Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, let's take a quick break

With conferences dissolving (PAC 12) for instance, and teams moving up to fill in the gaps in such conferences as Conference USA or the American Conference, again, for example. Do you see any teams from the MIAA getting pulled into a different level? The MIAA has quality teams (Top 25). I see Pitt State and NW Missouri getting pulled into FCS. NWMO fans are hacked off right now, but much like Alabama, until you show a consistent year after year after year after year consistency of losing, This is a NWMO/Pitt State conference much like the old Big 8 of Oklahoma and Nebraska. I see many conferences, for the sake of survival, pulling and petitioning D2 teams.

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
    With conferences dissolving (PAC 12) for instance, and teams moving up to fill in the gaps in such conferences as Conference USA or the American Conference, again, for example. Do you see any teams from the MIAA getting pulled into a different level? The MIAA has quality teams (Top 25). I see Pitt State and NW Missouri getting pulled into FCS. NWMO fans are hacked off right now, but much like Alabama, until you show a consistent year after year after year after year consistency of losing, This is a NWMO/Pitt State conference much like the old Big 8 of Oklahoma and Nebraska. I see many conferences, for the sake of survival, pulling and petitioning D2 teams.
    Solid bait.

Comment

Solid bait.........Boy, people are really sensitive. How would you ever survive College GameDay?

Comment

The NW to FCS has been suggested here before...NO WAY it happens. Costs are too high and there's no way NW could fund that additional $$$ on a consistent basis.

Comment

Solid bait.........Boy, people are really sensitive. How would you ever survive College GameDay?
          It’s almost like this conversation for NW and Pitt happens every year and both parties will say no way… see liberty’s reply.

there was some UCO conversation that seems plausible but otherwise I don’t see it happening.

The regionality of FCS makes it difficult as well. No one really fits easily in the FCS conferences as they currently stand.

but sure we can say what I commented is sensitive.

Comment

I think both schools would have to add 2-3more varsity sports. Pitt would have to get donors with deeper pockets. Considering they spit out gobs of teachers, nurses, construction workers, mechanics and lower to mid level managers, they’d have to increase athletic fees or dramatically grow enrollment. Tough to do in SEK

Comment

lots of teams in d1 that shouldn’t be what’s two more.

teams in d2 that shouldn’t be as well.
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                lots of teams in d1 that shouldn’t be what’s two more.

teams in d2 that shouldn’t be as well.
                definitely some truth to this but I don’t think either administration from my limited knowledge would risk the move. As gorillaprofessor pointed out both programs seem to be getting the most out of their limited donor pool.

Comment

i think you misunderstood me.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Go home, you are drunk.

Comment

From a success and alumni basis both Northwest and Pitt could go FCS. But neither are in at the metro area big enough in order to support a new FCS program. I only believe that Mo West UCM and UCO could . Mo West is in big enough city- but it will never happen because the school's too young doesn't have the tradition and it's too close to Northwest. UCM if they were in a bigger town could but I don't think they could get enough support from the kc Metro. UCO has all the fundamentals except their 50 miles on either side from major universities that suck all the interest in Oklahoma. Overall I think the MIAA is safe from an FCS. I read from another conference in D2 much higher potential

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                        From a success and alumni basis both Northwest and Pitt could go FCS. But neither are in at the metro area big enough in order to support a new FCS program. I only believe that Mo West UCM and UCO could . Mo West is in big enough city- but it will never happen because the school's too young doesn't have the tradition and it's too close to Northwest. UCM if they were in a bigger town could but I don't think they could get enough support from the kc Metro. UCO has all the fundamentals except their 50 miles on either side from major universities that suck all the interest in Oklahoma. Overall I think the MIAA is safe from an FCS. I read from another conference in D2 much higher potential
                        UNK has the size and location to do it, but the NU loving morons up there would close the whole school down before they would let that happen.

Comment

UCO will go D1 eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

UNK has the size and location to do it, but the NU loving morons up there would close the whole school down before they would let that happen.
                            Look no further than UNO dropping football and wrestling

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Go home, you are drunk.
                              Yikes!! I didn't mean to bring consternation to the board. 1,000 apologies. I like D2 football. My whole point was programs are going "here and there" and when one looks at the MIAA, there are many talented teams in football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, tennis, etc, etc, The D1 landscape is changing daily with "super conferences" and I thought the mid-tier D1 conferences, for survival sakes, would try to pilfer D2 teams. sorry if I offended anyone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X