Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Stadiums Featured on YouTube

There's an Australian fellow who runs a YouTube channel called "The Wide World of Stadiums" - covering a wide variety of sports from around the world - who just dropped a video featuring the football stadiums of the MIAA:

https://youtu.be/T9cUkP4DzWI

He has previously done videos highlighting the Gulf South and NSIC football stadiums (those links are in their respective sub-forums).
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Shocked he picked Richison over Carnie Smith. My thoughts were mostly how god awful some of these venues around the league are. Lincoln looks like a prison in those shots.
    Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
      Shocked he picked Richison over Carnie Smith. My thoughts were mostly how god awful some of these venues around the league are. Lincoln looks like a prison in those shots.
      I was impressed with the way Richison Stadium looks now post-renovations. I can see why he chose that as his favorite, though Spratt Stadium at MoWest would've been my choice. Carney Smith looks amazing, but I think he deducted a couple points (so to speak) because of the running track. Same with Northwest, in my opinion.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I was impressed with the way Richison Stadium looks now post-renovations. I can see why he chose that as his favorite, though Spratt Stadium at MoWest would've been my choice. Carney Smith looks amazing, but I think he deducted a couple points (so to speak) because of the running track. Same with Northwest, in my opinion.
        Yeah, a running track feels very HS to me. Not a fan. I do like Carnie Smith’s vintage look though.
        Roll Chos!

Comment

I have watched his channel for quite some time. I like his taste in stadiums. #FeartheWaterfall
          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Overall the stadiums look better than the NSIC the GSC.

Obviously I am biased and think UCO's is the best. With PSU, and MWSU close behind. I think Pitt does the best job at making a small stadium look huge and proportionally so.

Hays' stadium is underrated. The all chairback seating is a really nice look. It reminds me how the parts of OU's upper decks with chairbacks look. The exterior is good too.
            UCM and NW are okay in my opinion. Their press boxes are a bit overpowering of the stands. The tracks aren't that much of a negative for me. If the stands were larger, I would be a better look. If anything NW's is a bit overrated.
            UNK has a really nice looking press box.

Washburn is a really decent looking stadium.

Emporia has nice masonry. But it is too far from a White Castle for press box sponsorship.

When I think small college SCLSU Mud Dogs football, MoSo comes to mind. Seriously though, it looks like what the general public might think a typical HS/small college stadium looks like.

Tahlequah look like it covers up the turf and hosts outlaw rodeos in the offseason.

Lincoln's is out of the conference so....
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

[QUOTE=RollChos;n762048]

Yeah, a running track feels very HS to me. Not a fan. I do like Carnie Smith’s vintage look though.[/QUOTE

D2 schools with track & field teams usually can't afford a dedicated facility and must share a stadium with football. As far as a running track around the football field "feels very HS", well everything in Oklahoma feels very high school... (chill, just messing with you)
              Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 07-22-2023, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Great overall video of the MIAA stadiums. But stagged and selective videos don't tell the whole story. Forget about your own home stadium bias. I'm always more interested in the observations of the visiting fans. If you haven't been to the other stadiums, then you really can't talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                  Great overall video of the MIAA stadiums. But stagged and selective videos don't tell the whole story. Forget about your own home stadium bias. I'm always more interested in the observations of the visiting fans. If you haven't been to the other stadiums, then you really can't talk.
                  Yeah. I've only been to Pitt, ESU, WU way back in the NAIA days, MoSo, and NSU. I can't really speak to any of the others.
                  That said, it's the atmosphere that makes the stadium, imo.

Comment

When all is said and done, it's how a team brings in fans to fill a stadium. Pitt State WINS. All the other stadiums were empty compared to Pitt State. You can have a sexy stadium, but if you can only fill it to 20% capacity, it's not that sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
                      When all is said and done, it's how a team brings in fans to fill a stadium. Pitt State WINS. All the other stadiums were empty compared to Pitt State. You can have a sexy stadium, but if you can only fill it to 20% capacity, it's not that sexy.
                      you ever been to pitt. kansas?

not exactly an entertainemt capital of kansas lol. if they dont go to the game on saturdays, they sit in the fields pulling the legs off of grasshoppers. game winners put asses in the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                        best in d2 overall (league)

many many longest yard qual dumps nationwide

the depth of nice stadiums to watch a game is unmatched.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

truman’s the only real dump i’ve been in (mw too but their renovations make it one of the best now) and they’re out of the league. most of our venues in terms of the relevant programs are nice esp when compared to status quo nationally.

i’d like to get rid of the tracks to get fans closer to the field but it’s a nonstarter economically
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. I've only been to Pitt, ESU, WU way back in the NAIA days, MoSo, and NSU. I can't really speak to any of the others.
                            That said, it's the atmosphere that makes the stadium, imo.
                            I've been to UCM (naturally), Northwest, Missouri Western, Washburn, Pitt State, Emporia State, Missouri Southern, Lincoln. You're right about the atmosphere being a huge factor. Thursday night home openers all have great atmospheres no matter where you're at. I've only attended one Thursday night away opener and it was at Pitt State. We had fun cruising the Pitt tailgate lot, drinking with and trading insults with the Pitt fans. The atmosphere was electric with the street fair and all the students back on campus. The drive home in the middle of the night felt like a trip through the Twilight Zone. Pitt, KS is really out there in the middle of nowhere. Mules won so the trip was worth it.

Comment

NSU and Lincoln are dumps. MWSU last time I step foot in there was a dump but believe they’ve revamped heavily. Never been to MOSO. Otherwise everyone in the conference has fairly nice facilities compared to most at this level. Pitt is probably in the lead but I’d say NW isn’t far behind.

Southwest baptist and Truman were also dumps back when we played there. South Dakota school of Mines — I played at nicer fields in middle school — in front of more people too.

Lindenwood had a very unique stadium that I actually liked a lot. That place would’ve been rocking back when they were dominating NAIA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X