Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Wright Leaving Pitt

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...5RvWOKe2FZW2WI

This must’ve been in the works a bit
    will he tag Rich Wright as his DC?😂

Comment

"non coaching professional opportunity"

it should make for as seamless a transition as possible regardless of the rest of it^^.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Truthfully! He was out of coaching, but was associate head coach the year before. I wonder if he will keep Nutt calling plays on D or take over that role. It all depends on who he wants to he OC, I think. I imagine the person isn’t on staff right now.

Comment

Here’s the FootballScoop article about it.

https://footballscoop.com/news/north...orida-atlantic
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Happy for Wright. Not sure how I feel about Anthony. Defensive minded HCs tend to struggle.

Otoh, he's a great DC and was part of building the current culture
            Last edited by Predatory Primates; 12-03-2023, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I’m hoping he knows someone, or one of the guys on staff have been playing close attention to how Wright called the games and game planned.

Comment

Wow. Huge news. Just when Pitt state was becoming Pitt state again.

Comment

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post
                  📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...5RvWOKe2FZW2WI
                  So this was the original release? When I saw Wright was gone I just assumed it had been announced prior. Interesting write up there to downplay that coaching change as much as possible...

Jerry Partridge was recently at Northern Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

So this was the original release? When I saw Wright was gone I just assumed it had been announced prior. Interesting write up there to downplay that coaching change as much as possible...

Jerry Partridge was recently at Northern Arizona.
                    I don’t think JP has been there for 2 years. However the prior coach was a former griffon.

Comment

https://footballscoop.com/news/tom-a...-football?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        Gotta ask - those kids didn’t magically get older and he isn’t gonna necessarily find better balance from a family standpoint. How does this make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Gotta ask - those kids didn’t magically get older and he isn’t gonna necessarily find better balance from a family standpoint. How does this make sense?
                          I guess those kids weren't his dream job after all?

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post

I guess those kids weren't his dream job after all?
                            I think it makes sense from a financial standpoint. On a d2 coordinator salary, I am fairly certain the two parents would have to be working. Wright was making 150k in 2022. Anthony was making half that in the same year. While it is a nice salary, maybe not worth the amount of time away, and certainly more difficult to have the family time with one salary. From what it sounds like, his wife's job was probably not the best situation for her. So this way, one of the parents will be able to stay home, and for all intents and purposes, they really loved living here.

Comment

With Anthony playing Mr. Mom and not pursuing a return to coaching, I wonder if the AD didn't jump the gun a little bit. Could have considered some offensive minded coaches for the position before making a final decision...just saying.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X