Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Maybe the best outcome for NW this year is 9-2, missing the playoff and using that as an incentive to get better vs sneaking in, losing and finishing 9-3
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-08-2022, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    7-3 in ‘05 and nearly won it all. Still it was 10 games vs 10 different D2 teams vs DU’s likely D2 record of 7-2 while only beating 6 different teams.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    DU only plays 8 D2 teams(played NMU twice) and they’ll likely end the season on a 2 game losing streak while only beating 6 different D2 teams. Yet they’ll likely make the playoffs ahead of some 9-2 teams.
    I remember NW getting in over or being bumped higher than others with only 10 games more than once. 8 is worse than 10, but NW is the precedent.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    DU only plays 8 D2 teams(played NMU twice) and they’ll likely end the season on a 2 game losing streak while only beating 6 different D2 teams. Yet they’ll likely make the playoffs ahead of some 9-2 teams.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Does 9-2 convey any advantage over 8-2 or 7-2 in the criteria? What about late losses vs early losses?
    9-2 is .818, 8-2 is .800, and 7-2 is .778. There is an advantage, but it can be offset by SOS. Late vs. early is not part of the criteria.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Does 9-2 convey any advantage over 8-2 or 7-2 in the criteria? What about late losses vs early losses?

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    I still think the 7 seat goes to esu/ NW.winner or Indy/ Truman loser. But Harding may sneak instead since they popped up to 8. I don't see Davenport dropping out with who they are playing

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

NW is in a spot where one of 6 and 7 will definitely lose and 8 will probably lose. They play 9. Is it Harding or Henderson who still needs to play OBU? I get the 2 confused.
    5 will likely lose as well.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Harding has Ark Tech, I think. OBU has Henderson. Didn’t Washburn jump up last year, as the 7 seed after beating us?
    IDK. When they beat Pitt, I started living in a van down by the river.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Try II View Post

Harding hosts Ark Tech (5-5) so 8 should win. Hendo (8-2) hosts rival OBU. They pull the upset & might just zoom to 7.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied

NW is in a spot where one of 6 and 7 will definitely lose and 8 will probably lose. They play 9. Is it Harding or Henderson who still needs to play OBU? I get the 2 confused.
    Harding hosts Ark Tech (5-5) so 8 should win. Hendo (8-2) hosts rival OBU. They pull the upset & might just zoom to 7.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Harding has Ark Tech, I think. OBU has Henderson. Didn’t Washburn jump up last year, as the 7 seed after beating us?

Leave a comment:

• codeblack
    replied

Henderson plays OBU this week. Harding is hosting Arkansas Tech.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Current v. .500 records:
    NW 2-2 with a game left against ESU
    ESU 2-2 with a game left against NW
    Harding 2-2, no more above .500 games left
    Henderson 2-1, game left against OBU and a loss to an under .500 team

So yes, the record against .500 will be different (give or take how a couple of close to .500 teams end their seasons which could move them above or below that line).

However, the point still exists that how the rankings are today are based on today's data. The poster I responded to said "Don’t see a 2 loss team jumping another one with the same SOS. Plus the committee having them where they are and the other 2 where they are let’s you know what they are thinking."
    That's only relevant for the data for today. It could be different by the end of the season. Based on what I shared above, seems NW/ESU would have data to support a jump above Harding but who knows what happens if Henderson beats OBU.
    As a fan of a team that has spent the biggest part of the last decade in the 8,9,10 spot I said what I said. The Committee had the teams where they were last week letting everyone know who had a chance and who didn’t. I have yet to see a team go from 10 to 7 without all teams in front of them losing.

ESU and NW has slim to none chances of getting in, win not with standing.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X