in with loss but Indy has real strong SOS because it all those gliac games they played. If obu wins I think it's the miaa runner up vs glvc runner up.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    After today it really feels like:
    - Grand Valley, Pitt State and Ferris State have top 4 spots guaranteed.
    - Ouachita will be the other top 4 seed if they win next week (and still might be anyway)
    - Davenport is in. Losing back to back to Ferris and GV, at worst case, won’t keep them out.
    - Truman or Indianapolis is in. Play-in game next week.
    - Final spot probably to the Emporia / Northwest winner. Henderson could make a case with a win against OBU. Would be the best win among them + Harding crew.
    I'm wondering even if Truman loses, they still get in? Even Indy can make it with another loss. Both have pretty high SOS's.. Much higher than .500. I don't see a case as to how more than one MIAA gets in.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied
    After today it really feels like:
    - Grand Valley, Pitt State and Ferris State have top 4 spots guaranteed.
    - Ouachita will be the other top 4 seed if they win next week (and still might be anyway)
    - Davenport is in. Losing back to back to Ferris and GV, at worst case, won’t keep them out.
    - Truman or Indianapolis is in. Play-in game next week.
    - Final spot probably to the Emporia / Northwest winner. Henderson could make a case with a win against OBU. Would be the best win among them + Harding crew.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I would say History favors NW moreso than the committee.
    None the less.

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post

Don’t read into things that aren’t there. I didn’t even mention MOSo, nor was it implied/inferred. Anywho…

1. I seriously doubt HCRW or any of the other staff or players are looking past anyone, let alone YOUR Lions at this point. As I stated a couple weeks ago, NW has to win out to even have a chance to slide into a 7-seed.
    2. I was referring to Emporia chances of getting in, not NW’s.
    3. We lose to a rebuilding UCO team and perennial bottom quadrant MoSo team the same season and maybe those debates are warranted.
    Don’t worry. We lost to that trash team too.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

A committee that favors NW. for sure
    I would say History favors NW moreso than the committee.

Leave a comment:

• GoCatsGo5
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I'm sure NW is overlooking my Lions and looking ahead to what may really be a playoff game vs. ESU. If we pull off the surprise like UCO did, this part of the debate would be over and it would be back to Fire RW.
    Don’t read into things that aren’t there. I didn’t even mention MOSo, nor was it implied/inferred. Anywho…

1. I seriously doubt HCRW or any of the other staff or players are looking past anyone, let alone YOUR Lions at this point. As I stated a couple weeks ago, NW has to win out to even have a chance to slide into a 7-seed.
    2. I was referring to Emporia chances of getting in, not NW’s.
    3. We lose to a rebuilding UCO team and perennial bottom quadrant MoSo team the same season and maybe those debates are warranted.
    Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 11-04-2022, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
    Beat NW and that favoritism should help you get in.
    Lose and it won’t matter.
    That simple!
    I'm sure NW is overlooking my Lions and looking ahead to what may really be a playoff game vs. ESU. If we pull off the surprise like UCO did, this part of the debate would be over and it would be back to Fire RW.

Leave a comment:

• GoCatsGo5
    replied
    Beat NW and that favoritism should help you get in.
    Lose and it won’t matter.
    That simple!

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    It really doesn't even matter if it is. That's the reason there is a committee and not just a formula.
    A committee that favors NW. for sure

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

IF it comes down to HU vs NWMSU for the last spot would NWMSU’s PO success vs HU be a subconscious factor?
    As I outlined above, it's possible the ESU/NW winner will have a better record against .500 or better teams than Harding. That could be the data point they use to justify NW/ESU over Harding.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    It really doesn't even matter if it is. That's the reason there is a committee and not just a formula.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X