X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

If he went there for shorter road trips I would understand it. I hope he also concentrates on his study as very few D2 stars make it as pros and even Mike Reilley worked out at Hanford for a while.
    Doubtful, he transferred twice within a few weeks and I'm guessing he will transfer at the end of this season.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by tsull View Post

Yep, should've put Boss in, thanks.

Roots got bad advice.
    If he went there for shorter road trips I would understand it. I hope he also concentrates on his study as very few D2 stars make it as pros and even Mike Reilley worked out at Hanford for a while.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

You for got the Tight End that also has a Super Bowl Ring. I'm surprised by that.
    Yep, should've put Boss in, thanks.

Roots got bad advice.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

I don't know my Pueblo history, I know the best CFL player is a CWU grad, one of the best CFL defenders is a CWU grad. I know some other GNAC players made the NFL, including one from a program no longer in existence. He starts in the NFL. I know two RB's from defunct GNAC programs were in NFL camps; I know one GNAC receiver recently signed a $44M NFL contract.

So if the RMAC has that juice, more power to Roots. I don't think it does have that track record.
    You for got the Tight End that also has a Super Bowl Ring. I'm surprised by that.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post
    While he has a better chance of making the playoffs with Pueblo in the RMAC because of the conference size, automatic bid and an upper tier team, he did not transfer to have a better shot at making the playoffs. Remember, he transferred to Dixie State. Dixie State is not eligible for the playoffs or conference titles yet because they are still in the process of becoming D1. 5 years and 5 schools. He listened to some advice of others and made his decision. I hope he does well but history says rent a player and that is his choice. In the end, Pueblo will probably be happy to have him and he will probably be happy with his decisions.
    I don't know my Pueblo history, I know the best CFL player is a CWU grad, one of the best CFL defenders is a CWU grad. I know some other GNAC players made the NFL, including one from a program no longer in existence. He starts in the NFL. I know two RB's from defunct GNAC programs were in NFL camps; I know one GNAC receiver recently signed a $44M NFL contract.

So if the RMAC has that juice, more power to Roots. I don't think it does have that track record.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat94
    replied
    While he has a better chance of making the playoffs with Pueblo in the RMAC because of the conference size, automatic bid and an upper tier team, he did not transfer to have a better shot at making the playoffs. Remember, he transferred to Dixie State. Dixie State is not eligible for the playoffs or conference titles yet because they are still in the process of becoming D1. 5 years and 5 schools. He listened to some advice of others and made his decision. I hope he does well but history says rent a player and that is his choice. In the end, Pueblo will probably be happy to have him and he will probably be happy with his decisions.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Pueblo has the much better chance at the playoffs just because they play in an actual large conference. And Roots did fine sharing RB duties in 2018 with Cedric Cooper. Both rushed for over 1000 yards.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

A bit of action stretch to say after one game for Roots against one of the best defenses in D2. He should stay where he has no chance to even see post season play? I really doubt he's rethinking anything.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Roots and Moore are now re-thinking bolting CWU and the playing time that came with it. Now they're stuck at their schools as practice players, ugh. Roots would've dominated at CWU; Moore, I'm not sure. These guys get bad advice.
    A bit of action stretch to say after one game for Roots against one of the best defenses in D2. He should stay where he has no chance to even see post season play? I really doubt he's rethinking anything.

Leave a comment:

• tsull
    replied
    Roots and Moore are now re-thinking bolting CWU and the playing time that came with it. Now they're stuck at their schools as practice players, ugh. Roots would've dominated at CWU; Moore, I'm not sure. These guys get bad advice.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I believe Roots has played Commerce before, at CWU. Of course, defenses change over the years.
    I don't think Roots played against Commerce, assume you're referring to that playoff game? Seems recent but that was in 2017 somehow. Time flies.

Commerce has several D1 transfers this year, LBs from Tennessee, Kentucky, Aransas. They looked good on that side of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Playing Commerce is a bit more daunting than prior defenses he's seen I'm going to guess. Even more so when the Commerce secondary was clearly not concerned with getting beat deep. He'll have a great year and he showed some great flashes but that's a tough game to judge much off of.
    I believe Roots has played Commerce before, at CWU. Of course, defenses change over the years.

Leave a comment:

• CWU Wildcat Nation
    replied
    Roots had 11 rushing attempts for 44 yards last night in a CSU-Pueblo loss to Commerce. Not an auspicious start for him either.
    Pueblo also returns a decent RB so it looks like he will be splitting reps with him this season (like he did with Cooper in 2018) unless Roots can really distance himself.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Roots had 11 rushing attempts for 44 yards last night in a CSU-Pueblo loss to Commerce. Not an auspicious start for him either.
    Playing Commerce is a bit more daunting than prior defenses he's seen I'm going to guess. Even more so when the Commerce secondary was clearly not concerned with getting beat deep. He'll have a great year and he showed some great flashes but that's a tough game to judge much off of.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X