Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commerce @ENMU

Somethings got to give with CSU-P, Midwestern and Tarleton being the next three of 4 games. These games will most likely determine the season. No way does this offense win all three of those games playing like this.

Comment

Exactly. Thank you.

Great win for Tech today. Looks like you guys have a Quarterback.

Comment

3-0 sure beats 2-1, 1-2, or 0-3. Thats 13 in a row for those counting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I said he looked more confident after one quarter. Read the rest.

Comment

Nobody will deny that, because we could easily be 1-2 or 0-3.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
              Nobody will deny that, because we could easily be 1-2 or 0-3.
              Not really. Defense way too good.

Comment

Exactly. Thank you.

Great win for Tech today. Looks like you guys have a Quarterback.
                Last edited by Techster88; 09-15-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I said he looked more confident after one quarter. Read the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 08LionBacker View Post
                    Not really. Defense way too good.

You really think this offense as it appears right now can run the table?

Comment

Actually, the most important is NOT earning the confidence of the Decision makers. The most important thing is what you are producing on the field.

He is not producing. We have the biggest game in Commerce this year in less than 7 days, and I am very worried right now.

I want Wheeler to work out, I really do. It would be a good thing to have a home grown Texas kid who has been in the system for 4 years take the reigns and take us places, but so far, that does not look like it is going to happen.

I am just wanting someone to answer this question, what does Wheeler have over Kane Wilson? And the answer "Because the Coaches say so" is not the answer I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                        You really think this offense as it appears right now can run the table?
                        Come on now....nobody is talking about running the table. They didnt run the table last year. Dont have to in D2 to win it all, just gotta be playing the best when it counts the most. Moving on to week 4.

Comment

Commerce is 3-0 and 2-0 in conference. END OF STORY.

Play every week like you are 0-0 taking one game/week at a time.

I do not understand the infighting. AGAIN Commerce is 3-0. *confused face*

Comment

This was my first chance to attend in person this year, and Im feeling better about things.

The defense took a huge step forward this week and is for real. Big, fast and deep. Our linebackers are really, really good. Its going to be really hard to move the ball on the ground against those guys and the QB pressure they put on every play is going to stress anyone trying to throw downfield against them. I am pretty confident they will keep us in every game this season. Which brings me to...

Offense is clearly struggling some. I was really glad to see them air it out a bit more last night - we had 191 yds on the ground, 101 from Carandal Hale - and stretching the Defense is responsible for that production. The passing game was a bit hard to watch most of the night, but I wasn't completely unhappy with what I saw. First, the wind was blowing pretty hard for most of the game, and that no doubt affected some throws. Wheeler also had an off night, it happens. Here's the thing, he has the tools to get it done. Throws are "mostly" accurate and has outstanding arm strength. I remember 2 years ago, after Perez's 4th game and we had just barely beat Kingsville 38-36 (sound familiar?) I was frustrated that Luis went 10-19 for 133 yards. He was holding the ball way too long, was missing or not seeing wide open receivers all over the place. I saw the same thing with Wheeler last night. He'd drop back, 3 guys would be wide open just after their cut, and he would just not get the ball out on time and the D had a chance to recover. When he did let it go he was missing high more often than not. So he was rushing his release. It looks to me that the game hasn't slowed down for him enough yet. He is in a bit of a hurry and not making immediate reads - which was really evident when ENMU blitzed him and he got buried a few times. I think he will be fine, given time. I think he has a chance to be REALLY good, in fact. We need to realize that the game WILL slow down for him, probably soon, and he will start putting up pretty big numbers. Patience is needed. That said...

GET THE BALL TO VINCENT HOBBS!!!! Good grief. I think he was targeted 3 times last night, and caught 1 pass for 7 yards. That dude has a chance to play on Sundays and often looks like a man among boys when he is in the secondary with the ball. THROW IT TO HOBBS!!! First possession! Second or 3rd play of the game!! I dont care if you put him at fullback early or direct snap to him or run a bubble screen. He NEEDS to touch the ball 8-10 times a game IMO. He is our best player on offense, and getting him the ball once a game is terrible and inexcusable. Once more for effect: THROW THE BALL TO VINCENT HOBBS!!!!

Last, I'd like to see Kane Wilson get the keys for one or 2 drives per game. His running ability will give us a very different look, say for the first drive of the 2nd half, and you could have a coach in Wheeler's ear on the sideline making sure he is seeing what he needs to see.

I like our chances at home the next 2 weeks. Pueblo will be a challenge, but I think we will shut their offense down pretty well, and Lock Haven should be pretty much a lock for us.

Can we put it all together in 3 weeks vs MSU? Jury is still out but, at this point in the season, I would not be surprised if we do.

Comment

Shutting down the run against Pueblo is the key. They are very one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post
                                Shutting down the run against Pueblo is the key. They are very one dimensional.
                                Although they threw for over 300 on Mines and held Mines to under 100 yards passing. Crazy stat. Shutting down the run certainly gets them off their game though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X