Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Garin Higgins wins 100th game at ESU!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

I see why until now he was just a lurker. I don’t agree that things should stay “in house” and not be discussed here. Not that anything we say holds weight, but you do have people that read all this stuff. Just like any other form of feedback. You sift through the VP, and Kiss My Ass’s and see that there is true points being made behind the other noise.
    I mean yeah obviously this is a place to discuss things but that quality of discussion deteriorates very quickly when posters talk "down" to teams/players/coaches etc. I agree there are good points made for sure and I'll admit there's probably things on here that I agree with but just doesn't sit right to see from a faceless fan.

Perhaps it's simply the drought of good posts here that's made me more critical of things. Truthfully it mostly comes from the desire to see this place grow rather than die a slow death.

Lurking was much more enjoyable 2012-2016 when there were more posts and higher quality discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHustle View Post

I mean yeah obviously this is a place to discuss things but that quality of discussion deteriorates very quickly when posters talk "down" to teams/players/coaches etc. I agree there are good points made for sure and I'll admit there's probably things on here that I agree with but just doesn't sit right to see from a faceless fan.

Perhaps it's simply the drought of good posts here that's made me more critical of things. Truthfully it mostly comes from the desire to see this place grow rather than die a slow death.

Lurking was much more enjoyable 2012-2016 when there were more posts and higher quality discussions.
      Yeah, we lost a lot. Each of the core people here tried I think. One year I done it another PP. We made quality posts each week to try to foster engagement, but it’s just dead. I blame the lurkers. If people would engage it would help. Like you. You have started talking and it’s driven conversations. Now you just need to get that Emporia profile pic or we can’t be forum friends.

Also I think you are thinking about the people on this forum wrong. I don’t think there is a “faceless fan” in the bunch. Depending on your definition. Yeah, I don’t know who PP is IRL, but I guarantee key individuals do in the organization. I’d say 85% of the people here in the MIAA have current ties to their orgs. It’s not just random people posting on the internet. I mean you said as much with your “nobody” cares comments. It’s not a random troll on the internet that decided to root for UCM. It’s people that have actual ties and care about the program.

I also don’t agree with the whole these players are “kids” so don’t talk about them… but that’s a topic for another day. I’m still not sure if PP has forgiven me for posting a pic of Dickey crying after we kicked their butts lmao. Now those were the days the forum was poppin.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Yeah, we lost a lot. Each of the core people here tried I think. One year I done it another PP. We made quality posts each week to try to foster engagement, but it’s just dead. I blame the lurkers. If people would engage it would help. Like you. You have started talking and it’s driven conversations. Now you just need to get that Emporia profile pic or we can’t be forum friends.

Also I think you are thinking about the people on this forum wrong. I don’t think there is a “faceless fan” in the bunch. Depending on your definition. Yeah, I don’t know who PP is IRL, but I guarantee key individuals do in the organization. I’d say 85% of the people here in the MIAA have current ties to their orgs. It’s not just random people posting on the internet. I mean you said as much with your “nobody” cares comments. It’s not a random troll on the internet that decided to root for UCM. It’s people that have actual ties and care about the program.

I also don’t agree with the whole these players are “kids” so don’t talk about them… but that’s a topic for another day. I’m still not sure if PP has forgiven me for posting a pic of Dickey crying after we kicked their butts lmao. Now those were the days the forum was poppin.
        Don’t think I referred to players as kids and hope my comments don’t reflect that in some way.

I also agree with you on the posters ties to the programs. That's really what I'm driving at here. This is not a typical fan base and therefore I believe that us "fans" should reflect that unique relationship.

What I was getting at with the "nobody cares" sort of statement I was really just trying to put this all in a bigger perspective. Simply put what happens on the field is a very small part of why D2 athletics is so special. Specifically football in the MIAA, which I still believe is the best conference in the nation. Even if it's not reflected each year in the PO's. That's a whole other discussion on it's own though.

Glad you and I can find some middle ground here. Not gonna change my profile pic but maybe I'll have my photoshop buddy add a power e in there or something lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X