X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Midwestern vs Angelo

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I think they have to beat BOTH.

Either ASU competes in football like other sports or it's time for a change. There should be no more "maybe next year" or "we ALMOST won" or "ifs".......TIRED of all that talk. WALK THE WALK TIME!

Comment

You are awfully high on a team that has three wins over teams that are averaging 18 points on offense and giving up an average of 34 points a game. That includes WT's wins over two REALLY bad teams. I've seen a lot of teams on this kind of roll, with a lot of confidence, get a rude awakening.

Comment

Originally posted by bleacher dweller View Post
        You are awfully high on a team that has three wins over teams that are averaging 18 points on offense and giving up an average of 34 points a game. That includes WT's wins over two REALLY bad teams. I've seen a lot of teams on this kind of roll, with a lot of confidence, get a rude awakening.

Comment

Maybe the powers that be
          will FINALLY agree.
          We shall see.

(I know corny rhyme)

I can think of another program that resembles this.

Comment

I think an 8-2 record would (not including ACU game) prove major progress.

Do you believe ASU will only drop one more game this season???

Anything less than 8 wins this season is not enough. Not after 7 seasons of rebuilding. One playoff birth in 7 seasons is simply unacceptable in my eyes.

Comment

I agree with you that ASU has stunk to this point but they have proved that they can play offense against two teams that have a lot better defense than Tarleton. Defense is another story.

My point is that TSU has done nothing to warrant your hype.

Comment

I agree with you that ASU has stunk to this point but they have proved that they can play offense against real good teams.

How is Delta State doing?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  How is Delta State doing?
                  0-4

Comment

I agree with you that ASU has stunk to this point but they have proved that they can play offense against two teams that have a lot better defense than Tarleton. Defense is another story.

Comment

Just my thoughts. TSU is playing at a higher level right now. I have no dog in the fight.

Comment

Maybe the powers that be
                        will FINALLY agree.
                        We shall see.

(I know corny rhyme)
                        The powers that be are in agreement with you. From talking with those powers, they really do not want to be known for firing coaches but are really short on patience with football. If they fire Will, it will be three in a row and that will not set well with prospective coaches.

Comment

Listen, don't get me wrong. I have MAD respect for Will Wagner. He is one of the finest people I know. I mean he is a likeable guy.

BUT this is business. If Wag didnt have the tools given him or did not have a President that was 100% behind the football program, then I would be looking for changes at the top. But Dr May has gone above and beyond for ASU football (as well as all other ASU sports). And it is each HC's job to use the tools given and build a CONSISTENTLY successful program. If they fail, then they must pay the consequences.

Wag was hired December 2010. This is his 8th season -
                          2011: 5-6 (2-6)
                          2012: 5-6 (4-4)
                          2013: 5-6 (2-4)
                          2014: 9-3 (5-2) play-offs 2nd round. Lost to 2014 NC.
                          2015: 7-4 (3-3)
                          2016: 5-6 (4-5)
                          2017: 6-5 (4-4)
                          2018: 2-2 (1-1) as of 9/22

I think these records speak volumes.

Let's hope ASU finishes 8-3 or even better, wins out and finishes 9-2. But I swear, I never want to see 5-6 or 6-5 as long as I live. I can't stand mediocrity. Either put forth that extra effort to get to the top or step aside and let someone else do it.

Comment

I think an 8-2 record would (not including ACU game) prove major progress.

Do you believe ASU will only drop one more game this season???

Anything less than 8 wins this season is not enough. Not after 7 seasons of rebuilding. One playoff birth in 7 seasons is simply unacceptable in my eyes.

Comment

I hear ya. But in his 8th season of building, Wag needs to have his team in the position to compete against ever team!!! If he loses a close game or two, hey thats football. But when you get beat 57-36 and had 116 offensive plays to 69, that is NOT competing. I mean MSU only scored 12 pts less than their total number of plays. If ASU did that, they would have scored 104 pts. Or if you took play to points ratio than ASU would have scored 95 pts.

In my opinion....ASU, at this point, needs to be competitive at the TOP.

Again, I am looking at 8 years of "rebuilding" a program that was really only competitive one season out of 8.

Comment

Also.....how do you figure beating either Tarleton or Commerce puts ASU in a "good" spot?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X