Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESU v MoWest - Let the Games Begin

In an eagerly anticipated matchup, No. 11 Emporia State is gearing up to face off against Missouri Western, both coming into the game with impressive recent performances.

Missouri Western, fresh off an authoritative 28-7 victory over Fort Hays State, displayed their prowess by capitalizing on turnovers and applying relentless pressure on their opponents' passing game. This win has certainly boosted their confidence as they prepare to face Emporia State.

On the other side of the field, Emporia State (4-0) is riding high after a 38-27 victory over Central Oklahoma. The Hornets kicked off the game with a bang, as Zion Jones returned the opening kickoff for 40 yards. They quickly took a 10-0 lead, with Braden Gleason connecting with Tommy Zimmerman for a 57-yard touchdown pass. The Hornets demonstrated their resilience by answering every challenge thrown their way.

Both teams come into this matchup with strong offenses and impressive defensive performances. Braden Gleason has been a key figure for Emporia State, delivering an exceptional performance with four touchdowns in their latest victory. Jaylen Varner was his favorite target, amassing a career-high 147 receiving yards and three touchdowns. Meanwhile, Missouri Western will look to build upon their recent success, aiming to secure a spot in the second tier of the conference.

As the Hornets (4-0) and the Griffons (3-1) clash once again, football enthusiasts can anticipate an electrifying showdown between two formidable teams. Emporia State's 4-0 start is the first time they've achieved this since 2015, setting the stage for an exciting encounter at Spratt Stadium in St. Joseph, Mo., with kick-off scheduled for 4:00 p.m. It's a matchup that promises high stakes and exhilarating action on the field.

what say you? Ol Reload got the Hornets by 150

Who are you and what happened to Reload?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
      I escaped from the chains of reloads internet persona to give a more realistic write up. Regrettably, I must now return to the abyss.

Just a reminder, Reloadmvp is merely a persona on the D2MessageBoard, not an individual or a representation of a person or team. Just in case these newcomers are puzzled by the dynamics here! 😂😂🤣😂

Comment

I wish they'd move this game to a night game.

Comment

Why? So nobody can travel to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Yeah really, somebody must have hacked Reload's account. This sounds way too coherent to be The Bug Spray Guy.
            Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 09-25-2023, 05:34 AM.

Comment

It will be the first real test for the ESU D. I'm predicting a shootout. Neither D is great, but both do certain things well on that side of the ball.

Both offenses are potent.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                Why? So nobody can travel to it?
                No. The weather is nice. It's not a long drive from Emporia.

Comment

Everyone doesn’t live in emporia.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    It will be the first real test for the ESU D. I'm predicting a shootout. Neither D is great, but both do certain things well on that side of the ball.

I expect the ESU defense to accept the challenge and take the next step at shutting up the rest of the doubters

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Yeah really, somebody must have hacked Reload's account. This sounds way to coherent to be the Bug Spray guy.
                      Tell ‘em to put some respect on Reloads name! We out here in these forums streets.

Comment

MW is looking like a great matchup for ESU to test just how good they are this year. Does not seem too different than what UCO showed no?

Tough physical lineman on both sides with offensive weapons. QB seems solid in a favorable game script and I am sure they will look to attack ESU on the ground first. I think MW and UCO similarities were proven when they played each other.

ESU is due for some gut checks the rest of the season. Could be a big one this weekend if MW can avoid turnovers and keep the ball away from Gleason and company

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

MW offense that much better than UCO? Shootout is definitely on the table as always with Emporia but don't think I'd even compare their offense with the Griffs.. Their RBs are both very good but QB play is difference maker in this league.

Any MW fans care to chime in? Sell me on your team or tell me why they match up well against ESU.

Comment

CharlieHustle Where is your ESU PFP, let’s go!?!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHustle View Post
                              MW is looking like a great matchup for ESU to test just how good they are this year. Does not seem too different than what UCO showed no?

Tough physical lineman on both sides with offensive weapons. QB seems solid in a favorable game script and I am sure they will look to attack ESU on the ground first. I think MW and UCO similarities were proven when they played each other.

ESU is due for some gut checks the rest of the season. Could be a big one this weekend if MW can avoid turnovers and keep the ball away from Gleason and company
                              MoWest is first in the league in sacks in pretty sure. That alone could be dangerous.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X