Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, Ok, Ok, silly question here

I know this is D2 and MIAA, but I have to ask. Okay, Michigan is under an NCAA investigation for stealing signs and signals. Ok, at least 20 people on the other team's sidelines are making all sorts of hand gestures and holding up all kinds of signs. A play, from the snap lasts 4 seconds. I'll give you 4 seconds. What team has the resources and the time to analyze every single hand gesture of the opposing team when 99 percent of the hand gestures and signs are nothing more than a massive distraction? Please forgive me for being naive, but I would really like to know and I DO NOT care about Michigan. Seriously

I thought it was a stupid rule to have. You mean to tell me you can’t “scout” other teams in person. Bad rule, but the NCAA is full of bad rules.

Comment

I have heard Lambo and AD talking about how the Texas schools had assistants with binoculars 'stealing' signs when they were at Abilene. Computers and analysts have changed the game in many ways, good and bad.

Comment

When I coached softball an opposing coach said we have your signs down. "You just gave the bunt sign."

My reply, "correct, now tell me if we are bunting 1. to first base 2. to second base 3.slap bunting to 2nd base 4. Slap bunting to SS?
        Opposing coach said, "oh ****".

Or as my old football coach said when it become a big deal when an opposing coach said we have your signals figured out. His reply, "Haven't changed a signal in 25 years. Doesn't matter if you know what i am running, you still have to stop it and we will out execute you to make it work."

So does it really matter? Hell No!!!

Comment

Again, I think it was stupid rule to begin with.

Comment

I've heard rumor this is what happened when North Texas got bowl eligible after starting 0-6 a few years ago. Littrell allegedly hadn't changed any signs in years and an opposition coach finally let him know after a game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X