• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Ville Jaguars looking at Mike Reilly

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/footb...nville-jaguars

Hmmmm........

Re: J-Ville Jaguars looking at Mike Reilly

Of course all of us CWU guys are thinking, where were you 10 years ago!?!?!

Comment

Mike Reilly and Jake Heaps welcome to the Seattle Mudsharks of the XFL.

Comment

CFL starting QB would never go to XFL. But I wouldn't mind seeing Jake Heaps, Keith Price, Halliday or Falk, or even Hennessey on the Seattle XFL team.

Jax needs some QB depth and Reilly and Bo Levi Mitchell are a good place to look

Comment

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/14/ja...k-mike-reilly/

Comment

Reilly has carved out a great career for himself in Canada, making half a million a year; getting MVP awards, etc. Of course he needs to take this NFL shot, he probably better than most NFL backups, but for some reason hasn't gotten a real shot. (Who is the Seahawks' backup anyway?)

Football is too tough a practice sport to want to sit on the bench for one's career, so I admire Reilly for going north and PLAYING football, not watching football. Great college career, great pro career, very admirable.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
              Reilly has carved out a great career for himself in Canada, making half a million a year; getting MVP awards, etc. Of course he needs to take this NFL shot, he probably better than most NFL backups, but for some reason hasn't gotten a real shot. (Who is the Seahawks' backup anyway?)

Football is too tough a practice sport to want to sit on the bench for one's career, so I admire Reilly for going north and PLAYING football, not watching football. Great college career, great pro career, very admirable.
              And even better, he is a great person.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

Mr. Magoo is the Seahawks backup.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                  Mr. Magoo is the Seahawks backup.
                  I thought he was practice squad and Hundley the backup. I looked it up and it looks like Brett Hundley is, but I only remember that as he was mentioned in the Monday night broadcast.

As for this being Jacksonville, I'd think there's a shot for Reily with Bortles being basically out the door right now. They may be cautious to start another rookie, instead go to a CFL star to see about getting a stop gap QB for if they draft one in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                    CFL starting QB would never go to XFL. But I wouldn't mind seeing Jake Heaps, Keith Price, Halliday or Falk, or even Hennessey on the Seattle XFL team.

Jax needs some QB depth and Reilly and Bo Levi Mitchell are a good place to look
                    Being a millennial I'll cut you some slack since you were in diapers. The XFL and NFL Europe had deeper talent across the board then the CFL.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                      Being a millennial I'll cut you some slack since you were in diapers. The XFL and NFL Europe had deeper talent across the board then the CFL.
                      I remember Kitna was in NFL Europe before the NFL as it was actually the NFL's "minor league". It also had several backups, kind of like the G-League for the NBA looking to help their careers. XFL had Tommy Maddox and Rod Smart who had decent NFL careers and I think both made Super Bowls. It also had NFL re-treads which were the main names I knew in it. It just had bad leadership and its gimmick scramble for the ball cost two players their season before it was scrapped. It may have done better if it hadn't been basically WWE football with all the WWE stars and announcers being showcased, although Ventura was a pretty good announcer for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                        I thought he was practice squad and Hundley the backup. I looked it up and it looks like Brett Hundley is, but I only remember that as he was mentioned in the Monday night broadcast.

As for this being Jacksonville, I'd think there's a shot for Reily with Bortles being basically out the door right now. They may be cautious to start another rookie, instead go to a CFL star to see about getting a stop gap QB for if they draft one in the offseason.
                        I forgot about Hundley.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                          I forgot about Hundley.
                          You aren't the only one. It feels like Russel Wilson's backup is becoming like Brett Favre's backup.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X