Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????
    I guess you could ask Sam Houston, or McNeese, or SLU, or SFA the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
      I guess you could ask Sam Houston, or McNeese, or SLU, or SFA the same thing.
      How good could UIW really be *checks standings* WHAT EVEN!? Kudos to Incarnate Word.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
        LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????
        Last edited by catatonic; 11-05-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

If West Texas is ever returning to D1, the WAC is the ticket.

Comment

If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
              If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?
              I could see the first three, but Weber is a charter member of the Big Sky, and have a close rivalry with Idaho State.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                I could see the first three, but Weber is a charter member of the Big Sky, and have a close rivalry with Idaho State.
                Only two I could feasibly see if N Colo and S Utah. Both are bottom feeders and this could give them a chance to compete for conference titles. TSU, Dixie State ( someone was geographically challenged when they named this school ) and most likely UTRGV adding a team. That would be 5 and WT could be enticed to join and have a conference. A lot still needs to happen, but it is feasible.

Comment

Didn't think about the Weber State part of that. But say Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah leave the Big Sky. You know where I'm going with this right. :smile-big: Granted the money isn't there for the program and would be a HUGE struggle.... But...

Comment

The question remains about how long the WAC will survive as a viable conference and if they can find enough schools willing to jump before the clock expires. The clock is not slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                      The question remains about how long the WAC will survive as a viable conference and if they can find enough schools willing to jump before the clock expires. The clock is not slowing down.
                      Yup, It's 4:20 somewhere. My bad wrong clock.

Comment

Didn't think about the Weber State part of that. But say Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah leave the Big Sky. You know where I'm going with this right. :smile-big: Granted the money isn't there for the program and would be a HUGE struggle.... But...
                        I know where you are going. Would be a fit with Portland State and EWU close, UM and MSU a short enough trip. But even if we tripled our current athletic budget, we would be on the short end of the stick in most sports. And that is before the needed upgrades to facilities.

I went to the Montana State v. Cal Poly game this weekend. While the Bobcats have probably the top facilities overall in the Big Sky, there is no comparison. CWU facilities would be near the bottom of the BSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          How good could UIW really be *checks standings* WHAT EVEN!? Kudos to Incarnate Word.
                          Well they have the best D Coordinator and Secondary Coach in all of FCS...

Comment

I know where you are going. Would be a fit with Portland State and EWU close, UM and MSU a short enough trip. But even if we tripled our current athletic budget, we would be on the short end of the stick in most sports. And that is before the needed upgrades to facilities.

I went to the Montana State v. Cal Poly game this weekend. While the Bobcats have probably the top facilities overall in the Big Sky, there is no comparison. CWU facilities would be near the bottom of the BSC.
                            Yup, The budget is not there and would be a struggle. But like you said Portland, Spokane, Moscow, Pocatello, Missoula, Bozeman are bus rides.

Comment

Yup, The budget is not there and would be a struggle. But like you said Portland, Spokane, Moscow, Pocatello, Missoula, Bozeman are bus rides.
                              My plan, had I won the billion dollar Mega jackpot, was to fully fund the transition, endowing the additional budget needs, upgrade to Tomlinson (Runnin' Cat Field at Tomlinson Stadium has a ring to it...), and a new baseball stadium. This would be after buying the 25K acre ranch in the Shields Valley.....

Comment

My plan, had I won the billion dollar Mega jackpot, was to fully fund the transition, endowing the additional budget needs, upgrade to Tomlinson (Runnin' Cat Field at Tomlinson Stadium has a ring to it...), and a new baseball stadium. This would be after buying the 25K acre ranch in the Shields Valley.....
                                I had the same plan on those two jackpot's with Mega Millions and Power Ball. HAHAHA. I guess I can put all my focus now on the Publisher Clearing House Giveaway Prize.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X