X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: APU at Tarleton

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    2 d2 losses, and 6 high school wins....
    Dude, slow your roll. You're a middle of the road team for the most part, who averaged less than 1800 fans at home this year. Don't talk like you and the team are top ranked or anything.

I got no problem with you or your team. I've only got a problem with the reality of d2 football in the west. CWU, APU, WOU are all trying to overcome that reality. Ask any coach, they hate the round robin. Does nothing for SOS and reputation.

You don't doing much for your rep by spouting off dumb a$$ things like that.

Comment

One other interesting stat.

Rushing yards AP 1, TSU 355.

Comment

I have faith. Either way I will be there. Gotta drive round trip from Amarillo as I will be there for Thanksgiving and cant bring Ruby the Wonder Dog to the game. Looks like I will take Monday off.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
          Looked like a Varsity vs JV game. The sad part about AP getting in is it probably kept the only team in the region that could of beat Tarleton (Midwestern) out of the playoffs. Worked out great for Tarleton....first round bye and maybe the 2nd best team in the region not in the tournament.
          If they're the second best team they shouldn't have lost twice. They don't have a good win either, time to move on.

Comment

2 d2 losses, and 6 high school wins....
            Why don't you stick to the LSC forum if you're going to be talking like that.

Comment

Azusa got flat-out worked over today. That's disappointing. Start recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
                Looked like a Varsity vs JV game. The sad part about AP getting in is it probably kept the only team in the region that could of beat Tarleton (Midwestern) out of the playoffs. Worked out great for Tarleton....first round bye and maybe the 2nd best team in the region not in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                  Azusa got flat-out worked over today. That's disappointing. Start recruiting!

Comment

reading the APU bashing and saying they played HS teams... we have our JackoftheGNAC replacements?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                        Dude, slow your roll. You're a middle of the road team for the most part, who averaged less than 1800 fans at home this year. Don't talk like you and the team are top ranked or anything.

I got no problem with you or your team. I've only got a problem with the reality of d2 football in the west. CWU, APU, WOU are all trying to overcome that reality. Ask any coach, they hate the round robin. Does nothing for SOS and reputation.

You don't doing much for your rep by spouting off dumb a$$ things like that.
                        Ive been around D2 football for a long time, The GNAC is made up of 1 canadian team that is has won 15 games since joining the ncaa if my math is right they havent won a d2 game in 4 years, Humbolt who got shanked by their administration and their only wins this year is over the afore mentioned team, Western Oregon whose 5 wins are from playing Humbolt and simon fraser twice and beating Kingsville who is going through one of the roughest stretches if football i have ever seen from them, AZUSA who went 8-2 again beating each of those teams twice, and CWU who managed an 8-2 record playing in 7 games vs teams with losing records, 2 of which were winless and 1 with 2 wins over Simon Fraser, and they only managed to win 1 game vs a winning team, yet AZUSA beating them in their second meeting was a "signature" win! What a joke!

Central Washington has been good in the past, my knock is not just that AZUSA made it to the playoffs, its that IF Midwestern had beaten Commerce, AZUSA would have still been in, the GNAC is so bad this year that no team should have made it. PERIOD.

Now to my little team that only averaged 1800 fans. Brother you need to do some more dugging. Eastern is a School of 5k in a town of maybe 17k, in New Mexico. They have less than 20 schollies, and their hc makes less than most coordinators in our area. Despite that they are Competitive in a conference that routinely puts nfl talent on the field, and last year brough home a national championship. This is the first losing season they have had in 5 years. Including an 8-2 record last year.

Im not talking like my team is top ranked, but the farce that AZUSA earned or belonged in to pls is crap.

FYI Eastern played one of the toughest schedules in the country this year
                        Missourri S&T 9-1 L
                        Colorado Mesa 7-4 L
                        Commerce 9-2 L
                        Kingsville 4-7 W
                        Midwestern 8-2 L
                        Tarleton st 10-0 L
                        Western Nm 0-10 W
                        Utpb 2-9 W
                        WT. 6-5 W
                        Angelo. 6-5 L
                        Western Oregon 5-6 W
                        7 teams with winning records, only 1 winnless team on the schedule.

5-6 They are what their record says, I will still take them and be willing to be they could do just as good as AZUSA in the GNAC this year.

Hopefully this scheduling thing can get worked out with the LSC. Next year hopefully the schedules for AZUSA and CWU will better help differentiate them from the others in the region one way or the other.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Can we just move on from trying to tell teams they didn't belong? Other teams didn't do what they needed, end of story. Midwestern didn't beat anyone, their best win was over a 5th place GSC team. A conference that went 0-3 today in SR2.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            Can we just move on from trying to tell teams they didn't belong? Other teams didn't do what they needed, end of story. Midwestern didn't beat anyone, their best win was over a 5th place GSC team. A conference that went 0-3 today in SR2.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                              Who did CWU and AZUSA beat?

Someone had to be the 7th team at this point the way Tarleton is playing im not sure Midwestern or anyone else "left out" would fare bettet.
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Who did CWU and AZUSA beat?

Someone had to be the 7th team at this point the way Tarleton is playing im not sure Midwestern or anyone else "left out" would fare bettet.
                                My point exactly!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X