Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF NW, Pitt & Ferris win, to save money on flights the NCAA should have NW @ Pitt & Ferris @ Grand Valley. It would also guarantee no rematch between NW & Pitt in the final 😎

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      IF NW, Pitt & Ferris win, to save money on flights the NCAA should have NW @ Pitt & Ferris @ Grand Valley. It would also guarantee no rematch between NW & Pitt in the final 😎
      Where do I sign? Shut up and take my money!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

So he 'loped on down to Arkansas?
        Same class as TJ. Had no shot at seeing the field

Comment

not taking a shot at NW by any means but i kind of wish Pitt was playing this game. i just feel like this is a better match up for the MIAA. ive seen Obu play a couple of times personally in the last couple of years. They just keep coming with the run plays. seemed like one of the games we watched it was 6 run plays to 1 pass and they were eating chunks of field up.

Comment

NW better not **** the bed in this one. Otherwise, all of my assertions that the GAC is always inferior to the MIAA will be in doubt. I can't handle hearing that mess from the ECU folks.

Other thoughts, NW only got in on "social clout" and "brand bias." The MIAA probably didn't deserve a 2 loss playoff team this year. It is the same reason a 2 loss Alabama team could (albeit unlikely) still make the CFP.
            Roll Chos!

Comment

The Gac has put out some legit PO teams in the past. I think they'll put out a NC team eventually if they kill the silo crap. Right now, I think they're regressing like the MIAA appears to be.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't put Ferris/Davenport at the 4-5 to guarantee no flights in the second round...that's supposed to be a key consideration in the bracketing. They did it last year putting GVSU at the 4...

...but now if seeds hold, they will have two flights to the same location next weekend. Doesn't make sense to me...but the same social clout and brand bias that got NW in probably kept FS and GV on opposite sides of the regional bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't put Ferris/Davenport at the 4-5 to guarantee no flights in the second round...that's supposed to be a key consideration in the bracketing. They did it last year putting GVSU at the 4...

...but now if seeds hold, they will have two flights to the same location next weekend. Doesn't make sense to me...but the same social clout and brand bias that got NW in probably kept FS and GV on opposite sides of the regional bracket.
                  There's a difference with hosting or going on the road. And yes there indeed could be a bias with the rank. But for seeds 1-4, criteria are supposed to be used. As for 5-7... they can be any team from any region that isn't ranked 1-4. Point is, for seeds 1-4, travel and conf. matchups SHOULDN'T come into play. It does come into play for 4-7.

Comment

OBU always looks good on paper and even film. Thought the same in 2019 (11-0) and they lost to Lindenwood in the PO's though too. So who knows how this will turn out. Definately not NW's best team and maybe OBU is as good as they look.

Comment

OBU D-Line (ESP.) DT’s are very good. Harding and Henderson has SOME success off tackle/outside running it which has not been the strongest part of the NW run game to date. We will have to use the qb run game and not be afraid to throw the ball down the field some to have some success offensively.
                      Defensively, I think OBU will have times that they move the ball effectively (even against our outstanding run d.) The key will be to make them earn every inch like Harding did, (they should have beaten OBU), and like Henderson did for 3 1/2 qts.
                      The really scary part is that OBU was very good in the 2 minute drill (throwing it) at the end of both halves vs Henderson. The OBU skill players are legit!!
                      The biggest key!!!!! We must play to WIN!! The game needs to start like our hair is on fire and or we are facing a 10-14 pt deficit! We REALLY need to swing until we can’t swing anymore on BOTH sides of the ball!
                      I am so grateful to get to go watch playoff football! #OABAAB. We got your back!! Go CATS!

Comment

Cats head to the warm confines of AR today

Comment

NW should utilize those off tackle runs and pop passes like they did on a few drives vs ESU. They had great success with those and both Harris and Moya looked legit when getting to the second level.

If NW can score early and get up by 2 scores then OBU will have to throw. Yes they have nice skill players, but they haven't faced a front 7 who live and breath to hit qb's hard on a Saturday afternoon. NW by 13

Comment

“…a front 7 who live and breath to hit qb's hard on a Saturday afternoon…”

good description of NW Dline/LB’s

Comment

Hope Sturdy has some good plays they’re saving for the playoffs like Mel and AD. It was common to see plays in the postseason they hadn’t used all year. Maybe they’ll dust off the Jet Sweep and shovel pass ha ha.
                              I would like to see them send Jay wide more

Comment

Hope Sturdy has some good plays they’re saving for the playoffs like Mel and AD. It was common to see plays in the postseason they hadn’t used all year. Maybe they’ll dust off the Jet Sweep and shovel pass ha ha.
                                I would like to see them send Jay wide more
                                They ran tricks all year. Will be fun to see of they have any left.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X