Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT/ WT womens basketball

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT/ WT womens basketball

    On the WT web page, WT has signed two more players, plus the 3 early commitments. With who we have coming back, they will have to expand their bench. Its not some bottom-feeder trying to build up their program Any news, rumors.etc



















    wt













    b/

  • #2
    Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

    Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
    On the WT web page, WT has signed two more players, plus the 3 early commitments. With who we have coming back, they will have to expand their bench. Its not some bottom-feeder trying to build up their program Any news, rumors.etc



















    wt













    b/
    This...again....already?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      This...again....already?

      It’s never too early for WT basketball, men or women.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

        Not women's basketball, but UTPB men's coach has stepped down. The article doesn't say anything about where he is going or anything like that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

          Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          Not women's basketball, but UTPB men's coach has stepped down. The article doesn't say anything about where he is going or anything like that.
          Breaking News
          Newman Steps Down as UT Permian Basin Men’s Basketball Coach - UTPB Website
          Men's basketball coach Andy Newman has announced his resignation after five seasons at the helm at UT Permian Basin to accept the head coach position at California State University– San Bernardino.

          "This is the hardest decision I've had to make in my professional career," said Newman. The people at UTPB are really special. I've had an incredible time working with Dr. Woodley and Scott Farmer. They're two of the best in the business. There are so many great memories, between the run we made this year in the NCAA Tournament and making the Sweet 16, last year winning the Lone Star Conference. But my favorite memory I'll take away is our banquet from this past year. Seeing all the faces of the people that have come behind the program, our players, my family, and watching the support of this community grow to the level it has. There are no words to express how much I'm going to miss all of the people here."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

            It's good to see Newman boogie.

            He was the head coach of the dirtiest, head-hunting, cheap shot artists I've seen in 50 years of watching WT basketball. The worst! He knew what was going on. He turned enforcer thugs loose to purposefully hurt opposing players. I say it was part of his coaching strategy and tactical methods to overpower people. It was dirty, cheap shot, thuggery style of play that should not have been condoned by the league or the school. UTPB won a lot of games with Newman, but they did it with a bunch of second and third chance thugs. After WT beat UTPB for the regional championship, I had a few beers at a local pub with the officiating crew. They said don't be surprised to see half that team to be called convict in a a few years.

            It's one thing to play hard-nosed basketball, in your face, physical, and that's fine. Deliberate cheap shots don't belong on the court.

            Good riddance Newman.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

              Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
              Breaking News
              Newman Steps Down as UT Permian Basin Men’s Basketball Coach - UTPB Website
              Men's basketball coach Andy Newman has announced his resignation after five seasons at the helm at UT Permian Basin to accept the head coach position at California State University– San Bernardino.

              "This is the hardest decision I've had to make in my professional career," said Newman. The people at UTPB are really special. I've had an incredible time working with Dr. Woodley and Scott Farmer. They're two of the best in the business. There are so many great memories, between the run we made this year in the NCAA Tournament and making the Sweet 16, last year winning the Lone Star Conference. But my favorite memory I'll take away is our banquet from this past year. Seeing all the faces of the people that have come behind the program, our players, my family, and watching the support of this community grow to the level it has. There are no words to express how much I'm going to miss all of the people here."
              That program is a clown show. Glad he is gone.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

                Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                It's good to see Newman boogie.

                He was the head coach of the dirtiest, head-hunting, cheap shot artists I've seen in 50 years of watching WT basketball. The worst! He knew what was going on. He turned enforcer thugs loose to purposefully hurt opposing players. I say it was part of his coaching strategy and tactical methods to overpower people. It was dirty, cheap shot, thuggery style of play that should not have been condoned by the league or the school. UTPB won a lot of games with Newman, but they did it with a bunch of second and third chance thugs. After WT beat UTPB for the regional championship, I had a few beers at a local pub with the officiating crew. They said don't be surprised to see half that team to be called convict in a a few years.

                It's one thing to play hard-nosed basketball, in your face, physical, and that's fine. Deliberate cheap shots don't belong on the court.

                Good riddance Newman.
                Tell us how you really feel! ;)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

                  Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  It's good to see Newman boogie.

                  He was the head coach of the dirtiest, head-hunting, cheap shot artists I've seen in 50 years of watching WT basketball. The worst! He knew what was going on. He turned enforcer thugs loose to purposefully hurt opposing players. I say it was part of his coaching strategy and tactical methods to overpower people. It was dirty, cheap shot, thuggery style of play that should not have been condoned by the league or the school. UTPB won a lot of games with Newman, but they did it with a bunch of second and third chance thugs. After WT beat UTPB for the regional championship, I had a few beers at a local pub with the officiating crew. They said don't be surprised to see half that team to be called convict in a a few years.

