Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminiscing in Bearcat land…

Nice article in the NW Missourian about 2013 team.
    Ball snapped, knee down, whistle blown. 2013 Northwest football quarterback Trevor Adams hugs offensive lineman Jake Scarbo, while coach Adam Dorrel backpedals onto the field, holding up his index finger

Fun question. You get one of the following QB's back for 1 year. Who do you take?

Brady Bolles
    Trevor Adams
    Blake Bolles
    Kyle Zimmerman

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
      Fun question. You get one of the following QB's back for 1 year. Who do you take?

Brady Bolles
      Trevor Adams
      Blake Bolles
      Kyle Zimmerman

That is a good question. Probably not the most talented of the bunch, and I’m unfairly biased, but I got to know Trevor the best. He’s just an amazing stand up dude… very strong in his faith. I used to say that if I was the star quarterback for a national championship team, I would’ve totally used that for evil. Lol. That just wasn’t him… yes sir, no sir, golf on Wednesday, bible study on Thursday, yada yada yada… great kid and a pretty darn good quarterback.

Disclaimer: The rest of them may have all been great kids too… I just can’t personally vouch for them.

Comment

Blake Bolles

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          Blake Bolles
          This is the answer. He was a Division 1 QB playing at the D2 level.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

That is a good question. Probably not the most talented of the bunch, and I’m unfairly biased, but I got to know Trevor the best. He’s just an amazing stand up dude… very strong in his faith. I used to say that if I was the star quarterback for a national championship team, I would’ve totally used that for evil. Lol. That just wasn’t him… yes sir, no sir, golf on Wednesday, bible study on Thursday, yada yada yada… great kid and a pretty darn good quarterback.

Disclaimer: The rest of them may have all been great kids too… I just can’t personally vouch for them.
            Adams had the highest completion percentage and was a tremendous decision maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              Blake Bolles
              Without Soy?

That's my only hesitation. He had elite hands to throw to that some others did not.

Comment

Brady Bolles
                Trevor Adams
                Blake Bolles
                Kyle Zimmerman

Blake EZ

#FreeBolles

Comment

Adams had the highest completion percentage and was a tremendous decision maker.
                  He came a long way… I remember, I think is was 2012, we got beat by Central at home early in the season and Trevor wasn't great. A lot of fans were groaning, in part because Bolles 2.0 was waiting in the wings. Because I knew him, I was obviously pulling for him and was glad he kept his job and had a pretty good year before succumbing to Mankato that year. Came back and really played beautifully as a senior and went on to win their first National Championship under AD. Those were good times. Obviously, it makes a huge difference when your program can stack 3 or 4 really good quarterbacks in a row... nobody has to play too early, they're able to get some experience while waiting their turn, and it's game on when it is. Zimmerman's senior year, with the fact that it was his only year as the starter, was really impressive. The Bolles brothers were definitely more athletic, but man, I'd take any one of them for another round.

Comment

Each one of them had better supporting players around them as well. When was the last time that we had a receiver that could really stretch the field. I figured that we would lose Harris, but if he would have stayed, I feel he would have been one of the elites at NW, such as Omon, LaRon, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                      Each one of them had better supporting players around them as well. When was the last time that we had a receiver that could really stretch the field. I figured that we would lose Harris, but if he would have stayed, I feel he would have been one of the elites at NW, such as Omon, LaRon, etc.
                      i agree. but here we are, welcome to the new world...

Comment

Not gone yet, but he certainly will have options. All we need is a QB, some OL, WR's, DL, LB, DB's and he could stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

He came a long way… I remember, I think is was 2012, we got beat by Central at home early in the season and Trevor wasn't great. A lot of fans were groaning, in part because Bolles 2.0 was waiting in the wings. Because I knew him, I was obviously pulling for him and was glad he kept his job and had a pretty good year before succumbing to Mankato that year. Came back and really played beautifully as a senior and went on to win their first National Championship under AD. Those were good times. Obviously, it makes a huge difference when your program can stack 3 or 4 really good quarterbacks in a row... nobody has to play too early, they're able to get some experience while waiting their turn, and it's game on when it is. Zimmerman's senior year, with the fact that it was his only year as the starter, was really impressive. The Bolles brothers were definitely more athletic, but man, I'd take any one of them for another round.
                          Good to stack good WR's with them too. Blake/Soy, Adams/Thomas, Brady/Bane. Zimmerman probably did the most from a committee standpoint since Bane was injured most of the year.

Comment

I hate to think about it, but you have to imagine Omon wouldn’t have been a career Bearcat in today’s structure. Hell, he may never have been a Bearcat if NU hadn’t hired Callahan who torpedoed their walk on program (they may have had Omon and Woodhead).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

I hate to think about it, but you have to imagine Omon wouldn’t have been a career Bearcat in today’s structure. Hell, he may never have been a Bearcat if NU hadn’t hired Callahan who torpedoed their walk on program (they may have had Omon and Woodhead).
                              That may be true but would they have had the type of careers which they had by going to NU? Maybe, but if you're good enough the NFL will find you.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X