Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthernLion76 View Post

Any clues as to why hold the game on Friday? It's typically on a Saturday.
    No clue. Glad it's in the evening Friday instead of the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

No clue. Glad it's in the evening Friday instead of the afternoon.
      Meh, what's a 3 hour drive... Right? lol. I will be excited to see how far the offence has come.

Comment

Meh, what's a 3 hour drive... Right? lol. I will be excited to see how far the offence has come.
        Found out that Coach Bradley and the MSSU Football Alumni Association is hosting a golf tournament on Saturday. That may be why the spring game is Friday night.

Comment

Looks like NW's Spring Game is now vs Augustana

https://x.com/NWBearcat_FB/status/1777426699711369631

Comment

Spotted some tailgaters getting ready for the controlled scrimmage vs Augie-beautiful day for it…wonder who the NW QB will be?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              Spotted some tailgaters getting ready for the controlled scrimmage vs Augie-beautiful day for it…wonder who the NW QB will be?
              So how badly did the mighty Bearcats maul my Vikings in their scrimmage. Augie won NSIC, but lost 7 starters on offense. Like you guys I'm curious who will be our starting QB.

Comment

UNK scrimmaged against Concordia St Paul yesterday. I just posted a recap on the UNK thread so I won't repeat it all here. I'll just mention that while there was no official score kept, based on the recap, the Lopers "won" comfortably.

Comment

Still waiting for UCM spring roster and their scrimmage is tomorrow (4.20). Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by MuleBall View Post
                    Still waiting for UCM spring roster and their scrimmage is tomorrow (4.20). Oh well.
                    Did you attend and if so, anything to report?

Comment

How did the offense look? I was unable to attend but was curious to see the same thing. Heard overall it was a pretty sloppy performance by MSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by MSSU_Lion View Post

How did the offense look? I was unable to attend but was curious to see the same thing. Heard overall it was a pretty sloppy performance by MSSU.
                        I'm far from a coach, and clearly I was just a spectator. With that being said I felt like it has room for improvement. I'm not sure it was a good way to gage the team as a whole due to the fact that they played a lot of new players and ran plays that were designed for situational game moments. Looked to me like the starters (for the most part) played 2 series. The O line will be one of the most seasoned in the MIAA huge plus. Not sure how the D did, I know they are all working hard, it seems like the team is doing a lot to build a brand and culture.

Comment

I'm far from a coach, and clearly I was just a spectator. With that being said I felt like it has room for improvement. I'm not sure it was a good way to gage the team as a whole due to the fact that they played a lot of new players and ran plays that were designed for situational game moments. Looked to me like the starters (for the most part) played 2 series. The O line will be one of the most seasoned in the MIAA huge plus. Not sure how the D did, I know they are all working hard, it seems like the team is doing a lot to build a brand and culture.
                          I really like what the Southern coach is doing. I was a little surprised that the D seemed to take a step back last year. I expect that side to catch back up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I really like what the Southern coach is doing. I was a little surprised that the D seemed to take a step back last year. I expect that side to catch back up this year.
                            It will be an interesting year for the lions.

Comment

Pitt had they're spring game. The new oc has installed the veer option,.and former safety Jordan Rogers took most of the snaps at QB. They're going to be tough to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                Pitt had they're spring game. The new oc has installed the veer option,.and former safety Jordan Rogers took most of the snaps at QB. They're going to be tough to stop.
                                I was impressed with Rogers decision making and our running backs ran hard and angry. While not exactly what Harding runs due to their success and our speed instead of mauling strength on the OLine switching to this makes a lot of sense. I think the QB kid we got from Harding will get some action too. Probably specific series and if we get behind the chains we still have Dodson.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X