Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallst
    replied
    I think the 7 seed comes down to Davenport and the winner of ESU/NW. Davenport will probably lose the next 2 but has a nice OOC win and no bad losses. If Truman beats Indy I'm not sure how the MIAA gets a second team in over a 2 loss Davenport who has a W over the winning and what will be the #5 team in the RR.

For the MIAA to get the second team in, Davenport loses both, Indy beats Truman winner of ESU/NW gets the 7 seed or at least a good argument for it. If Davenport wins one or Truman beats Indy the road for the MIAA gets very cloudy.

Leave a comment:

• Pistols_33
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    IF NW sneaks in at #7 I’d much rather get moved out of Region than play #2 PSU in the Jungle again!
    They won't do that in week 1...remember seeds 5-7 aren't "seeded" but rather matched up to avoid conference games in week 1, and avoid flights in week 2.

I would bet ALOT of my assets that Grand Valley is #1 and Ferris is #4 if both win out. And if Indy makes it in they are #5. That GUARANTEES a drive for Indy to Ferris State Round 1, and then either a drive to Grand Valley for the winner of that game. Saw it last year, and i bet it happens again.

So it matters not who "sneaks" in at #7...cause its not #7...youre in a "drawing" with all the other "#5-#7" seeds in the whole tournament and then the national committee plays geography tetrix with google maps...

Can see a NW going to Augie or Mankato or Sioux Falls and then a Wayne State to Pittsburg, KS...or Harding traveling to Delta State and a West Florida to Ouachita, etc.

But then SOMEONE is going to have to fly to Angleo...so that makes it all crazy anyways...but you get the point...

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Same here. I want them to move Pitt to SR1
    Convince them you're in western Pennsylvania...

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    IF NW sneaks in at #7 I’d much rather get moved out of Region than play #2 PSU in the Jungle again!
    Same here. I want them to move Pitt to SR1

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    Harding is the ? for me. I figured they would have a weaker SOS than ESU and NWMSU? So how does that change things for the MIAA? Does it help it with the ESU/NWMSU match-up being #9/#10 now?

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    I'm struggling to understand what they did with the 7-2 teams.

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    So ESU really didn’t change between Inkblot and the official rankings (#9) but NWMSU came out better with them being #10 in the official and was #11 in Inkblot predictions. Main difference was Harding being the #8 instead of Henderson State.

PSU is #2 in the region.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Henderson likely loses to Ouchita Baptist, but yes. If Pitt takes care of business and Ouchita takes care of business, I think, provided ESU or NWMSU win out, they get the 7 seed.
    It’s a decision made by the football committee. What the regional advisory committees and the national committee have been told is that nothing will change in regards to selections. Seven teams are still going to be selected from each of the four Super Regions and that process will not change. It’s only once the national committee starts to bracket: seeds 1-4 will stay in what we’ll call their home region. Seeds 5, 6 and 7 are basically at large teams and not seeded and can be placed anywhere on the bracket that can reduce the number of flights.

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Well it looks like they have ESU at #9 and NWMSU at #10. Harding is the #8.

I just don’t see the winner of the ESU/NWMSU not getting the #7 spot if Ouachita wins out. SOS has to be over Harding. Truman/Indy are #6/#7 but one has to lose still.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Henderson likely loses to Ouchita Baptist, but yes. If Pitt takes care of business and Ouchita takes care of business, I think, provided ESU or NWMSU win out, they get the 7 seed.

Leave a comment:

• BartonHornet
    replied
    So at this moment ESU is likely #8 and NWMSU is likely #11 in the region rankings? ESU needs to move up just one spot but that takes likely Henderson State and Indy or Truman State loss to get that #7 spot correct?

Of course that all depends on beating NWMSU as well. So does this apply for NWMSU also if they beat ESU? Do they get the #7 spot and jump a Harding in the process?

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    So NW is 11th in the nation but not in the top 10 in SR3…talk about a stacked Region.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    I was at that game-if memory serves me NW blocked a FG on last play and won 20-19

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    ‘03 was the famous 5 way tie for 1st year. Under the current format NW may have made the PO’s at 8-3

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X