Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWU Leading WR Tyson Rainwater Also to Transfer!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

FCS is D1. D1 has two tiers: FBS and FCS.
    FCS is not D1, there's not an FBS coach in America who considers it D1. FCS coaches and people always say they're D1, they're not, they're 65-scholarship FCS, nothing wrong with that, but they're not D1 football, never have been, never will be.

As for Rainwater, I guess I'm tired of the portal/professional college football and the second it doesn't go right for the player he's out the door. You should read the article about the Clemson receiver, who sat on the bench for 3 years before fighting his way to a starting position and star performance in the playoffs. He had a great quote: "I didn't want to prove others wrong, I wanted to prove myself right" and that his mom told him to fight through adversity, very refreshing parenting that's not going on a lot these days.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post

FCS is not D1, there's not an FBS coach in America who considers it D1. FCS coaches and people always say they're D1, they're not, they're 65-scholarship FCS, nothing wrong with that, but they're not D1 football, never have been, never will be.

As for Rainwater, I guess I'm tired of the portal/professional college football and the second it doesn't go right for the player he's out the door. You should read the article about the Clemson receiver, who sat on the bench for 3 years before fighting his way to a starting position and star performance in the playoffs. He had a great quote: "I didn't want to prove others wrong, I wanted to prove myself right" and that his mom told him to fight through adversity, very refreshing parenting that's not going on a lot these days.
      Wasn't Carson Wentz a top 5 pick out of FCS? Also Kupp is a thorn in the side of the Seahawks from EWU, which is FCS. Last year alone 11 former NDSU players made NFL team's rosters or practice squads, which is the same amount as WSU.

As for CWU losing so many players, I wonder if APU dropping football and all the added travel from it may have had an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Wasn't Carson Wentz a top 5 pick out of FCS? Also Kupp is a thorn in the side of the Seahawks from EWU, which is FCS. Last year alone 11 former NDSU players made NFL team's rosters or practice squads, which is the same amount as WSU.

As for CWU losing so many players, I wonder if APU dropping football and all the added travel from it may have had an effect.
        FCS has many great players, it's not considered D1.

Comment

FCS has many great players, it's not considered D1.
          It is D1, formerly D1-AA.

Comment

D1 is divided into two subdivisions for football: FBS and FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
              D1 is divided into two subdivisions for football: FBS and FCS.
              Pretty sure that says D1 there like you said for EWU's 2010 team with a former CWU head coach.

Comment

Pretty sure that says D1 there like you said for EWU's 2010 team with a former CWU head coach.
                When did Eastern Washington beat Alabama for the division one national title?

On paper they may be saying D1 but there's not a coach in America in FCS or FBS who calls it D1 and considers it D1.

Regarding Rainwater, Roots, Moore, and others I don't get the wild cheering for these guys as they depart the conference. It doesn't help the conference to see the talent leave, and frankly they're flipping the bird at your alma mater and trashing it out the door. I hope they all flop.

Comment

When did Eastern Washington beat Alabama for the division one national title?

On paper they may be saying D1 but there's not a coach in America in FCS or FBS who calls it D1 and considers it D1.

Regarding Rainwater, Roots, Moore, and others I don't get the wild cheering for these guys as they depart the conference. It doesn't help the conference to see the talent leave, and frankly they're flipping the bird at your alma mater and trashing it out the door. I hope they all flop.
                  Alabama was voted, EWU won it on the field in 2010. They did though recently beat a WSU team that was a top 25 team at the end of the year. And unlike D2 teams playing D1/D3 teams, FBS teams can play one FCS team and have it count towards making the bowl/playoff.

Comment

Alabama was voted, EWU won it on the field in 2010. They did though recently beat a WSU team that was a top 25 team at the end of the year. And unlike D2 teams playing D1/D3 teams, FBS teams can play one FCS team and have it count towards making the bowl/playoff.
                    Dude, I know all the rules of FCS football, I covered it as a sports reporter for the Idaho Vandals, when they were actually decent. I attended the EWU-WSU game where Kupp lit them up and was the best player on the field and the EWU QB (who barely played at WSU, unfortunately) was the 2nd best player on the field. I get it, it's a fine division, I respect it, have probably attended more FCS games than anyone on this board combined.

It's not D1, if it was all those coaches I covered wouldn't have been leaving Idaho to take bad FBS jobs at Utah State, Nevada, etc.

Comment

Dude, I know all the rules of FCS football, I covered it as a sports reporter for the Idaho Vandals, when they were actually decent. I attended the EWU-WSU game where Kupp lit them up and was the best player on the field and the EWU QB (who barely played at WSU, unfortunately) was the 2nd best player on the field. I get it, it's a fine division, I respect it, have probably attended more FCS games than anyone on this board combined.

It's not D1, if it was all those coaches I covered wouldn't have been leaving Idaho to take bad FBS jobs at Utah State, Nevada, etc.
                      It is D1 by rule, but I get that it isn't FBS. It definitely isn't D2 or the GNAC schools wouldn't be in the state they are in right now as they could schedule Big Sky schools instead of LSC schools. FCS schools don't have the depth of FBS schools or the facilities, but some FCS schools have facilities on par with the Group of 5 schools. I remember Dave Wyman on Seattle radio having to correct people when they said EWU wasn't a D1 school.

Sadly for some this narrative spreads into other sports where there are elite programs from Group of 5 and FCS schools where people feel they are inferior to Power 5 schools. If Rugby caught on I'm sure we'd hear it about CWU's rugby programs which have vied for D1 national titles.

