Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

our plan worked!
    Ha! I do wonder how much the Pitt AD and former MO West AD would truly want to help a competitor/former competitor make a solid hire.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Ha! I do wonder how much the Pitt AD and former MO West AD would truly want to help a competitor/former competitor make a solid hire.
      Exactly!.

Comment

Ties to NU would make me run away, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Ties to NU would make me run away, tbh.
          There were a fair share of fans who didn't want a UNL castoff.

Comment

Seven Lopers Named to All-Conference Squad - https://lopers.com/news/2023/11/14/f...nce-squad.aspx

No first teamers. Tell Spies was the only second teamer. Hunter Hays and Armani Webster made the third team.

Comment

Seven Lopers Named to All-Conference Squad - https://lopers.com/news/2023/11/14/f...nce-squad.aspx

No first teamers. Tell Spies was the only second teamer. Hunter Hays and Armani Webster made the third team.
              I thought Spies was the bright spot of the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I thought Spies was the bright spot of the whole team.
                Yeah, especially considering he moved inside this year. Adjusted well and thrived.

Comment

AUDIO - Held Recaps First Season in Kearney - https://post.futurimedia.com/kgfwam/...sten-8678.html

Comment

Loper Quarterback Enters Portal - https://kgfw.com/2023/11/20/57821/

Sean Johnson Jr. is on the way out. This may have been a surprise to some Loper fans considering he was the backup and partial starter this year. But I'm not too surprised. He's a similar athlete to TJ Davis, so I don't think he's a great fit for the Held offense.

Other transfers announced so far include Jerome Houston, Delonte Dickey, Tywan Muturi, Demareus Hosey and Tim Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                      I’m excited to keep up with y’all this season!

As I said before, he was brought in to Florence to right the ship on offense and he did just that. UNA’s defense had been the high point in the roller coaster ride that is transitioning from D2 to D1. But, the offense struggled the first three seasons. He totally changed that. Sadly, we had a down year on defense and it was the end of the road for the head coach who had been a long-term UNA Asst.

His offense last season had the ASUN Offensive Player of the Year (a running back) and the conference Freshman of the Year (the QB transfer he brought from Nebraska). I feel pretty certain he will do his best to keep the excitement going at UNK.
                      UNALions curious if you kept an eye on the Lopers this year at all. And if so, what did you think? It obviously didn't go so well this first year and Held didn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in fans.

Comment

UNALions curious if you kept an eye on the Lopers this year at all. And if so, what did you think? It obviously didn't go so well this first year and Held didn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in fans.
                        I’m sorry for the delay. Saw this the other day and definitely wanted to respond. I’m disappointed just like many Lopers fans but I do think it can take a season or two for a new coach to put their full scheme into place. It will be interesting to see how recruitment goes in the offseason. The QB he brought to UNA from Nebraska was still our starter this season, beating out a QB our current coach brought with him from FAU. So, I’m hoping Held can have a good offseason and get the confidence of the fans back before and during next season.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I’m sorry for the delay. Saw this the other day and definitely wanted to respond. I’m disappointed just like many Lopers fans but I do think it can take a season or two for a new coach to put their full scheme into place. It will be interesting to see how recruitment goes in the offseason. The QB he brought to UNA from Nebraska was still our starter this season, beating out a QB our current coach brought with him from FAU. So, I’m hoping Held can have a good offseason and get the confidence of the fans back before and during next season.
                          I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I don't doubt Held's ability to recruit. I remember him having a reputation as a great recruiter when he was at Nebraska. I think the bigger question is if he can maximize the players he brings in.

His longest head coaching stop is 4 years so there's no history to point to that shows how he can build and sustain a winning program. He's always jumped at the next opportunity as soon as he experienced any kind of success at his current job. But in his defense, he's never been a head coach at anything close to a "destination" job... although I'm sure he would have liked the chance to keep the job at UNA.

Comment

Former UNK football assistant leaving for head coaching job at Lincoln University - https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2024/01/1...ln-university/

Good luck to Coach Harper. He's brave to take on that job, but at least he won't be going up against MIAA competition.

Comment

UNK added 2023 graduate former Kearney High quarterback Treyven Beckman as a midyear transfer. He was a student at UNL and missed playing football this past fall. He is 6’1” and 190 lbs. and threw for 25 touchdowns with 5 picks his senior season . He broke six school passing records.

Comment

I was talking to a loper alum at a visit recently, he was before my time even and had the pleasure of updating him on how the lopers tenure has been in the MIAA hahaha. You can imagine the kick I got out of that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X