Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BREAKING: CWU Coach Shoemaker Heading to EWU

Here is more on Coach Fisk's promotion. This article does mention they were able to keep their signing class intact! https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/spor...57cd05473.html

Comment

I noticed the Daily Record screwed up WTAM for TAMUC as well. I emailed Dave Thomas at the Yakima Herald and he said that he had noticed later and that there are too many TAMUs. Can't really disagree with that...

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        Here is more on Coach Fisk's promotion. This article does mention they were able to keep their signing class intact! https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/spor...57cd05473.html
        Looks like a great hire in Fisk. Good pedigree in coaching at SOU, too, and is a smart guy: He grew up in Pocatello and got out! Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'm from Idaho, I have license to dish that smack.

Fisk sounds excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
          Looks like a great hire in Fisk. Good pedigree in coaching at SOU, too, and is a smart guy: He grew up in Pocatello and got out! Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'm from Idaho, I have license to dish that smack.

Fisk sounds excellent.
          As long as he keeps up the tradition of the Yearly Smackdown!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
            As long as he keeps up the tradition of the Yearly Smackdown!
            I hope the Annual Beatdown ends, but I doubt just a personnel change will alter things in E-burg. :curse:

Comment

Fisk sounds excellent.
              Is Napoleon Dynamite no longer the only halfway decent thing to come out of Pocatello? :laugh:

I think keeping continuity with what is working could work really well too. I love that CWU still runs the ball and hasn't gone with the Air Raid offense that is in Pullman, instead going with what they have the players for.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                Is Napoleon Dynamite no longer the only halfway decent thing to come out of Pocatello? :laugh:

I think keeping continuity with what is working could work really well too. I love that CWU still runs the ball and hasn't gone with the Air Raid offense that is in Pullman, instead going with what they have the players for.
                Idaho State would make a good GNAC member ... they're 7-18 or something in hoops this year, marginal to bad in football, have no support and no money. Fisk is a smart dude, got out of Pokey and is making a name for himself with GOOD football programs SOU and CWU, not bad ones like Idaho State in his hometown.

Comment

Idaho State would make a good GNAC member ... they're 7-18 or something in hoops this year, marginal to bad in football, have no support and no money. Fisk is a smart dude, got out of Pokey and is making a name for himself with GOOD football programs SOU and CWU, not bad ones like Idaho State in his hometown.
                  They definitely would fit, but I doubt we'll see it happen. Travel wise they are in a good spot geographically for the GNAC in all non-football sports too and right along an interstate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                    They definitely would fit, but I doubt we'll see it happen. Travel wise they are in a good spot geographically for the GNAC in all non-football sports too and right along an interstate.
                    They definitely won't go down, and they also won't win anything significant in D-1 in 100 years or more.

Comment

More on the football background of Coach Fisk https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...xperience.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                        More on the football background of Coach Fisk https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...xperience.aspx
                        I liked when he listed the great CWU football coaches he skipped right over Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                          I liked when he listed the great CWU football coaches he skipped right over Bennett.
                          Bennett did an outstanding job at CWU, always wondered why he was hated. Certainly his success there should override boosters' feelings about him. Dan Devine wasn't beloved at Notre Dame and fired for not shaking enough boosters' hands, but he did have that interesting national title for the golden domers. I guess they should take away CWU's playoff appearances off the books if Bennett doesn't count, right?

Comment

Bennett did an outstanding job at CWU, always wondered why he was hated. Certainly his success there should override boosters' feelings about him. Dan Devine wasn't beloved at Notre Dame and fired for not shaking enough boosters' hands, but he did have that interesting national title for the golden domers. I guess they should take away CWU's playoff appearances off the books if Bennett doesn't count, right?
                            Bennett had two playoff appearances in his 5 CWU seasons. His last three years were mediocre. His teams had issues with one year transfers being little more than one year mercenaries, nepotism, under achieving, and financial mismanagement. Add in his treatment of Coach Picha, and you might understand the problem. I liked Blaine, but also saw the unraveling of a well built program under his tenure. Your chavterization of the situation is not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              Bennett had two playoff appearances in his 5 CWU seasons. His last three years were mediocre. His teams had issues with one year transfers being little more than one year mercenaries, nepotism, under achieving, and financial mismanagement. I liked Blaine, but also saw the unraveling of a well built program under his tenure. Your chavterization of the situation is not correct.
                              I don't think Blaine is warm and fuzzy, but to dismiss him as a bad coach and not worth of any recognition at CWU is insane. He had a pretty good record at CWU and should be counted as a worthy coach in CWU historical records, and being mentioned by current coaches. I also recall the one-year mercenaries were strongly defended on this board.

Comment

I don't think Blaine is warm and fuzzy, but to dismiss him as a bad coach and not worth of any recognition at CWU is insane. He had a pretty good record at CWU and should be counted as a worthy coach in CWU historical records, and being mentioned by current coaches. I also recall the one-year mercenaries were strongly defended on this board.
                                He did well with Baldwin's kids. When it came to his recruits, the program declined, and there were some ethical issues. Plus, he called the damned sweep all the damned time...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X