Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Koy Detmer Jr?

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
    We'll see. It will be tough for anyone to start the first game against last year's NCs, but someone has to be their first opponent. I know Detmer threw one TD pass in the spring game but not sure how he looked on his other snaps. All I know is that Dyal seems to do a REALLY good job of keeping his composure under pressure. Sometimes those intangibles lead to good things.
    It won't matter who the QB is unless we have fixed our O-line problems from last season. Watching the line was BRUTAL last season. Almost a flash back to the year where Tarleton State dumped 84 on us.

Comment

Are you guys going to be running a power offense like you guys did back in 2016 or will it be more of a spread/passing offense? That O-Line you guys had in 2016 was massive and very good. Commerce was very lucky to beat them that year.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
        It won't matter who the QB is unless we have fixed our O-line problems from last season. Watching the line was BRUTAL last season. Almost a flash back to the year where Tarleton State dumped 84 on us.
        Please tell me yall have the same dline coach.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
          Please tell me yall have the same dline coach.
          No, and a different DC, with a totally different mentality. Look back to the early 2000's for what his D's did.
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
            No, and a different DC, with a totally different mentality. Look back to the early 2000's for what his D's did.
            Dang it, i was looking forward to the 2 point stance d line again, that was fun, not so much for the hoggie fans, just eastern.

I seriously could not believe my eyes when i saw it.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I have a feeling Kingsville will be better than most think, even some of the Hoggie Fans.

He is a Detmer, and passing is in his blood.

It is for everyone's benefit to our teams to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                Dang it, i was looking forward to the 2 point stance d line again, that was fun, not so much for the hoggie fans, just eastern.

I seriously could not believe my eyes when i saw it.
                Good grief you had to go there!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
                  I have a feeling Kingsville will be better than most think, even some of the Hoggie Fans.

He is a Detmer, and passing is in his blood.

It is for everyone's benefit to our teams to be good.
                  I hope you are 100% correct. You have to put in perspective the last decade or has been one false starts for our program. So if most of us are a tad on the cautious side thinking anything positive, that's just the way it is. Last year after a turnaround season in 2016, it looked like we should of been not only in the thick of the LSC race, but in contention for a playoff birth. We took two steps back. It happened in 2010 after making the playoffs and narrowly losing to NWMSU. It happened in 2005 after making the semis that year too. Consistency like what Midwestern State or a few other schools have enjoyed is a foreign concept down here.

BTW I am not so sure Detmer will be the guy taking snaps come the opener in about a month.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X