Comment

It is D1 by rule, but I get that it isn't FBS. It definitely isn't D2 or the GNAC schools wouldn't be in the state they are in right now as they could schedule Big Sky schools instead of LSC schools. FCS schools don't have the depth of FBS schools or the facilities, but some FCS schools have facilities on par with the Group of 5 schools. I remember Dave Wyman on Seattle radio having to correct people when they said EWU wasn't a D1 school.

Sadly for some this narrative spreads into other sports where there are elite programs from Group of 5 and FCS schools where people feel they are inferior to Power 5 schools. If Rugby caught on I'm sure we'd hear it about CWU's rugby programs which have vied for D1 national titles.
                        I understand what you're staying and it is semantics, but FCS COACHES told me it's not D1, when they recruited perhaps they put a little of that in there. I just don't like dishonesty in anything and especially dancing around the truth to prop oneself up. It's not D1 or they would be playing in an Power 5 or Group of 5 conference. Yes, I get that some of them are good football playing schools and now and then rise up on a 1-game deal and beat a Power 5 or Group of 5 (WSU lost to Portland State AND EWU under Leach, so-called guru). EWU competed well with UW a few times, EWU also beat Oregon State, and the Kupp team put up huge yards vs. Oregon, Hennessey had a big game at Autzen. I get the whole deal, but they created this IAA division because these schools couldn't compete in real D1 and wanted to play D1 in other sports.

I'll never call it D1 football until they play FBS, that doesn't mean I dislike FCS football, I don't. But it's not D1.

Comment

I understand what you're staying and it is semantics, but FCS COACHES told me it's not D1, when they recruited perhaps they put a little of that in there. I just don't like dishonesty in anything and especially dancing around the truth to prop oneself up. It's not D1 or they would be playing in an Power 5 or Group of 5 conference. Yes, I get that some of them are good football playing schools and now and then rise up on a 1-game deal and beat a Power 5 or Group of 5 (WSU lost to Portland State AND EWU under Leach, so-called guru). EWU competed well with UW a few times, EWU also beat Oregon State, and the Kupp team put up huge yards vs. Oregon, Hennessey had a big game at Autzen. I get the whole deal, but they created this IAA division because these schools couldn't compete in real D1 and wanted to play D1 in other sports.

I'll never call it D1 football until they play FBS, that doesn't mean I dislike FCS football, I don't. But it's not D1.
                          The thing you also didn't mention, FBS and FCS alone are about half the size of D2 and D3. When you combine them together, the 3 divisions have about an equal number size.

I also saw the proposed 64-team playoff for FBS, while mirroring the basketball tournament it would mean half the FBS schools (Power 5 and Group of 5) would be in the playoff while in basketball it is closer to 1/4th. That is way too many schools and more like the NBA or NHL where half the teams make the playoffs. If they had one similar to the FCS playoffs I think it would be best.

I also know that you are aware that both CWU and WOU played really well against that Portland State team.

Comment

NCAA Division I - Wikipedia

For college football only, D-I schools are further divided into the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and those institutions that do not have any football program. FBS teams have higher game attendance requirements and more players receiving athletic scholarships than FCS teams.

List of NCAA Division I FCS football programs | American Football Database | Fandom

FCS is considered DI by all parties save you, Tim. Using your "logic", are you going to say that Montana, Idaho, and Montana State do not play DI basketball? Butler, Georgetown, and Villanova don't play Di basketball?

Quit being such a tool and playing some "they told me so!" game.
                            Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 07-25-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

NCAA Division I - Wikipedia

For college football only, D-I schools are further divided into the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), and those institutions that do not have any football program. FBS teams have higher game attendance requirements and more players receiving athletic scholarships than FCS teams.

List of NCAA Division I FCS football programs | American Football Database | Fandom

FCS is considered DI by all parties save you, Tim. Using your "logic", are you going to say that Montana, Idaho, and Montana State do not play DI basketball? Butler, Georgetown, and Villanova don't play Di basketball?

Quit being such a tool and playing some "they told me so!" game.
                              I'm not playing any game I don't believe FCS football is FBS football they're not eligible for the FBS football playoffs which is division 1, the other tier of division 1 is the group of five. FCS is not mentioned in the group of five or Power 5 of division 1 football.

I didn't know they were granted access into the same division as power 5 and group of five, but maybe they have and I just haven't seen it.

* Also, the D1 basketball comparison doesn't hold water because those schools you mentioned plus the Big Sky schools have access to the national championship of division 1. Last time I checked North Dakota State, the Big Sky etc., didn't have access to power five and group of five playoffs.

** When I covered Washington State University athletics, the women's volleyball team one year won the equivalent of an NIT in volleyball. Upon returning to campus, the coach said that it's the first time a WSU women's program has won a national title. Even administrators at Washington State were cringing at her words because it wasn't a national title. The coach continued to play that card until she was corrected and changed her tune saying it's the first time at WSU women's program won a national trophy, which also wasn't true but that's what she was getting at and she was trying to boost her recruiting. I find it disappointing that the language that people use doesn't matter all for the sake of the everyone gets a trophy culture going on in sports these days. Everyone belongs whether it's Southern Utah University or the University of Alabama, they're considered equivalents in football by some. But they are not, they are in different divisions. That's what I'm getting at, and I'm puzzled as to why this is so confusing to people.
                              Last edited by tsull; 07-26-2021, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X