Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of those 43 signed today

4 olineman 2 transfers (why would the starting tackle for SWOSU want to.... anyway) 2 high school. perfect mix
    4 dline 1 JUCO 3 high school.
    3 LB all three high school but all 3 mentioned as all state players roller is the number 1 LB in the state this year. 2 years in a row we've landed that position.

5 QBs. trying to find the "franchise" qb after steph leaves? herl and davenport will have 2 years left i think and the other three are high school seniors.

4 RBs no massive guys here but their bios show them to be very fast. we know fast and being a good RB don't always even out.

3TEs. 1 transfer from Boise, 2 high school.

10 DBs with a couple of juco all-Americans.
    9 WRs most of them 6'2" or bigger 5 of them JC transfers

there are currently 15 DBs on the roster (that is showing online) a couple of them quit. a couple of seniors etc. there were 21 at the end of the year. i think we know why the DBs were brought in. it was the weakest part of our defense. no beating around the bush, no sugar coating it. if there are still 15, we now have 25 DBs lol.
    there are also 16 WRs on the roster. we know there were only a couple of kids steph would consistently throw to. for good reason. they didn't do a real good job of catching, running good solid crisp routes or even half assed jobs of blocking. i am going to love to see this fight here. with the 9 we added, that also puts us at 26 WRs.

there could be several of the guys see the writing on the wall and know they'll​​ never see the field and jet. we need that. occupying space on a roster to pick up girls is for high school and it's time to give up the ghost.

i love this second class they've put together.
    there will be some lockers cleared out after the spring game....you've heard the saying forever, your BACK UP or REPLACEMENT is on the way.

Comment

Pitt has approximately 3500 TEs on the roster. Maybe they could do some trading with UCO for some DBs. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Pitt has approximately 3500 TEs on the roster. Maybe they could do some trading with UCO for some DBs. ;)
        haha. got a couple of punters/placekickers too

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

haha i didnt see it yet....dammm 43? im adding them as im seeing them on social media. seems like we picked up 20 Dbacks
          Thank God. Secondary was a huge Achilles heel for that defense last year. Surely 1 or 2 of those 20 will be worth a darn.
          Roll Chos!

Comment

AD is bringing in his own guys and changing the culture in his image. That became apparent last summer when he gutted the roster. UCO still had a winning season.

I am not proclaiming grandiose things. I am expecting UCO to make a big step forward this year.
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Thank God. Secondary was a huge Achilles heel for that defense last year. Surely 1 or 2 of those 20 will be worth a darn.
              1 of the secondary guys in particular I'm really interested in. shows to be 6'1" 180 or so, played 2 years for UTEP, transferred back home to east LA and led that team in pass breakups as well as 3 INTs and 64 total tackles. gonna be a junior this year. should have some good leadership for that young secondary.

the other JC transfer is first team all-conference kick returner but also honorable mention DB. so He's not just someone they picked up to fill a quota.

I watched the Del City kid last year at a team camp. that kid is aggressive and plays with a chip. if he can learn the system, he'll be a player.

Comment

Kamon Bradford 6'5" 390 OL Navarro

Is that a typo?

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                  I am not proclaiming grandiose things. I am expecting UCO to make a big step forward this year.
                  I would currently set the over/under at 7.5 wins. Time will tell if it makes sense to take the over.
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

1 of the secondary guys in particular I'm really interested in. shows to be 6'1" 180 or so, played 2 years for UTEP, transferred back home to east LA and led that team in pass breakups as well as 3 INTs and 64 total tackles. gonna be a junior this year. should have some good leadership for that young secondary.

the other JC transfer is first team all-conference kick returner but also honorable mention DB. so He's not just someone they picked up to fill a quota.

I watched the Del City kid last year at a team camp. that kid is aggressive and plays with a chip. if he can learn the system, he'll be a player.
                    I like the idea of bringing in a ton of competition and letting it be a war of attrition in the Spring. Hopefully, whoever is left will deserve to be an MIAA DB.
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      Kamon Bradford 6'5" 390 OL Navarro

Is that a typo?
                      it is NOT a typo and I've heard that 390 maybe a little light. Hes a drive blocking machine and surprisingly nimble but, Hes been on campus since December and has been given till the end of spring camp to be down to a more manageable weight. not sure what that is but, knowing AD, probably closer to 330 than 360

Comment

it is NOT a typo and I've heard that 390 maybe a little light. Hes a drive blocking machine and surprisingly nimble but, Hes been on campus since December and has been given till the end of spring camp to be down to a more manageable weight. not sure what that is but, knowing AD, probably closer to 330 than 360
                        Ask AD about Mo Dampeer.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                          AD is bringing in his own guys and changing the culture in his image. That became apparent last summer when he gutted the roster. UCO still had a winning season.

if nothing else, hes brought attitude and the knowledge that mediocrity is no longer tolerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Ask AD about Mo Dampeer.
                            yeh. well aware of dampeer. stoops was furious with him. probably the most dominant lineman in the big XII that year. he refused to do what he was asked. one day he was dancing on the bleachers the next He's packing up bags.

Comment

Any word if uco recruited another waterfall again this year?

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
                                Any word if uco recruited another waterfall again this year?
                                no. we didnt find another one this signing day.

any word from you guys if you were able to hire a team identity yet? you have an offense that was pretty much built around the RPO/veer game and an OC and couple of other coaches that are traditional power I guys lol. good luck with that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X