Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
    Random question, do we think the helmet rule that the forces players off the field has done ANYTHING for the game? Just randomly thought about this and how it seems so pointless.
    The Zach Dickey Rule. I think he lost his on every play.

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Gotta be honest I wore mine loose and picked up a face mask or 2 because of it.
      But how many concussions did you get because of it? Likely none more than if it were tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Zach Dickey Rule. I think he lost his on every play.
        100%…. That D*ck lol

Comment

Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post
          Some kids for sure would given the chance
          No, you would go to the sideline and get it fixed up and go back in lol.

Comment

No, you would go to the sideline and get it fixed up and go back in lol.
            You Obviously have never interacted with any football player before, it’s cool though, I won’t hold it against you

Comment

You Obviously have never interacted with any football player before, it’s cool though, I won’t hold it against you
              If you say so, this isn’t the 70’s. If your helmet ****s up, you throw it to a trainer and are back in the next play. Lmao. I have no clue what rock you played under.

Comment

If you say so, this isn’t the 70’s. If your helmet ****s up, you throw it to a trainer and are back in the next play. Lmao. I have no clue what rock you played under.
                Buddy I wasn’t alive in the 70’s so I’ll trust you there.
                However I do know how todays players are, I have first hand seen them grab a random helmet and throw it on.
                Most of them don’t care about their own safety, just want to hit something

Comment

Buddy I wasn’t alive in the 70’s so I’ll trust you there.
                  However I do know how todays players are, I have first hand seen them grab a random helmet and throw it on.
                  Most of them don’t care about their own safety, just want to hit something
                  Todays players can’t hit anyway. So I guess it still doesn’t even matter hahaha

I still think it’s pointless and have never in my many years of playing the sport seen any reason for it to be implemented.

Comment

Including the multiple times we donkey stomped UNK.

Comment

If you’re seeing less helmets come off, I’d say they’re doing something.
                      I’m not seeing any data, but it sure feels like helmets used to come off a lot more frequently than they do now.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I’m not seeing any data, but it sure feels like helmets used to come off a lot more frequently than they do now.
                        I guess I should clarify that I don’t disagree with that particular point, I just don’t equate that to any difference in “safety”. I’d LOVE to get my hands on the data though.

Comment

I guess I should clarify that I don’t disagree with that particular point, I just don’t equate that to any difference in “safety”. I’d LOVE to get my hands on the data though.
                          I think the goal was just to get people to buckle the chinstrap so you didn't have LBers losing their helmet, then chasing down the play and making the hit as often.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think the goal was just to get people to buckle the chinstrap so you didn't have LBers losing their helmet, then chasing down the play and making the hit as often.
                            I could see that, let’s quietly change the rule back now that it’s “worked”. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by D2Rover View Post
                              We should also note that very few FCS fans would use the word "admirable" in the same sentence as "NDSU". But they were dominant for a long while, and I won't fault anybody for being able to do that.
                              Really? Which fanbases have trouble with NDSU exactly?

NDSU fans travel well and know how to have a good time. If opposing fans go to an NDSU tailgate, they get treated well.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post

Really? Which fanbases have trouble with NDSU exactly?

NDSU fans travel well and know how to have a good time. If opposing fans go to an NDSU tailgate, they get treated well.
                                I've been to Frisco the last couple years and had some interactions with fans that left me sour on them - admittedly a few bad fans among a whole lot of fans that weren't causing problems. I know some other Montana State fans felt the same way, and I'd presume none of the SDSU fans like you whether it's fair or not. And a lot of NDSU fans think they're better than everyone (even if you've earned it) which rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X