Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU @ Angelo State

Wolves down 24-7 at half, ouch! Stats fairly similar, though WOU has passed for 70 yards and ASU 158. Hoping to rally in the 2nd half. Last year's game was very close in Monmouth, hoping the gap closes.

Bowout is on, 31-7 ... expected better.

Comment

45-7 ... ouch, WOU's Currie has thrown for a paltry 95 yards; ASU QB 20-of-24, 210 yards, 3 TD's ... WOU secondary (I thought was going to be a strong point) getting torched big time.

Comment

Final was 45-20. WOU really needs to take that next step.

Comment

I saw it was mid 90s at kickoff. Surprised game wasn't postponed until like 8 or something. Obviously game ASU some home field advantage

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
            Final was 45-20. WOU really needs to take that next step.
            That seems to be the big question and I think it goes back to infrastructure. D2 isn't a facilities/big salary division, it's a scholarship division. In FBS, everyone has 85 scholarships; in D2 there's the haves and have-nots. As long as WOU is around the 10-15 scholarship mark that next step won't happen. I believe 20 is the minimum scholarship level to compete with the tough Texas schools, CWU, APU, on a regular basis. Twenty would allow WOU 10-15 more talented players if you're splitting scholarships; 25 would be ideal. I'm not sure how WOU gets there, most alums are former teachers, and some how they need to get the football alums on board. Also, many of my college friends are UO and OSU fans first, though they don't donate there, they just attend games, but in turn don't donate to WOU. (Pac-12 schools who pay their coaches millions really don't need your money.)

So yeah, stuck record here, I've been saying it for years, it's a scholarship deal, IMO.

Comment

New SID at WOU seems great and all-in on football, unlike guys in the past, however, the headline on the story says Land scores 2 TD's vs. Angelo State, doesn't mention the loss or the score. The old newspaper guy in me says don't fake us, just tell us the truth and the score. I get public relations, pumping up your school, etc., but most fans of WOU are also graduates of the school and not dumb. Don't blow smoke, just tell us the truth and what happened. Land's 2 TD's were very minuscule in the big picture. Bottom line: WOU got blown out vs. a good ASU team. Rant over ... keep up the hard work, WOU SID dept.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                New SID at WOU seems great and all-in on football, unlike guys in the past, however, the headline on the story says Land scores 2 TD's vs. Angelo State, doesn't mention the loss or the score. The old newspaper guy in me says don't fake us, just tell us the truth and the score. I get public relations, pumping up your school, etc., but most fans of WOU are also graduates of the school and not dumb. Don't blow smoke, just tell us the truth and what happened. Land's 2 TD's were very minuscule in the big picture. Bottom line: WOU got blown out vs. a good ASU team. Rant over ... keep up the hard work, WOU SID dept.
                You are absolutely spot on with everything from the lack of scholarships to the sugar coated newspaper articles. The LSC schools are in the midst of an arm race at present and most all of the established schools are at or near D2 limits on scholarships. Kudos for WOU stepping up and scheduling LSC schools this year. Good luck the rest of the way. BTW, I stated this last year also after Tarleton lost in the blinding snow storm in Minnesota. Champions find a way to win in all kinds of weather.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                  I saw it was mid 90s at kickoff. Surprised game wasn't postponed until like 8 or something. Obviously game ASU some home field advantage
                  Why would you postpone a game because it's 90 degrees?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Humidity sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Humidity sucks.
                      Well aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Well, we would up here in the Northwest if it was mid-90's I guess things are done differently in Texas when it comes to football.

Comment

Waiting until 8 pm to start game the temp is still 90+ degrees. Would not have made much of a difference. The field would not hold/reflect as much heat as the sun goes down. That's the plus side.

Comment

Well, we would up here in the Northwest if it was mid-90's I guess things are done differently in Texas when it comes to football.
                            Umm... are you sure? Maybe on the West side of Washington, but not in the Tri-Cities area. That is a dry heat though and yesterday it was over 90 here yet again, prep football went as scheduled.

Comment

I am guessing the heat in Texas isn't as dry as Tri-Cities. Mid-90's in Texas is tough for fully padded football players

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X