Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tough is SR3?

Ferris State up 27-0 at halftime in the National Championship game. Was SR3 final four really the four best teams in the country?

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Ferris State up 27-0 at halftime in the National Championship game. Was SR3 final four really the four best teams in the country?
    Yes

Comment

Absolutely.. No doubt in my mind

Comment

Can’t believe Mines looked so inept today. After watching them play a very athletic Angelo State team and playing GVS so close early in the season I really thought their offense would have had more success against FSU. Either FSU got significant better as the year went on or Mines played sub-par competition in the RMAC and Region 4. Region 3 was definitely a cut above the rest. FSU, GVSU, Pitt and NWMSU were probably the best four in D2 this year. I would have loved to see Pitt and NWMSU play West Floria and Delta State.

Comment

Purty darn tough as we say locally.
          Though the GLIAC holds braggin’ rights for now,
          Could this translate to a little more love for the MIAA next year?
          Maybe. But that is a slightly different discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
            appears so.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

After watching many/(too many), games this post season, I have come to this belief:
              1. The top 4 of SR 3 are the best, that is obvious at the line of scrimmage!
              2. I do think W. Florida and Mines were pretty close to the same level....(Maybe Delta St.)
              3. The transfer portal potentially changes things at this level too. It is hard to tell what will shake out each year.
              4. (And most importantly!!!!!!) I do believe you saw a true case of talent + program/coaching + tradition = more improvement throughout the year for the teams in SR 3 and a handful of others.
              I really love D2 Football!!!!!

Comment

I don't think it you watched the game on TV you got a full sense of what that game was like. Mines D vs Ferris O was a good match up fairly even. Ferris has a unique run game and a big line but mines held their own till they got worn down because there was no break The Ferris D is on another level. You have three db who are big and fast and can play tight man coverage. Then throw in those huge and I mean big DL, the QB for mines was one read and done . And there was no escape. The Ferris D was responsible for ten points directly. And the sheer number of three and outs. We should focus on how good Ferris was instead of Mines failings. Shout out to Mines crowd they were great. Never gave up on their team

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                  I don't think it you watched the game on TV you got a full sense of what that game was like. Mines D vs Ferris O was a good match up fairly even. Ferris has a unique run game and a big line but mines held their own till they got worn down because there was no break The Ferris D is on another level. You have three db who are big and fast and can play tight man coverage. Then throw in those huge and I mean big DL, the QB for mines was one read and done . And there was no escape. The Ferris D was responsible for ten points directly. And the sheer number of three and outs. We should focus on how good Ferris was instead of Mines failings. Shout out to Mines crowd they were great. Never gave up on their team
                  so could we say MIAA is better than everyone on this board has been saying all year? from what i saw, there are at least three teams out of the MIAA that could have won the other SRs.

Comment

^^i don’t think there’s any doubt.

i’ve rethought it personally idk how you couldn’t unless you just want to dig yer heels in
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                      Shout out to Mines crowd they were great. Never gave up on their team
                      I agree with this whole heartedly. Mines has some very strong dedicated fans who are beyond passionate about their team. I remember when they came to play Pitt in Pitt they traveled really well. That was their first ever trip to the Playoffs if memory serves me right. Small but very loud crowd from them that day.

Comment

Without a doubt the best teams this year were from SR3. Let's be honest, Whether the MIAA is in SR3 or SR4 we have traditionally been in the best overall SR each year. The MIAA, GLIAC, GSC and the last several years NSIC are pretty much the juggernauts of D2. Outside of those 4 conferences you're mostly playing for bragging rights.

Comment

Jimbo I think Mines would have finished in top three in Miaa. They are good. Ferris D was extremely talented. Unless you had a real good outside run game they were not getting scored on. But the problem is that miaa didn't get out of div 3. In fact didn't make regional final just like las few years.

Comment

The final 4 in SR3 represent 1/2 of the top 8 in the US in the final poll

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              The final 4 in SR3 represent 1/2 of the top 8 in the US in the final poll
                              Don’t think this necessarily surprised anyone around here.

Ferris and GV both legit.

I think Pitt is very close to being extremely good if not dominant year in and year out.

As for NW I think that team improved leaps and bounds throughout the season. I might catch some crap for this but I do believe that the improvement for NW from game 1 to game 13 may have been the most significant in the conference this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X