Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McKinney Has Crack

Hahahaha. I like you too Tech ...."Nancy" and all....;)

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      Does A&M Commerce have a "World Class" Engineering program that can study the soil?

Paging We-Are Lions. Please pick up the courtesy phone sitting by Buffalo with Runs
      Fixed it for you.

LMAO

Comment

But you would swear by how the community of Katy acts, they only have Katy High and that's all. In fact I seem to recall the first effort to build their Taj Mahal went down because a number of the voters/taxpayers saw Katy High being the sole beneficiary of the stadium because it was going to be built close to them and where the old district stadium is located. One of my high school classmates was very vocal in her opposition and was always posting stuff on Facebook during that time from her organized group that was against it. It was pretty ugly fight between the pro/con sides.

Give Cy Fair a few years and they will join the crowd. I wouldn't doubt somewhere in the San Antonio/Austin areas one of the ISD's will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          County taxes did not pay. Both cities let the residents vote....each won by a landslide.
          I understand that. It was more a reference to the fact that both schools, if I'm not mistaken are in Collin County, and I should have made that clearer. Unfortunately, in Pennsylvania, voters don't have that option to approve or deny a football stadium (some taxpayers up here throw a hissy fit if a district tries to install field turf instead of grass, never mind building the Western Pa. version of Jerry World).
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            I understand that. It was more a reference to the fact that both schools, if I'm not mistaken are in Collin County, and I should have made that clearer. Unfortunately, in Pennsylvania, voters don't have that option to approve or deny a football stadium (some taxpayers up here throw a hissy fit if a district tries to install field turf instead of grass, never mind building the Western Pa. version of Jerry World).
            Thats because of the economy in PA. Collin County is one of the wealthiest counties in Texas, and we are in the middle of a huge economical growth.

Unlike some other school districts, we did not sacrifice education needs & expenses for athletics.

We passed a $275M bond to build a new hi-tech freshman center, new elementary school, HS aux gym, HS multipurpose music room, new testing center, renovations to freshman football stadium & practice fields, demolition of old freshman center, brand new STEAM (science, technologie, engineering, arts, mathematics) Center and additional course offerings....and several other program enhancements. The STEAM Center is supposed to be the best, highest tech centers in the United States.

These additions assure that we are keeping up with growth and remaining a one HS town.

Eventually as we max out our population growth, the freshman center MAY become a HS for 9th & 10th grade and the HS will become a Senior HS for 11th & 12th. Again, this will ensure a one HS, one team, town.

STEAM Center
            https://youtu.be/lWA5xDYuMbU

NEW Lowery Freshman Center
            https://youtu.be/wtNY8m9W9OQ
            Last edited by ASUPops; 06-03-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I always assumed The Berry Center was Cy-Fairs multi-use stadium. I'm guessing it's time for them to build another one similar to Berry Center.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                But you would swear by how the community of Katy acts, they only have Katy High and that's all. In fact I seem to recall the first effort to build their Taj Mahal went down because a number of the voters/taxpayers saw Katy High being the sole beneficiary of the stadium because it was going to be built close to them and where the old district stadium is located. One of my high school classmates was very vocal in her opposition and was always posting stuff on Facebook during that time from her organized group that was against it. It was pretty ugly fight between the pro/con sides.

Give Cy Fair a few years and they will join the crowd. I wouldn't doubt somewhere in the San Antonio/Austin areas one of the ISD's will do the same.

Comment

Funny thing I think this former classmate lives in the Cinco Ranch zone. Lol.

Comment

Cy-Fair ISD has two stadiums: Pridgeon Stadium and Cy-Fair FCU Stadium (Berry Center).
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Cy-Fair ISD has two stadiums: Pridgeon Stadium and Cy-Fair FCU Stadium (Berry Center).
                      Just curious how you know so much about the LSC schools and Texas in general. Do you have family down here?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        the snobs over in Cinco Ranch.
                        So ALL the people are "snobs"?? Why, because they have $ and high expectations?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                          So ALL the people are "snobs"?? Why, because they have $ and high expectations?
                          Not all people are snobs, Pops you have way too much blue collar grind it out to ever be part of this crowd. You have to dress a certain way, speak a certain way, and be part of the white collar private country club where you do not associate with commoners. These are the types that run Cinco Ranch. Not all fit into this category as they do not have the means or probably the want either. LOL, it would be great though to see you explaining Allen dominance and superiority to them.

Comment

Not all people are snobs, Pops you have way too much blue collar grind it out to ever be part of this crowd. You have to dress a certain way, speak a certain way, and be part of the white collar private country club where you do not associate with commoners. These are the types that run Cinco Ranch. Not all fit into this category as they do not have the means or probably the want either. LOL, it would be great though to see you explaining Allen dominance and superiority to them.

Vineyard Vines is popular label amongst Cinco Ranchers.

Comment

Comment

H3LL yes! "I ain't no snob". LoL.

That's EASY!! Presenting FACTS would be simple!!

Plus, based on the median income published for Cinco Ranch, those folks could not live in my neck of the woods. ;)
                                Last edited by ASUPops; 06-04-2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X