Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is institutional commitment to winning?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is institutional commitment to winning?

Let me preface this by writing that I AM NEW TO D2 FOOTBALL. I am getting more and more turned off with D1 because the lines between D1 and the Pros are getting blurred. Having said that, what does Institutional commitment to winning mean? When it comes to scholarships, most, if not all D2 schools are on par scholarship-wise. Athletics-based scholarship packages are built to keep budgets more in line with the institution's bottom line. It surely can't be the "sexiness" of the facilities, because, as I read articles about cool-looking D2 stadiums, those schools should therefore always be winning championships. After this week, I've read various posts on the entire D2 forum, not just MIAA and LSC, but others where posters would write "Fire this coach", "Fire this staff", "Bring back "that" coach", and "We need an Institutional Commitment to winning". If 90% of the D2 schools are on par financially with regard to funding economic aid, what else does the term "Institutional Commitment to winning" mean? Again, I am new to D2. I love the fact that I can watch a game on Saturday afternoon and see the very player who scored the winning touchdown on Sunday at Home Depot helping me search for a particular tool, something you would never see in D1.

What do you call par? Fully funding the allowable out of state equivalencies in football? I’d say most schools are actually no where near that. But some schools have reciprocal agreements that reduce tuition for out of state students that help in recruiting and especially in a few conferences are probably near 36 in state scholarships allowed. PSAC used to knee cap their scholarship allowances at like 28 or something for that measure. No where near the max

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      What do you call par? Fully funding the allowable out of state equivalencies in football? I’d say most schools are actually no where near that. But some schools have reciprocal agreements that reduce tuition for out of state students that help in recruiting and especially in a few conferences are probably near 36 in state scholarships allowed. PSAC used to knee cap their scholarship allowances at like 28 or something for that measure. No where near the max
      Okay, I stand corrected. I was reading some information from the NCAA about D2 scholarship packages and it sounded as if ALL scholarship packages are capped to a certain number. I read on the NCAA website that, "Division I schools may provide student-athletes with multiyear scholarships. Additionally, Division I schools may pay for student-athletes to finish their bachelor's or master's degrees after they finish playing NCAA sports. I read that as exclusionary to D1 ONLY. Okay, so the answer is more $$$$$$$ in scholarship packages and options.

Comment

Your D2 town has a Home Depot??

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
          Good one! They even have a grocery store and there is talk of a new Dairy Queen coming in next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post

Good one! They even have a grocery store and there is talk of a new Dairy Queen coming in next year.
            That alone should ramp up recruiting.

Comment

better topic for the offseason when we’re bored
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                better topic for the offseason when we’re bored
                Lol 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                  Don't even get me started on how much I hate home depot.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Don't even get me started on how much I hate home depot.
                    I hate Home Depot more than UCO and Washburn if that tells you anything.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X