                  It's one thing to play hard-nosed basketball, in your face, physical, and that's fine. Deliberate cheap shots don't belong on the court.

                  Good riddance Newman.
                  "That program is a clown show. Glad he is gone. "
                  - WT_ALUM08


                  Let's Relax just a little .. Sometimes young men or women make dumb mistakes sin the heat of the moment .. Mistakes doesn't make them "THUGS" . Nor should it reflect the entire program. Look at Duke basketball player Grayson Allen a repeat offender of tripping players and taking cheap shots, never once do you hear people questioning Duke basketball calling the whole team Thugs and dirty players.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

                    Plus their cheap shots went on to help WT When the game. I Really think we need to Thank Those players. maybe send them a gift basket ! ;-)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OT/ WT womens basketball

                      Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                      "That program is a clown show. Glad he is gone. "
                      - WT_ALUM08


                      Let's Relax just a little .. Sometimes young men or women make dumb mistakes sin the heat of the moment .. Mistakes doesn't make them "THUGS" . Nor should it reflect the entire program. Look at Duke basketball player Grayson Allen a repeat offender of tripping players and taking cheap shots, never once do you hear people questioning Duke basketball calling the whole team Thugs and dirty players.

                      Mistakes my ass. Deliberate headhunting as the HC condoned it by looking the other way and feigning innocence all year.

                      Were you in Frisco when drew Evans came down the baseline only to be knocked out with an elbow from King? It was deliberate, purposeful, pre-meditated, and vicious. It was designed to put a player on the floor and out of the game. Evans was under concussion protocol till the day we played in Sioux Falls.

                      Were you at the FUBC regional final when the same King did the same thing with a fist to Jordan Collins’ gonads? It wasn’t heat of the moment. It was sheer thuggery. At least he got tossed in Canyon. In Frisco the refs didn’t see it. On film it looked like a mugger hiding in the alley waiting for the victim to come round the corner.

                      Pathetic, wanton vicious thuggery Check with coaches around the league and I’ll bet they all have stories about Newman’s low life’s.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

                        Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Mistakes my ass. Deliberate headhunting as the HC condoned it by looking the other way and feigning innocence all year.

                        Were you in Frisco when drew Evans came down the baseline only to be knocked out with an elbow from King? It was deliberate, purposeful, pre-meditated, and vicious. It was designed to put a player on the floor and out of the game. Evans was under concussion protocol till the day we played in Sioux Falls.

                        Were you at the FUBC regional final when the same King did the same thing with a fist to Jordan Collins’ gonads? It wasn’t heat of the moment. It was sheer thuggery. At least he got tossed in Canyon. In Frisco the refs didn’t see it. On film it looked like a mugger hiding in the alley waiting for the victim to come round the corner.

                        Pathetic, wanton vicious thuggery Check with coaches around the league and I’ll bet they all have stories about Newman’s low life’s.
                        I watched games from this year and last year. they played a total of 6 times, before those last 2 games you are referring to it was a clean game. Now the last 2 game that's a different story. Looked like I was watching Fight Club LOL

                        We (as in WT) were once in the shoes of UTPB we had a player made a dumb mistake and everyone on the outside was questioning the players, the coach , the entire program. There can be such thing as a dirty player and dirty plays, but lets not go for the coaches and the whole program head just yet ..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                          I watched games from this year and last year. they played a total of 6 times, before those last 2 games you are referring to it was a clean game. Now the last 2 game that's a different story. Looked like I was watching Fight Club LOL

                          We (as in WT) were once in the shoes of UTPB we had a player made a dumb mistake and everyone on the outside was questioning the players, the coach , the entire program. There can be such thing as a dirty player and dirty plays, but lets not go for the coaches and the whole program head just yet ..

                          Not a dumb mistake. It’s called assault with intent to commit bodily harm.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

                            Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            Not a dumb mistake. It’s called assault with intent to commit bodily harm.
                            Exactly. This isnt hard to understand. And if it was just ONE “mistake” that would be one thing. But you are talking about multiple “mistakes” against multiple teams. So sorry if I’m not following this feel good, apologetic, Pollyanna thinking.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

                              Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                              I watched games from this year and last year. they played a total of 6 times, before those last 2 games you are referring to it was a clean game. Now the last 2 game that's a different story. Looked like I was watching Fight Club LOL

                              We (as in WT) were once in the shoes of UTPB we had a player made a dumb mistake and everyone on the outside was questioning the players, the coach , the entire program. There can be such thing as a dirty player and dirty plays, but lets not go for the coaches and the whole program head just yet ..
                              Maybe you didn't get to watch one of last years game - the same King did the knock out blow to Eric Moseley during the game at their place. Again Eric was out for a while & it did impact his playing time thereafter. Also, King was not a kid - 26+/- years old.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X