Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Harris, NW Running back

Wow! This kid is a beast. A 6-2, 212 Sophomore with a guarantee of getting a minimum of 100 yards per game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but NFL scouts get giddy when a running back gets a minimum of 100 yards per game. One more year of this guy at NW and I'm sure some NFL team will take him.

I'm just hoping we can keep him out of the transfer portal.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      I'm just hoping we can keep him out of the transfer portal.
      I was thinking that very thing.

Comment

good luck to us considering staff changes on that side of the ball that are likely coming in addition to probable opportunity.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I fear this may be his last year here but hope I’m wrong

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            I fear this may be his last year here but hope I’m wrong
            I would tell him, "OK, look. You are a man among boys in the MIAA. You will set many records, NFL scouts will be focused solely on you for the next 2 years, and your chances of injury are very small." If this kid stays put at NW, I'm sure he could easily go in the 5th round AT WORSE.

Comment

Straight from his Jr. Season on a D2 team to the nfl? That would be a little unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Straight from his Jr. Season on a D2 team to the nfl? That would be a little unusual.
                OK, maybe not, but that kid can flat-out play football. 100 yards per game is nothing to sneeze at. Honestly, if you were an NFL scout, wouldn't you give this kid a look?

Comment

Jay is a true Soph(they pulled his red shirt part way thru last season)

Comment

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post

OK, maybe not, but that kid can flat-out play football. 100 yards per game is nothing to sneeze at. Honestly, if you were an NFL scout, wouldn't you give this kid a look?
                    Not really, RBs are cheap and plentiful in the nfl. It’s why their pay is going down. Tough position to play anymore.

Comment

He's definitely good, and I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred to D1.

Comment

I would tell him, "OK, look. You are a man among boys in the MIAA. You will set many records, NFL scouts will be focused solely on you for the next 2 years, and your chances of injury are very small." If this kid stays put at NW, I'm sure he could easily go in the 5th round AT WORSE.
                        Are knees, ankles, shoulders, heads, etc. tougher in D2 than D1? An injury can happen on any player, any level of football.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post

Are knees, ankles, shoulders, heads, etc. tougher in D2 than D1? An injury can happen on any player, any level of football.
                          Yea thought that take was an interesting one. Also anyone know last time a D2 RB got picked up in the draft?

Comment

Must be the kid’s Dad, lol. I think Shadeur Sanders said it best when he said they don’t hit any less hard.

Comment

So you would lie to him to keep him at NW?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X