• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

yep. that's him!

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    so, it's official. Chase Faber's paperwork is signed. he is in the portal. probably going to be a D1 pickup.

named a starter game 2 and finished the season as the number 3 tackler on the team and MIAA selection as a true freshman. this one sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Looked into that...costs started at $100k...don't have that lying around...do you? ;)
    Let me go look in my D2 Scrooge McDuck vault and see what I can find.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

b’s right the ncaa has no appetite for fighting it as well
    I have less an appetite to fund the case! :)

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    so, it's official. Chase Faber's paperwork is signed. he is in the portal. probably going to be a D1 pickup.

named a starter game 2 and finished the season as the number 3 tackler on the team and MIAA selection as a true freshman. this one sucks.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied

Looked into that...costs started at $100k...don't have that lying around...do you? ;)
    b’s right the ncaa has no appetite for fighting it as well

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I believe you. If a suit was brought, it would not hold up in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

100% incorrect Brandon. Scholarship athletes in the MIAA are required to sit a year when transferring in conference unless they are a Graduate transfer or can get a waiver from the conference...not from the previous school. If the previous school isn't contesting it, the waiver can be easier to get. Trust me...I have intimate knowledge of this process.

D2 has allowed conferences to determine their intra conference transfers and it is my understanding there are 3 or 4 conferences in D2 still doing this and the MIAA is one of them.
    I believe you. If a suit was brought, it would not hold up in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    It all changed with the transfer portal
    100% incorrect Brandon. Scholarship athletes in the MIAA are required to sit a year when transferring in conference unless they are a Graduate transfer or can get a waiver from the conference...not from the previous school. If the previous school isn't contesting it, the waiver can be easier to get. Trust me...I have intimate knowledge of this process.

D2 has allowed conferences to determine their intra conference transfers and it is my understanding there are 3 or 4 conferences in D2 still doing this and the MIAA is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    didn't realize that. i thought it had something to do with those in the portal that have coaches that left the program.

the more i read about the portal issues, the worse it seems to get for everyone involved except those with the money to weather the storm. a middle of the road team gets a couple of good players that could make changes to their wins columns and possibly help change the culture, one bad day could change attitudes and they jump into an argument with a coach that causes them to want the portal transfer. it could snowball out of control by that one conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    I guess Nichols transferred 2021.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Maybe the two we got from NSU this year were graduate transfers.. But they both played.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

When did they relax that rule. I thought if you transferred from one MIAA team to another you had to sit a year.
    yeh i thought that was the case too. 2 exceptions....graduate transfers are eligible right away and in the Big XII you have to sit out 2 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    No.
    When did they relax that rule. I thought if you transferred from one MIAA team to another you had to sit a year.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X