Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Very well written column. Good luck to CWU in the LSC.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    Great work, Craig.

You had a stellar season. You jumped in to a league/region you had no experience in and really did it well.

Thanks. We haven't had this kind of column since JG.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Yeah, they're going to lose some good defensive players (Hamilton, Steckline, Penny hasn't made his mind up yet), but most of the key offensive players will be back. I think Flanagan has a shot to be really good because he did just get some legitimate yards against NW (who had some starters on the DL in the whole way). CWU will continue with their money games against FCS I bet, so that will help with money a little.

I hope you come over and start covering the LSC since most of your independent teams are going away!
    And we've got 3 great FCS teams to try to schedule. Montana, Montana State, and EWU all made the FCS playoffs along with Sacramento State and UC Davis from the Big Sky. For WOU I can see them maybe scheduling Sacramento State and UC Davis for bus ride FCS games along with of course Portland State.

The real shame is we can't have a great conference like the Big Sky in D2 for West of the Rockies as they would say on Coast to Coast AM.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Yeah, they're going to lose some good defensive players (Hamilton, Steckline, Penny hasn't made his mind up yet), but most of the key offensive players will be back. I think Flanagan has a shot to be really good because he did just get some legitimate yards against NW (who had some starters on the DL in the whole way). CWU will continue with their money games against FCS I bet, so that will help with money a little.

I hope you come over and start covering the LSC since most of your independent teams are going away!

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied

I agree with you, this blowout loss was much easier to deal with than the blocked XP one. Muucchhh easier. It also helped it was partially expected.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

I agree with you, this blowout loss was much easier to deal with than the blocked XP one. Muucchhh easier. It also helped it was partially expected.
    Agreed! I was happy we scored 21 points and weren't shut out.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Recap is now up:

https://www.d2football.com/independents-round-1-recap/

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    I am wondering how CWU would have done at Western Colorado? Guess we will never know.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    A recap of the CWU game will be up Monday morning. The final article of the season will be a season recap that will be up sometime after Thanksgiving. The move to the LSC will be one of the things that will be covered.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Well, that could have gone better. But I enjoyed the experience (most of it anyway, the asshats mostly left at the half). This will give CWU an idea of what they need to do better for next year in their new conference.
    And with how young the team is it gives hope for the next 2-3 years if Glasper continues to improve. I'm not saying Kitna/Reilly level, but maybe Zach Hill?

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Sorry it ended this way. Hopefully this is what joining the LSC can prevent. Best of luck next season.

Leave a comment:

• IronOre
    replied
    Well, that could have gone better. But I enjoyed the experience (most of it anyway, the asshats mostly left at the half). This will give CWU an idea of what they need to do better for next year in their new conference.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    A NW fan sitting nearby said she called security and local cops over and even talked to the hecklers trying to quiet them
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-20-2021, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Away fans should be heckled, especially in the playoffs. As long as no lines are crossed I have no problem with that. People are becoming so sensitive.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X