Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Texas at Central Washington

Hey Buffs, great game!!! Totally unexpected by 95%, including me. I was watching in a hotel in Hartford, CT, 9 pm kickoff. By the time the 2nd half started I was crashed out for my 5 am eastern wake up call. I woke up at 3 am and checked the message board. Shocked ebullience was my reaction. My wife didn't appreciate me waking her up to tell her the Buffs won! Too bad babe. Get over it.

Get ready for homecoming and UTPB.

Comment

Did the Buffs finally find an offense or was Central Washington's D that bad?

Comment

WT matched up favorably and it is the healthiest the team has been all year

Comment

When do they put out Player of the Week. DC4 had a phenomenal game

Comment

Originally posted by Kthtmllr88 View Post
            When do they put out Player of the Week. DC4 had a phenomenal game
            He was LSC offensive player of the week!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
              He was LSC offensive player of the week!
              Man that's awesome we used to open a separate thread for that. We don't do that anymore? Any idea on defense and special teams POTW

Comment

Man that's awesome we used to open a separate thread for that. We don't do that anymore? Any idea on defense and special teams POTW
                You can find those on lonestarconference.org
                Utpb player defensive lb
                Enmu special teams
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  Hey Buffs, great game!!! Totally unexpected by 95%, including me. I was watching in a hotel in Hartford, CT, 9 pm kickoff. By the time the 2nd half started I was crashed out for my 5 am eastern wake up call. I woke up at 3 am and checked the message board. Shocked ebullience was my reaction. My wife didn't appreciate me waking her up to tell her the Buffs won! Too bad babe. Get over it.

Get ready for homecoming and UTPB.

Comment

I still say the freshman QB Perez is the QB of the future. He is big and mobile, rushed for over 1,000 yards last year. Decent arm. But, he's a RS. The kind of QB Hughes needs to run the ball control offense he craves. Under center, lot's of play-action passing based on a strong ground game, a rollout passer able to rip off some big gainers and the occasional and effective QB draw.

Comment

From what i saw they didn't really give us anything deep and protected against the deep ball. They were very soft on the edges we could have done a lot more on the outside. That said somebody did their homework and took what they gave us. Obviously the next team will line up to stop the run. I think then we can gauge QB play a little better. As i understand it this kid wasn't the starter earlier this year. One thing i will say is this can get then believing.

Comment

As i understand it this kid wasn't the starter earlier this year. One thing i will say is this can get then believing.
                        Unfortunately he was the starter last year and we have lots of game film on him. Unless he got tremendously better, I'm not going to get my hopes up. One thing I think has improved quite a bit since last year though is the O-Line (Minus the Tarleton Game, lol).

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                          Unfortunately he was the starter last year and we have lots of game film on him. Unless he got tremendously better, I'm not going to get my hopes up. One thing I think has improved quite a bit since last year though is the O-Line (Minus the Tarleton Game, lol).
                          I think he is definitely improved from what we have seen so far. He is completing 60% of his passes compared to 47% last year. He seems more composed this year but will it be enough to improve the offense to get a few more wins, Idk. UTPB will stack the box and shut down the run again like last year I'm sure. We should know more this week. I'd like to see them let him throw the ball 30 times like they did in game 1 against Azusa and see if he can get in a rhythm. Without a passing game they wont be able to keep winning games in my opinion. Teams are going to make them throw

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                            I think he is definitely improved from what we have seen so far. He is completing 60% of his passes compared to 47% last year. He seems more composed this year but will it be enough to improve the offense to get a few more wins, Idk. UTPB will stack the box and shut down the run again like last year I'm sure. We should know more this week. I'd like to see them let him throw the ball 30 times like they did in game 1 against Azusa and see if he can get in a rhythm. Without a passing game they wont be able to keep winning games in my opinion. Teams are going to make them throw

Comment

The shuffle started the moment Vaughan graduated. QB play has been below average since

Comment

This isn't a Hughes thing. WT has had a QB problem for years. Was wondering how long it would take you to start ragging on Hughes.

On another note. WT has only been blown out 1 time so far this year and it happens to be Tarleton who is blowing every team out. I am not ready to say WT is back but I think they are already showing improvement. I still stand by my prediction that WT will make it into the second tier of teams as long as they are healthy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X