Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOU gets state of Washington QB

Nate Hughes of Bethel committed to WOU. First-team all-state 4A QB. Good get for the Wolves, looks like the QB of the future:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6629183/Nate-Hughes

Re: WOU gets state of Washington QB

https://247sports.com/high-school/wa...gon-128112844/

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      Thanks for the link, Wildcat. I'm excited about the new QB, looks like he has a lot of potential.

Comment

Looks like WOU, CWU, and SFU all found a good QB from the South Sound area. WA State provides some good local talent!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
          Looks like WOU, CWU, and SFU all found a good QB from the South Sound area. WA State provides some good local talent!
          Yep, a lot of prep talent in Washington. EWU's highly successful FCS program is 85% Washington kids; CWU's highly successful D2 program is mostly Washington kids. WOU had a lot of success with a QB Ryan Bergman a few years ago, another Washington kid. I'm all for loading up on Oregon kids, WOU has had some great ones from their own state over the years (Revis, Highberger, Tyrell Williams, Kevin Boss, etc.) and I'm all for that being the first choice, but it's also nice to supplement with Washington kids.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            Yep, a lot of prep talent in Washington. EWU's highly successful FCS program is 85% Washington kids; CWU's highly successful D2 program is mostly Washington kids. WOU had a lot of success with a QB Ryan Bergman a few years ago, another Washington kid. I'm all for loading up on Oregon kids, WOU has had some great ones from their own state over the years (Revis, Highberger, Tyrell Williams, Kevin Boss, etc.) and I'm all for that being the first choice, but it's also nice to supplement with Washington kids.
            CWU's highly successful DII program had 96.8% of their roster from WA. Rostered non WA kids included athletes from OR (2), Hawaii (2), Alaska (1), California (2), Virginia (1) and Ohio (1).

I am not sure, given the size of population in Oregon that WOU will be able to meet the types of in-state athletes as does EWU and CWU. Not a slight, just the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              CWU's highly successful DII program had 96.8% of their roster from WA. Rostered non WA kids included athletes from OR (2), Hawaii (2), Alaska (1), California (2), Virginia (1) and Ohio (1).

I am not sure, given the size of population in Oregon that WOU will be able to meet the types of in-state athletes as does EWU and CWU. Not a slight, just the reality.
              Wow, nearly 97% instate. Impressive. I do think WOU has to dip into Washington and Cali for players; RB from Oakland was a nice find. Lots of prep talent in Washington, sad to see WSU moving away from it.

Comment

I'm just curious, where do you count Hermiston now and its Oregon kids? :laugh: 3-way tie for first in the 3A portion of the MCC their first year was a good start I think for them in a new state.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                  I'm just curious, where do you count Hermiston now and its Oregon kids? :laugh: 3-way tie for first in the 3A portion of the MCC their first year was a good start I think for them in a new state.
                  Count them as Oregon in-state, though I admire them for breaking off from OSAA's proposal to put them in long bus ride leagues ... and I was impressed with their first year in Washington competition. WOU had a very good DB from Hermiston a few years ago, can't remember the name, but I do remember being impressed by him.

Comment

Count them as Oregon in-state, though I admire them for breaking off from OSAA's proposal to put them in long bus ride leagues ... and I was impressed with their first year in Washington competition. WOU had a very good DB from Hermiston a few years ago, can't remember the name, but I do remember being impressed by him.
                    And if the school continues to grow they can stay in the MCC too as it is a 3A/4A league. Win/win for those kids on travel and much better when I was there in the IMC days with trips to Redmond, Bend, and Prineville.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X