Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT/ WT womens basketball

On the WT web page, WT has signed two more players, plus the 3 early commitments. With who we have coming back, they will have to expand their bench. Its not some bottom-feeder trying to build up their program Any news, rumors.etc

wt

b/

Re: OT/ WT womens basketball

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
    On the WT web page, WT has signed two more players, plus the 3 early commitments. With who we have coming back, they will have to expand their bench. Its not some bottom-feeder trying to build up their program Any news, rumors.etc

wt

b/
    This...again....already?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      This...again....already?

Comment

Not women's basketball, but UTPB men's coach has stepped down. The article doesn't say anything about where he is going or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          Not women's basketball, but UTPB men's coach has stepped down. The article doesn't say anything about where he is going or anything like that.

"This is the hardest decision I've had to make in my professional career," said Newman. The people at UTPB are really special. I've had an incredible time working with Dr. Woodley and Scott Farmer. They're two of the best in the business. There are so many great memories, between the run we made this year in the NCAA Tournament and making the Sweet 16, last year winning the Lone Star Conference. But my favorite memory I'll take away is our banquet from this past year. Seeing all the faces of the people that have come behind the program, our players, my family, and watching the support of this community grow to the level it has. There are no words to express how much I'm going to miss all of the people here."

Comment

It's good to see Newman boogie.

He was the head coach of the dirtiest, head-hunting, cheap shot artists I've seen in 50 years of watching WT basketball. The worst! He knew what was going on. He turned enforcer thugs loose to purposefully hurt opposing players. I say it was part of his coaching strategy and tactical methods to overpower people. It was dirty, cheap shot, thuggery style of play that should not have been condoned by the league or the school. UTPB won a lot of games with Newman, but they did it with a bunch of second and third chance thugs. After WT beat UTPB for the regional championship, I had a few beers at a local pub with the officiating crew. They said don't be surprised to see half that team to be called convict in a a few years.

It's one thing to play hard-nosed basketball, in your face, physical, and that's fine. Deliberate cheap shots don't belong on the court.

Good riddance Newman.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

"This is the hardest decision I've had to make in my professional career," said Newman. The people at UTPB are really special. I've had an incredible time working with Dr. Woodley and Scott Farmer. They're two of the best in the business. There are so many great memories, between the run we made this year in the NCAA Tournament and making the Sweet 16, last year winning the Lone Star Conference. But my favorite memory I'll take away is our banquet from this past year. Seeing all the faces of the people that have come behind the program, our players, my family, and watching the support of this community grow to the level it has. There are no words to express how much I'm going to miss all of the people here."
              That program is a clown show. Glad he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

He was the head coach of the dirtiest, head-hunting, cheap shot artists I've seen in 50 years of watching WT basketball. The worst! He knew what was going on. He turned enforcer thugs loose to purposefully hurt opposing players. I say it was part of his coaching strategy and tactical methods to overpower people. It was dirty, cheap shot, thuggery style of play that should not have been condoned by the league or the school. UTPB won a lot of games with Newman, but they did it with a bunch of second and third chance thugs. After WT beat UTPB for the regional championship, I had a few beers at a local pub with the officiating crew. They said don't be surprised to see half that team to be called convict in a a few years.

It's one thing to play hard-nosed basketball, in your face, physical, and that's fine. Deliberate cheap shots don't belong on the court.

Good riddance Newman.
                Tell us how you really feel! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Good riddance Newman.
                  "That program is a clown show. Glad he is gone. "
                  - WT_ALUM08

Let's Relax just a little .. Sometimes young men or women make dumb mistakes sin the heat of the moment .. Mistakes doesn't make them "THUGS" . Nor should it reflect the entire program. Look at Duke basketball player Grayson Allen a repeat offender of tripping players and taking cheap shots, never once do you hear people questioning Duke basketball calling the whole team Thugs and dirty players.

Comment

Plus their cheap shots went on to help WT When the game. I Really think we need to Thank Those players. maybe send them a gift basket ! ;-)

Comment

OT/ WT womens basketball

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                      "That program is a clown show. Glad he is gone. "
                      - WT_ALUM08

Let's Relax just a little .. Sometimes young men or women make dumb mistakes sin the heat of the moment .. Mistakes doesn't make them "THUGS" . Nor should it reflect the entire program. Look at Duke basketball player Grayson Allen a repeat offender of tripping players and taking cheap shots, never once do you hear people questioning Duke basketball calling the whole team Thugs and dirty players.

Comment

I watched games from this year and last year. they played a total of 6 times, before those last 2 games you are referring to it was a clean game. Now the last 2 game that's a different story. Looked like I was watching Fight Club LOL

We (as in WT) were once in the shoes of UTPB we had a player made a dumb mistake and everyone on the outside was questioning the players, the coach , the entire program. There can be such thing as a dirty player and dirty plays, but lets not go for the coaches and the whole program head just yet ..

Comment

I watched games from this year and last year. they played a total of 6 times, before those last 2 games you are referring to it was a clean game. Now the last 2 game that's a different story. Looked like I was watching Fight Club LOL

We (as in WT) were once in the shoes of UTPB we had a player made a dumb mistake and everyone on the outside was questioning the players, the coach , the entire program. There can be such thing as a dirty player and dirty plays, but lets not go for the coaches and the whole program head just yet ..

Comment

Comment

Maybe you didn't get to watch one of last years game - the same King did the knock out blow to Eric Moseley during the game at their place. Again Eric was out for a while & it did impact his playing time thereafter. Also, King was not a kid - 26+/- years old.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X