Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commerce 2018 roster

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DIIguru
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    I was wondering if not having the 4 fellas who failed the ncaa drug tests during the playoffs and have to sit for 4 games would hurt the Lions start this year, but then I thought they won the national championship without them so probably not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Boohaha
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Old news story where the press was reporting that trump got 2 scoops everyone else got 1.

    Leave a comment:


  • ASUPops
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    Them and trump!

    Leave a comment:


  • Boohaha
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Sounds like the Lions players are being well fed. Perhaps more than two scoops of ice cream in the dining hall.
    Them and trump!

    Leave a comment:


  • JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Can’t wait to see Preston Wheeler ;-)
    I know you cant buddy, I know...

    Leave a comment:


  • We-Are-Lions
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Yes, I imagine a more balanced offense this season too. Plus Kane Wilson is a real dual threat. Play action should be hard to stop this year with a big, fast QB not afraid to tuck it & turn up field (not that Perez was afraid to do that, but it wasnt in his DNA like it looks like with Wilson).
    Can’t wait to see Preston Wheeler ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • Michael Whitfield
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Champs 2018 roster is up on the website. Lots of low numbers still not assigned, so Im guessing the transfers arent yet listed and some freshman are competing for those skill spots. OL looks huge, mostly 6'3" or better and north of 300lbs.

    https://lionathletics.com/roster.asp...&path=football
    Sounds like the Lions players are being well fed. Perhaps more than two scoops of ice cream in the dining hall.

    Leave a comment:


  • JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Yea, I'm really excited to see Vincent Hobbs this year. Wilson pulling a play action and sucking up the Linebackers is going to make Hobbs' life easy in the middle of the field
    Or even just safety valve stuff to the RBs out of the backfield - that worked well for us late in the season last year. But yeah, Hobbs could have a monster season.

    Leave a comment:


  • LionFan
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Yes, I imagine a more balanced offense this season too. Plus Kane Wilson is a real dual threat. Play action should be hard to stop this year with a big, fast QB not afraid to tuck it & turn up field (not that Perez was afraid to do that, but it wasnt in his DNA like it looks like with Wilson).
    Yea, I'm really excited to see Vincent Hobbs this year. Wilson pulling a play action and sucking up the Linebackers is going to make Hobbs' life easy in the middle of the field

    Leave a comment:


  • JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.
    Yes, I imagine a more balanced offense this season too. Plus Kane Wilson is a real dual threat. Play action should be hard to stop this year with a big, fast QB not afraid to tuck it & turn up field (not that Perez was afraid to do that, but it wasnt in his DNA like it looks like with Wilson).

    Leave a comment:


  • LionFan
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    That appears to be the case. This is not THE 2018 Roster.

    Lots of talent to play with, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to replace an NFL caliber QB and get another natty. Perez was one of those special guys that dont come around often.

    Last year, all the stars aligned and Perez led the team to a natty. It was a magical year for sure. But, that's in the history books. Now's it's 2018 and it all starts a new.

    Good luck!
    Totally agree. That's why I'm thinking we run a bit more this year. We've got a great OL and RB, and can make life a little easier until new QB is comfy

    Leave a comment:


  • ASUPops
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.
    That appears to be the case. This is not THE 2018 Roster.

    Lots of talent to play with, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to replace an NFL caliber QB and get another natty. Perez was one of those special guys that dont come around often.

    Last year, all the stars aligned and Perez led the team to a natty. It was a magical year for sure. But, that's in the history books. Now's it's 2018 and it all starts a new.

    Good luck!

    Leave a comment:


  • LionFan
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    :wink:
    :bulgy-eyes:

    Leave a comment:


  • Packfootball
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    :wink:
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.

    Leave a comment:


  • LionFan
    replied
    Re: Commerce 2018 roster

    Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Champs 2018 roster is up on the website. Lots of low numbers still not assigned, so Im guessing the transfers arent yet listed and some freshman are competing for those skill spots. OL looks huge, mostly 6'3" or better and north of 300lbs.

    https://lionathletics.com/roster.asp...&path=football
    I don't see any of the transfers on there, looks like they (for the most part) just removed the ones that graduated/transferred, haven't added any new ones yet. I also didn't notice any surprise big names missing, which is always good. Depending on QB play, this should be a really fun year. TON of skill position players returning, and the defense returns all the major players and looked unstoppable as the season went on last year. Wouldn't be surprised to see us run a little more this year with EJ and Hale in the backfield, and Ovie Urevbu returning from injury.

    Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X