Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Sky Moves Football to Spring

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2020/8/7...il-spring.aspx

Big Sky just postponed football until spring. Perhaps the CWU-Montana game will get rescheduled! It does look like everything but FBS will end up either postponing or cancelling fall football.

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    https://bigskyconf.com/news/2020/8/7...il-spring.aspx

Big Sky just postponed football until spring. Perhaps the CWU-Montana game will get rescheduled! It does look like everything but FBS will end up either postponing or cancelling fall football.
    People need to quit pretending there's any true sports going on right now. I see baseball and their fake fans and cancelled games and I think the season doesn't count. I see close to 70 NFL players now opting out and think, why are they playing? The NBA doesn't seem real to me. Why are colleges trying to keep this shell game going? (Well, $$$ of course) UCLA has a bunch of players who tested positive. Let the SEC turn pro or the 10 universities in the country who want to pay their coaches upwards of $10M a year. The Pac-12, Big 10, and others, should quit chasing this.

No sports count this year for me, not even ones delayed to the spring. They just don't count, period, and they need to quit telling us they do count.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

People need to quit pretending there's any true sports going on right now. I see baseball and their fake fans and cancelled games and I think the season doesn't count. I see close to 70 NFL players now opting out and think, why are they playing? The NBA doesn't seem real to me. Why are colleges trying to keep this shell game going? (Well, $$$ of course) UCLA has a bunch of players who tested positive. Let the SEC turn pro or the 10 universities in the country who want to pay their coaches upwards of $10M a year. The Pac-12, Big 10, and others, should quit chasing this.

No sports count this year for me, not even ones delayed to the spring. They just don't count, period, and they need to quit telling us they do count.
      The quality of hockey being played is pretty damn high though.

Comment

The intensity of pro sports is not inspiring the sport fan, with the exception of hockey. The NBA is a joke with the bubble. MLB keeps plugging the leaks like a sinking ship. Boring so far. Puts me right to sleep. Golf, well not to bad, if your used to a slow pace. NASCAR, respectable with a few fans. NFL, How many players will miss the season with concerns. Build a new stadium and they will come...except Las Vegas. No fans allowed per Mark Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I agree. Reminds me of the tournaments I played in as a kid. The only difference is your gear won't be frozen the next morning because your parents did not want the stinky gear in the hotel room.

Comment

Word leaked that the Pac-12 and Big 10 will both be canceling football. The other power conferences should be following soon.
            https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sec-acc-big-12

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
              Word leaked that the Pac-12 and Big 10 will both be canceling football. The other power conferences should be following soon.
              https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sec-acc-big-12
              I wonder if the SEC will. There's going to be a ton of political pressure on them not to.

Comment

I've been watching that too. 5OT's last night?! Now that is definitely true playoff hockey. I was happy to see Vancouver win their first series since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I've been watching that too. 5OT's last night?! Now that is definitely true playoff hockey. I was happy to see Vancouver win their first series since 2011.
                  Crazy conditioning, some of those guys didn't look like they were bothered at all by logging 60 minutes of ice time. Just watched the Avs pretty much dominate the Coyotes, 40-14 shot advantage. They've been fun to watch all year, glad they will get the chance to make a playoff run.

Comment

Crazy conditioning, some of those guys didn't look like they were bothered at all by logging 60 minutes of ice time. Just watched the Avs pretty much dominate the Coyotes, 40-14 shot advantage. They've been fun to watch all year, glad they will get the chance to make a playoff run.
                    Since we don't have a team here yet, a friend of mine grew up a Yotes fan. He told me how the Av's dominated that game, but seeing the highlights I see Kemper was great most of the game. He'll of course have the Kraken as one of his favorite teams soon, but neither of us feel we'll be rooting for them over the teams we've been rooting for so long.

Comment

Since we don't have a team here yet, a friend of mine grew up a Yotes fan. He told me how the Av's dominated that game, but seeing the highlights I see Kemper was great most of the game. He'll of course have the Kraken as one of his favorite teams soon, but neither of us feel we'll be rooting for them over the teams we've been rooting for so long.
                      I moved to CO from Northern California in 1994 and luckily the Avs came to CO shortly after so I've been a fan since the franchise moved here. If Kuemper wasn't on his game yesterday it would've been a bloodbath, that was with MacKinnon having one of the few bad games I have ever seen from him. I don't think this will be much of a series based on that first 60 minutes, stranger things have happened though. Glad Seattle is getting a team, they have some fantastic fans up there. Their MLS games are always entertaining with the atmosphere in the stadium.

Comment

I love the city of Seattle and I love the city of Vancouver. I am super excited for 2021-22 NHL season so I can try to make a trip up that way when the Avs play up there. Assuming this stupid plague is gone by then. Right now my passport and Global Entry card are just super expensive backup IDs to my drivers license.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X