X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't look now, But UIW.......

Comment

Is the Iowa State-UIW game still on? Will there be a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        UIW beat Central Arkansas yesterday 40-27

It puts them at 6-2 in the SLC with their conference schedule concluded. They are tied with Nicholls State for first and the Colonels have to play Southeastern La which is not a given for Nicholls.

As it looks now Laker, UIW could very well get at least an at large bid for the playoffs based on their body of work or even get the auto bid if Nicholls loses which would cancel the Iowa State game.
        Last edited by LSC Fan; 11-11-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

While I'd very much prefer keeping the name as it is, Tarleton A&M is acceptable. Bit weird but acceptable.

Comment

Just be prepared for all scenarios. I was involved in the name change fiasco at TAMUK back in the 90's on the against the name change side. Polticians will be polticians and in our case, our local ones who promissed us the name would not be changed were the ones that screwed us and demoralized a university for several years both in it's idenity and more importantly with it's capacity to raise money from the alumni and business community. Endowments went down the tubes and I think some of the problems we are having to deal with in regards to our athltetic faclilties are somewhat tied into the lack of being able to rely on "old money" or "legacy money" to get things rolling. We've only recently, in the last decade or so, recovered on the academic side of the coin with fundrasing and clout in the legislature and the A&M Board of Regents.

Comment

Taking off my purple colored glasses, the only two names which make sense from a non-Tarleton POV, is Texas A&M University-Stephenville or Stephenville A&M University. Tarleton A&M just sounds goofy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                Taking off my purple colored glasses, the only two names which make sense from a non-Tarleton POV, is Texas A&M University-Stephenville or Stephenville A&M University. Tarleton A&M just sounds goofy to me.
                No affiliation or love for Tarleton, so this is coming from a very unbiased point of view, but Tarleton A&M doesn't sound bad at all. Not a whole lot different than Tarleton State. That being said, without Texas in there, would College Station be okay with just Tarleton A&M? As Tarleton A&M, the mothership in College Station doesn't seem to get the "credit" or name recognition they feel they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  UIW (just before the season started) cancelled a season finale game with UNA to schedule this game.

Will be interesting to see how this works out.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                    UIW (just before the season started) cancelled a season finale game with UNA to schedule this game.

Will be interesting to see how this works out.
                    I guess at the time Iowa State also thought they were out of the running for the Big 12 title game which in itself is stupid concept. They still have an outside shot at making that game. But they would have to beat Texas and get some help down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                      No affiliation or love for Tarleton, so this is coming from a very unbiased point of view, but Tarleton A&M doesn't sound bad at all. Not a whole lot different than Tarleton State. That being said, without Texas in there, would College Station be okay with just Tarleton A&M? As Tarleton A&M, the mothership in College Station doesn't seem to get the "credit" or name recognition they feel they deserve.
                      Prairie View A&M? No Texas in that

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                        People kill me....lol. Some one I was speaking with at Commerce yesterday about this thought ASU, TSU, and MSU were all part/extensions of Texas State University. Like other teams that had either A&M or UT......and that NM teams were part of one system.

After initially laughing (internally) at this perspective.....I realised just how muddled it can be to parent, students, and the general public as the branding beyond the "Big Boys" is not very effective.

One parent told me her son chose Commerce because he always wanted to play football for Texas A&M. So to some players (people) they look at all the schools with A&M in their name like another campus of THE Mothership. So they tell people their son is playing for or going to Texas A&M.

I guess that can not hurt in recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                          Prairie View A&M? No Texas in that

Comment

Since 1973 they have been Prairie View A&M University.

From '47 -'73 they were Prairie View A&M College of Texas

In '45 they went from Prairie View Normal and Industrial College to Prairie View University.

(Info taken from Wiki)
                            Last edited by ASUPops; 11-11-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              Since 1973 they have been Prairie View A&M University.

From '47 -'73 they were Prairie View A&M College of Texas

In '45 they went from Prairie View Normal and Industrial College to Prairie View University.

(Info taken from Wiki)

Quick fact. Before desegregation, they were in charge of the Prairie View Interscholastic League where many of the predominantly African American High Schools played for championships. Unfortuanley many of those schools get passed over in chatter about great athletic programs or teams of the past.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X