Quick Takeaways:
    UCO has locked up #1 seed in the region
    Southern is for real
    NW inbreeding has caught up with them
    UCO has locked up # 1 seed in the region
    Dodson looked like he had regressed and Pitt still put up 34
    Washburn is not good
    I don't know if Hays has righted the ship or NSU is awful, probably a mixture of both
    Can't tell anything about Emporia either except their first game let them iron at things at will going into NW this week
    UCO has locked up the #1 seed in the region
    UNK is off kilter
    UCM and MW did exactly what I thought they'd do two young teams with new coaches or almost new coaches finding out who they are
    UCO just won the NC

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
    Quick Takeaways:
    Southern is for real
    Washburn is not good
    I don't know if Hays has righted the ship or NSU is awful, probably a mixture of both
    Can't tell anything about Emporia either except their first game let them iron at things at will going into NW this week
    UNK is off kilter
    UCM and MW did exactly what I thought they'd do two young teams with new coaches or almost new coaches finding out who they are
    UCO just won the NC

Good one, Street...lol.

Comment

Mules Special Teams? Not special at all Thursday night.

Comment

How the heck does Emporia give up 6 plus yards per carry to Lincoln?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          How the heck does Emporia give up 6 plus yards per carry to Lincoln?
          Didn’t watch the game but I’d guess those are trash time yards. Just my best guess

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Didn’t watch the game but I’d guess those are trash time yards. Just my best guess
            I got bored early on, but I think they were moving the ball early on. Not to the tune of 6yards per carry, but as you mentioned I assume the trash time is where they padded that stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
              Quick Takeaways:
              Southern is for real
              Washburn is not good
              UNK is off kilter
              UCO just won the NC
              Well, it looks like UCO has locked up the #1 seed in the region... but did they also lock up the world's most repetitive statement championship? 😂🏈 #UCOforMostMentioned

did **** wad hack your account?

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post
                Mules Special Teams? Not special at all Thursday night.
                That was the worst "special teams" performance I've ever seen for an entire game. Whoever is coaching that unit has a lot of explaining to do.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite and give you all some ammunition for coming after UCO. Unpopular opinion: Stephon Brown is the most underrated QB in the MIAA.

I'll take a look at the defacto "best" QB in the nation, TJ Davis, last week to make this argument.

Comparing the two in the box score Davis bests Brown in most categories but it is definitely a close call.

Passing Yards: Davis 185, Brown 170
                  Rushing Yards: Davis 61, Brown 59 - Davis had a BS stat padding run of 13 yards right before the end of the half which helped add to this total.
                  Completion Percentage: Davis 70%, Brown: 54%
                  TD Passes: Davis 2, Brown 1
                  INT: Davis 1, Brown 0.

Oh, and Brown's team got the W.

Small sample size obviously, but Brown gets overlooked a lot in this league. If TJ Davis was the best QB in the country last week, Brown had to have been top 5. Realistically both of their stat lines were pretty average.

This isn't to take anything away from TJ Davis, the kid is a stud. The point is that Stephon Brown is overlooked. Hopefully, a few more good games this year could change that.
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

Mules starting QB from last season, Cedric Case (CC) went out with an injury in the first quarter at MoWest.

Backup QB Zach Zebrowski (ZZ) a redshirt junior transfer from Southern Illinois took over and completed 29 of 39 passes for 385 yards with 5 touchdowns to 5 different receivers and no interceptions. He also rushed for 30 yards mostly on scrambles. Maybe not the backup QB for long with those kinds of numbers.

I don't know what injury CC suffered at MoWest, but I'm sure coach Lambo will address it tonight on his weekly radio show.

The starter this week - C or Z (Zorro) ?

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 09-06-2023, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                      Okay, I'll bite and give you all some ammunition for coming after UCO. Unpopular opinion: Stephon Brown is the most underrated QB in the MIAA.

I'll take a look at the defacto "best" QB in the nation, TJ Davis, last week to make this argument.

Comparing the two in the box score Davis bests Brown in most categories but it is definitely a close call.

Passing Yards: Davis 185, Brown 170
                      Rushing Yards: Davis 61, Brown 59 - Davis had a BS stat padding run of 13 yards right before the end of the half which helped add to this total.
                      Completion Percentage: Davis 70%, Brown: 54%
                      TD Passes: Davis 2, Brown 1
                      INT: Davis 1, Brown 0.

Oh, and Brown's team got the W.

Small sample size obviously, but Brown gets overlooked a lot in this league. If TJ Davis was the best QB in the country last week, Brown had to have been top 5. Realistically both of their stat lines were pretty average.

This isn't to take anything away from TJ Davis, the kid is a stud. The point is that Stephon Brown is overlooked. Hopefully, a few more good games this year could change that.
                      For starters, nobody has ever said Davis is the best QB in the nation. He is an all American running talent, though. It's sad that he is in an offense that won't let him be him. He is a fish out of water who has been entered into a tractor pulling contest.

The rest of your post is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

For starters, nobody has ever said Davis is the best QB in the nation. He is an all American running talent, though. It's sad that he is in an offense that won't let him be him. He is a fish out of water who has been entered into a tractor pulling contest.
                        I don’t have the time on my hands today to go find the posts but 100% people have said he is the best QB in the nation on this board. He didn’t even look like an All-American last week. MAYBE an All-American running talent, I’ll give you that.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                          Mules starting QB from last season, Cedric Case (CC) went out with an injury in the first quarter at MoWest.

Backup QB Zach Zebrowski (ZZ) a redshirt junior transfer from Southern Illinois took over and completed 29 of 39 passes for 385 yards with 5 touchdowns to 5 different receivers and no interceptions. He also rushed for 30 yards mostly on scrambles. Maybe not the backup QB for long with those kinds of numbers.

I don't know what injury CC suffered at MoWest, but I'm sure coach Lambo will address it tonight on his weekly radio show.

The starter this week - C or Z (Zorro) ?

Not sure it matters who’s flinging it - I was very impressed with UCM’s receiving corps.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                            Not sure it matters who’s flinging it - I was very impressed with UCM’s receiving corps.
                            Same here. I think they did great in the portal at a lot of positions.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

I don’t have the time on my hands today to go find the posts but 100% people have said he is the best QB in the nation on this board. He didn’t even look like an All-American last week. MAYBE an All-American running talent, I’ll give you that.
                              I haven't read that anywhere that I can remember. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen anyone not agree that the Mines QB is the best in the nation by a decent margin this year.

Davis has always been a great runner who can throw it enough to keep you honest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X