Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wt run style thread

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    To many things going thru thier head. Trying to learn how to read from a different position on field. How to get footwork down. And less time to make decisions on what to throw. It's much harder to pass from under center snap. But there are so many more possibilities that are on table when you do so with play action passes

West coast from center is much more challenging for a QB to learn than spread shotgun. Think of old 49ers video. Everytine you see Walsh he was working with Montana and Young about the footwork on the three different drops.
    Eastern New Mexico took a freshman from Logan NM and put him under center. He played 8 man football 6 less total guys on the field and i would bet my paycheck you he didnt have to make the presnap reads and adjustments or have the footwork he had to have to run the triple. He took every snap from the gun before college, if he can learn others can to, if Hughes doesnt have a coach that can teach it, then fire him and find someone.[/QUOTE]

There are fewer coaches out there that know how to run a "traditional" offence. I hope they find a guy and make it work. . I would like to see some more under center offence everybody looks the same now. Football needs some creativity in offensive philosophy but the blocking rule changes in last ten years make it tougher to run the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
      Do they have the right players to run 21 or 22 personnel?

Comment

I prefer 21 as well. The Pro is a good offense with great double & triple routes that can set up nicely off of PA. The run game can be a beast with great misdirection & power options. Plus few teams are equiped to defend the Pro. Everyone is built to defend 10 & 11 personnel schemes.

That was one of the main reasons my son chose Angelo back in '09, they ran the Pro with Neiswander at QB.

Comment

I prefer 21 as well. The Pro is a good offense with great double & triple routes that can set up nicely off of PA. The run game can be a beast with great misdirection & power options. Plus few teams are equiped to defend the Pro. Everyone is built to defend 10 & 11 personnel schemes.

That was one of the main reasons my son chose Angelo back in '09, they ran the Pro with Neiswander at QB.
          why they left that ill never know.

Ran power, zone, iso. Then play action to a 1v1 receiver or dump it to the te who got behind the lbs.

They used to do some tackle fullback in the day too.

Its sad that alot of teams are even running victory from the gun as well.
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ran power, zone, iso. Then play action to a 1v1 receiver or dump it to the te who got behind the lbs.

If you're running victory then things could be worse. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              If you're running victory then things could be worse. :smile-big:
              true enough!

Comment

Ay Ay Captain! Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead. The Buffs are actually in a perfect position to waltz into Kommerce & pull an upset on the East Texas Lions. Hopefully the injured RB Carter will be back in top form for the running game & the Buffs can pull a little surprise. East Texas will not be expecting that!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                  Ay Ay Captain! Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead. The Buffs are actually in a perfect position to waltz into Kommerce & pull an upset on the East Texas Lions. Hopefully the injured RB Carter will be back in top form for the running game & the Buffs can pull a little surprise. East Texas will not be expecting that!
                  Haha. Nice one. Carter is for sure out this week, maybe the rest of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    Bonner threw for 30 TDs and 3300 yards when Pueblo won in 2014.

2015 and on is when Pueblo has become fairly one dimensional, they were able to go beat Midwestern on the road but got smacked by Grand Valley. They've dominated the conference to a lesser extent as well.
                    This is exactly what I was thinking. Bonner was a BEAST. Great passing game!!!

Boohaa is just a green koolaid drinker. ;) He LOVES his team!! Mad respect for the dude.

Comment

Coach Carr was released after 2010. Wag kept Coach Gas and named him OC. Gas put in Pistol. Then Aych at OC stuck with Pistol. Hence why Pro went bye-bye.

Comment

This is exactly what I was thinking. Bonner was a BEAST. Great passing game!!!

Boohaa is just a green koolaid drinker. ;) He LOVES his team!! Mad respect for the dude.
                        Im not anti pass, but if you can run the ball and play good defense you can dominate teams in any condition!

Effectivr passing is good.

Comment

Im not anti pass, but if you can run the ball and play good defense you can dominate teams in any condition!

Effectivr passing is good.
                          I love a good smashmouth offense....but, a balanced offense is the way to go.

I think ENMU uses the perfect offense for them. Based on the talent they get, there really isnt a better fitting offense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X