Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

I know the broadcast had multiple cameras as they switched cameras often. I don't think any of us had a problem with the video of the broadcast only that the PA guy drowned out everything the broadcasters were saying.
    I don’t know, you enjoyed not being able to see the entire field?

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
      No way he didn’t make that catch in the end zone and it was clear as day that your guy didn’t make the TD. I think the replays have been great. Today they worked well and I saw them work well for another weeks game too. I’m glad they are here.
      Yeah kinda feel like if they ruled that as a TD catch in the endzone and MW challenges it probably stands. My assumption is that they felt there was not enough evidence to overturn it. Most likely had to do with possession of the ball and not feet.

Sort of agree with GrifFans point on replay. I felt that Edden did not score but agree that there is almost no way they had good enough angles/evidence to make that reversal.

Don't think we have seen the worst yet of MIAA officials and replay ridiculousness. Things are bound to get weird at this level with current limitations.

Comment

• Absolute gut punch of a loss.. MW outplayed Emporia entire 1st half after the opening scoring drive for the Hornets. Turnover and a missed DPI call on 3rd down killed two drives that led to the first half deficit. No excuses there, ESU should be good enough to overcome those things.

2nd half told us a lot more about these teams. I think MW was scared to lose that lead and played very conservative. Played right into Emporia's strengths seemingly but just could not get it done. Was good to see ESU comeback even after the 51 yard TD run. Not sure why defense gave up on tackling and just started trying to force a turnover. That and then giving up a big kickoff return at the end of the game and then consecutive 9 yard runs was really hard to watch.

MW QB made some unbelievable plays keeping drives alive with his feet. Not the type to rack up rushing yards but ESU could not get home. Credit to MW for the way they ended the game. Their defense was absolutely exhausted and avoiding overtime was huge for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CharlieHustle View Post

Yeah kinda feel like if they ruled that as a TD catch in the endzone and MW challenges it probably stands. My assumption is that they felt there was not enough evidence to overturn it. Most likely had to do with possession of the ball and not feet.

Sort of agree with GrifFans point on replay. I felt that Edden did not score but agree that there is almost no way they had good enough angles/evidence to make that reversal.

Don't think we have seen the worst yet of MIAA officials and replay ridiculousness. Things are bound to get weird at this level with current limitations.
          I don’t think they are just making up calls though. IF there aren’t other angles(I believe there are) then it’s a pretty easy call(play stands).

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

I don’t think they are just making up calls though
            You must be new here 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post
              Hell we have more NFL players currently than any other MIAA team I'm pretty sure.
              I'm not saying it's the case, but that can be accomplished by giving certain recruits full rides at the expense of the program in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'm not saying it's the case, but that can be accomplished by giving certain recruits full rides at the expense of the program in general.
                At levels below FBS, the ability to manage your equivalencies is akin to the salary cap in the NFL. You need to get the best value for your scholarships for the players you have. That involves being a great recruiter, and convincing the players to come to wherever for maybe less value than others will, while also getting institutional buy-in to be able to cast a wider net than our region alone. I am not sure who to thank for their ability to manage the financials of scholarships and compliance, but they have to be great puzzle masters, I imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

At levels below FBS, the ability to manage your equivalencies is akin to the salary cap in the NFL. You need to get the best value for your scholarships for the players you have. That involves being a great recruiter, and convincing the players to come to wherever for maybe less value than others will, while also getting institutional buy-in to be able to cast a wider net than our region alone. I am not sure who to thank for their ability to manage the financials of scholarships and compliance, but they have to be great puzzle masters, I imagine.
                  It has to be tough to manage the locker room, too, if players start talking about the size of scholarships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It has to be tough to manage the locker room, too, if players start talking about the size of scholarships.
                    Been awhile since I played…maybe for the coaches behind the scenes it’s tough. But as players we all knew who had what and was getting paid what. It never really affected us. I’m sure some were complaining behind the scenes to the coaches, but from a camaraderie standpoint it made no difference. Besides, we knew our place and knew we got paid according to that. Want more money, be better….Maybe that means the coaches managed the locker room well 🤔

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X