Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Well they have the best D Coordinator and Secondary Coach in all of FCS...
    Still, wasn't expecting them to be near the top

Comment

Would love to see FCS WAC with New Mexico State, Tarleton, WT, Northern Arizona, Dixie State, Southern Utah and maybe CSU Pueblo and then maybe if Grand Canyon and Utah Valley would start teams...

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
        Would love to see FCS WAC with New Mexico State, Tarleton, WT, Northern Arizona, Dixie State, Southern Utah and maybe CSU Pueblo and then maybe if Grand Canyon and Utah Valley would start teams...
        UTRVG would be more likely than GCU. At this point the WAC would rather die a slow death than add FCS football. Not sure what is holding them back. One thing is for sure the WAC in its current state is a house built on sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
          NMST will not go FCS, too much money and prestige tied up in playing UTEP and UNM every year. Like Techster said, I am curious about UT-RGV as an FCS school though. They completed the study, but would it be favorable for them to start?
          Tarleton State Texan
          Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            UTRVG would be more likely than GCU. At this point the WAC would rather die a slow death than add FCS football. Not sure what is holding them back. One thing is for sure the WAC in its current state is a house built on sand.
            I know that Angelo State did an evaluation study a few years back and decided the cost was too much to move to FCS. Most people at ASU like the fact that they can compete for National Championships in all sports (Softball, baseball, tennis, soccer, etc.). However if both WT and Tarleton leave to go FCS, with the lack of replacements in the wing, they might reconsider it. I don't think it is preferred, but the loss of two, or more, LSC football schools would really hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
              I know that Angelo State did an evaluation study a few years back and decided the cost was too much to move to FCS. Most people at ASU like the fact that they can compete for National Championships in all sports (Softball, baseball, tennis, soccer, etc.). However if both WT and Tarleton leave to go FCS, with the lack of replacements in the wing, they might reconsider it. I don't think it is preferred, but the loss of two, or more, LSC football schools would really hurt.
              I agree with you on all accounts. I seriously believe Tarleton and WT are the next two that will make the jump in the near future.

Comment

I agree with you on all accounts. I seriously believe Tarleton and WT are the next two that will make the jump in the near future.
                Whats the near future? 2 years?

Comment

To what conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    To what conference?
                    Unless the WAC starts FCS football, it'd have to be Southland. Only problem is they're full and I doubt they'd be willing to take two D2 schools again.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                      Unless the WAC starts FCS football, it'd have to be Southland. Only problem is they're full and I doubt they'd be willing to take two D2 schools again.
                      What will be the Vegas line on which happens first- the Southland adding a team or the Lone Star losing one?

I'd bet on the second.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        What will be the Vegas line on which happens first- the Southland adding a team or the Lone Star losing one?

I'd bet on the second.
                        With 21 members it is a safe bet that someone is going to bail out of the LSC before the Southland adds
                        Tarleton State Texan
                        Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                          With 21 members it is a safe bet that someone is going to bail out of the LSC before the Southland adds
                          21? I thought that there were 19?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                            21? I thought that there were 19?
                            You're right. I was confused. 19 members still too many to keep a consistent vision for a long period of time
                            Tarleton State Texan
                            Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
                              You're right. I was confused. 19 members still too many to keep a consistent vision for a long period of time
                              Still, safe bet the Lonestar loses a school before the SLC adds one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                                From my understanding over the next 3+ years, they aren't inviting anyone. I am hearing could be 5+ years based on some strategic financial contracts just signed.

So TSU and/or WT would have to go else where. Not happening anytime soon.

But its fun chatter never the less.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X